Atheism and the State

Feb 2014
nunya
The video has almost nothing to do with atheism. He starts out with the statement that atheists are generally liberal and then goes on to argue against liberalism.
I agree it did not have a lot to do with atheism. What I think he was trying to point out was the accusation of Christians forcing their religion onto people and how liberal atheists attempt to use the state to force their ideology on to others. I do agree the last 1/4 of it at least was mostly attacking liberalism.

Feb 2014
nunya
this is a string of straw men and baseless assumptions.
I agree the last part went from the point to just attacking liberals. Also, I thought he was misrepresented atheists as being all liberal. I agree the majority probably are, but there is a whole bunch of atheist libertarians. Most libertarians are on the right, even the atheists, on the political sphere as a whole.

Mar 2008
australia
Overall though I think the premise was interesting.
would it work going the other direction? i could produce a similar video, where i would cite that statistically most conservatives are christians. then point out the flaws and errors of the bible. then conclude conservative ideology is wrong. because thats what this guy does, he moves between 'liberal' and 'atheist' as if the two mean the same thing.

Nov 2013
El Paso, TX
would it work going the other direction? i could produce a similar video, where i would cite that statistically most conservatives are christians. then point out the flaws and errors of the bible. then conclude conservative ideology is wrong. because thats what this guy does, he moves between 'liberal' and 'atheist' as if the two mean the same thing.
This is the opposite of what the video does. The video starts with the result and then questions the cause while you are starting with the cause to question the result. It is the result that really matters. Virtually all Atheists are scum, therefore there is something wrong with Atheism. But there are a fair number of decent Christians, therefore there must be something right about Christianity.

Reactions: 1 person
Mar 2008
australia
This is the opposite of what the video does. The video starts with the result and then questions the cause while you are starting with the cause to question the result. It is the result that really matters. Virtually all Atheists are scum, therefore there is something wrong with Atheism. But there are a fair number of decent Christians, therefore there must be something right about Christianity.
nope. he says most atheists are liberals, and liberals are scum, therefore atheists are scum.

Reactions: 1 person