Atheism is not an imperative of Science

Aug 2019
USA
Atheism is not an imperative of Science.
Or
Science does not require Atheism.

This is one of those things so obviously true, it almost seems foolish to mention, except....
I have read posts that directly contradict these Truisms, not pointing any fingers.

So do not be shy. If you question this simple fact, speak up. Show us the empirical evidence that refutes it. I am interested in your opinion this issue.
Most of all, some factual information would be helpful. Not too much of that Unicorn stuff.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
No one has claimed any such thing. What has been pointed out is the positive correlation between education in science and atheism. The more education one receives in science (especially the “hard” sciences) the more likely that individual will be an atheist. Why do you think that is?

Aug 2019
USA
No one has claimed any such thing. What has been pointed out is the positive correlation between education in science and atheism. The more education one receives in science (especially the “hard” sciences) the more likely that individual will be an atheist. Why do you think that is?
If you are suggesting cause and effect, some documentation would be an imperative. Put up or shut up.

I do not see Science causing individuals to be atheists. I see atheists pursuing Science.

May 2018
USA
If you are suggesting cause and effect, some documentation would be an imperative. Put up or shut up.

I do not see Science causing individuals to be atheists. I see atheists pursuing Science BECAUSE THEISTS ARE TOO FUCKING STUPID TO GET INTO COLLEGE.
FIFY

Fact of the matter is this: smart people tend to be atheists. Smart people tend not to believe in ghosts, zombies, Santa Claus, and invisible Sky Gods. Low-IQ people, children, and gullible people believe those types of things. VERY RARELY one will meet a religious person with an actual brain. Those rare folks understand something that the low-IQ religious people don't: religious tomes written thousands of years ago should NOT be taken literally. Plus, unlike the low-IQ "fake" christians of the right, the REAL Christians have actually bothered to read their Holy book. I assume it's the same for the rest of the religions as well.

Seriously, some of your ilk just banned Harry Potter in a Tennessee school because it's EVIL!!! Bwahahaha! And the funniest thing is when theists get all huffy that nobody respects their beliefs (which do not deserve any more respect than a 5 year old's imaginary friend).

Aug 2019
USA
FIFY

Fact of the matter is this: smart people tend to be atheists. Smart people tend not to believe in ghosts, zombies, Santa Claus, and invisible Sky Gods. Low-IQ people, children, and gullible people believe those types of things. VERY RARELY one will meet a religious person with an actual brain. Those rare folks understand something that the low-IQ religious people don't: religious tomes written thousands of years ago should NOT be taken literally. Plus, unlike the low-IQ "fake" christians of the right, the REAL Christians have actually bothered to read their Holy book. I assume it's the same for the rest of the religions as well.

Seriously, some of your ilk just banned Harry Potter in a Tennessee school because it's EVIL!!! Bwahahaha! And the funniest thing is when theists get all huffy that nobody respects their beliefs (which do not deserve any more respect than a 5 year old's imaginary friend).
I enjoy a good chuckle with my morning coffee.
Thanks

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Here's what science does tell us.
Dead people don't rise from the dead.
There is no evidence to support the story of creation found in the bible, and literally thousands of tons of evidence that contradict it.
There is no evidence of the flood of Noah, and plenty of evidence that it never happened.
There is no evidence of the Exodus, the parting of the Red Sea, large numbers of people wandering in the desert for 40 years, none.
What the evidence supports is the theory that the bible was constructed as a propaganda piece, to support the claim of a royal family of Israel to the throne.
And that nonsense as built on the nonsense to create the Christian mythology, and then more nonsense built on that to create the Muslim mythology, etc.
And that's just a few branches of religion, there is no evidence to support that the Gods live on Mt Olympus, there is no evidence that sacrificing children increases crop yields, there is no evidence that some people are witches who communicate with Satan using their cats.
There is no evidence of Heaven.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA

I do not see Science causing individuals to be atheists. I see atheists pursuing Science.
It doesn’t matter. In either case people who are taught to use critical thinking tend to become scientists or people who become scientists are taught critical thinking. No matter how you slice it those who are more likely to use critical thinking tend to be atheists.