Associate Degree vs. Bachelor Degree

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
$48-52K is minimum wage pay to licensed electricians. In license states the average is $70-90K. A licensed apprentice doing solar work in Minnesota makes $60K, and that's a 20 year old kid that doesn't know the front endf a screwdriver from the back end of one. And that's working 8 months out of the year, if they work every hour they can.

If you have an engineering degree at any level, you can freelance $100K. Companies will pay estimators a percentage of every job they estimate and win on that bid. Most estimators will get 10% of what they bid, so if you are estimating $1 million a year or more and there are estimators doing $10 million or more, you can see the earnings potential. There are guys that do that for 5-10 years and retir/QUOTE

It disturbs to say 52k per year is nothing but mere chump change but the facts speak for themselves. I made 52k in one day playing the stock market.

Dec 2017
USA
I dont know about some of those salaries. I know my mom was a CCRN with a bachelors in nursing and lots of experience and she only makes what you are saying is for a RN with an associates.
Exactly--there isn't much difference between the RN and BsN (Bachelors in Nursing), in terms of income. However, the duties performed will vary, typically with the RN doing more of the 'dirty work'.

Also, note, the entry salary of Engineering Technicians (Associate Degree) vs. Engineers (Bachelor Degree) are nearly the same, with Engineers making about $5000-10,000 more on average.

You can look all this up on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, if interested.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Exactly--there isn't much difference between the RN and BsN (Bachelors in Nursing), in terms of income. However, the duties performed will vary, typically with the RN doing more of the 'dirty work'.

Also, note, the entry salary of Engineering Technicians (Associate Degree) vs. Engineers (Bachelor Degree) are nearly the same, with Engineers making about $5000-10,000 more on average.

You can look all this up on the Bureau of Labor Statistics, if interested.
I have a cousin who got his AS in engineering and he has a great job for a major company, and travels the world for his work. He even knows more about his work than many of those who got the bachelors in the same field. He is like a math genius tho, and didnt see the point in continuing in school when he already found a nice job.

One time at a family reunion, he told me the only reason he would even consider getting the bachelors was to quit taking crap from those who have one. But his work is better than theirs and that is enough for him.

Dec 2017
USA
I have a cousin who got his AS in engineering and he has a great job for a major company, and travels the world for his work. He even knows more about his work than many of those who got the bachelors in the same field. He is like a math genius tho, and didnt see the point in continuing in school when he already found a nice job.

One time at a family reunion, he told me the only reason he would even consider getting the bachelors was to quit taking crap from those who have one. But his work is better than theirs and that is enough for him.
@Lyzza

Yes--exactly. Thanks for sharing about your cousin

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
$48-52K is minimum wage pay to licensed electricians. In license states the average is $70-90K. A licensed apprentice doing solar work in Minnesota makes $60K, and that's a 20 year old kid that doesn't know the front end of a screwdriver from the back end of one. And that's working 8 months out of the year, if they work every hour they can.

If you have an engineering degree at any level, you can freelance $100K. Companies will pay estimators a percentage of every job they estimate and win on that bid. Most estimators will get 10% of what they bid, so if you are estimating $1 million a year or more and there are estimators doing $10 million or more, you can see the earnings potential. There are guys that do that for 5-10 years and retire.
52k per annum is but mere chump change to a non-union and non-licensed electrician. An electrical degree or electrical license is not needed when you work for a major corporation. The major corporation provides their own insurance when you last the 90 day probationary period. Pass the 90 day probationary period and you're in.