Atheism is not an imperative of Science

Dec 2015
Arizona
You project more than anyone on any board that I've ever been on. There is nobody on the face of God's green earth that is more insecure than you are - a true testament to the old saying that liberalism is a mental disorder.

If you can find a chance to screw with me, you're like a mangy dog with a bone - you can't let it go. If the worst POS scumbag on this planet was kicking me, you'd join in. Your are the one with an inflated ego; you presume that everything I say is directed at you - and I don't even know you except to the extent that your narcisstic bullshit would make a preacher cuss. You are dishonest, unethical, opportunistic, and you think you have a halo hanging over your head keeping that monopoly on human virtue you think you have intact.

Personally I'd bet dollars against doughnuts that you're a fat, ugly slob that has never been off her butt because you're always here, waiting for me to show up so you can troll me. You should take fifty bucks and go to the dog pound. You should buy yourself a dog. You should name it Life. That way you can say you have one.

Now, if you're through with the personal insults - NOBODY addressed you in the first place, post something about the topic OR get used to me ignoring you. I'm not interested in you and you are disrespecting yourself by throwing yourself at men, then getting your panties in a bunch when they turn you down.
Everybody RISE! WOW! That was awesome, dude. I've been insulted by some of the best but honestly---that was out of the park. You KILLED IT! Truly.
I mean....I would be hard-pressed to say which was my favorite part. The part about the fat, ugly slob was a bit childish but I LOVED the derogatory off-color bit about throwing myself at men. THANK YOU! It really made my day.

AND let me compliment you on your choice of adjectives: dishonest, unethical, opportunistic!! What admiration I have for ANYONE who can put together a string of syntactic, descriptive words with such aptitude and eagerness--such swagger!
WELL DONE!
WELL PLAYED!
Touche!

Mar 2018
Grayson
Everybody RISE! WOW! That was awesome, dude. I've been insulted by some of the best but honestly---that was out of the park. You KILLED IT! Truly.
I mean....I would be hard-pressed to say which was my favorite part. The part about the fat, ugly slob was a bit childish but I LOVED the derogatory off-color bit about throwing myself at men. THANK YOU! It really made my day.

AND let me compliment you on your choice of adjectives: dishonest, unethical, opportunistic!! What admiration I have for ANYONE who can put together a string of syntactic, descriptive words with such aptitude and eagerness--such swagger!
WELL DONE!
WELL PLAYED!
Touche!

There is nothing special about the truth, Clara. If anybody were interested, I'd be glad to help them find the exact posts from which to draw the conclusion. Now, do you have anything relevant to this thread OR do you want to keep trying to rally your troops to show us how tolerant you are of others? NOT.

Mar 2018
Grayson
LOL, you believe in magic with no evidence, you can't even provide a refutation other than say its stupid. Do you hate yourself? Because providing no argument is the epitome of idiocy

Anyway, this just shows you are here for nothing but trolling. YOu are the one incapable of defending your position. You are the one projecting. You are the one trolling when all you can do to refute a claim is to personally attack. Pretty sure everybody knew that already

You are projecting. Until the REAL trolls like you showed up, we were having a civil conversation - a back and forth with viewpoints being supplied via links from a variety of sources. You should crawl back under that rock you slithered out from under because I HAVE pointed to fact based sources to illustrate what we know and what we don't know about science. My views align with both the Bible and science. Your lies don't change what is in this thread. You just either can't read beyond a 5th grade level OR you want to yell troll while being one.

Since you've been proven to be a pathological liar, you and I are done here.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
My interpretation of the Bible squares up with science quite nicely. Even science does not know all things to a certainty so many things postulated in science are only theory... just as religion. But, I never have the problem of science and my faith contradicting one another.
Really, your science squares up with walking on water, transforming water to wine, raising the dead, curing leprosy with words...and ascending into heaven.
If it does, if you say you believe that magical things happen every now and then, that the supernatural is real and that it can influence the natural world, own it.
I know a guy who believes that there are fairies in the woods, and in his world, there are.
We all live in the world inside our head, we can try to perceive objective reality, but really, everything is subjective.
I remember clearly the moment that the supernatural world of God and Angels and Jesus and heaven and hell dissolved, and stopped being real.
Nearly every atheist was raised in a tradition of faith, nearly every atheist had to work their way out of that mode of thinking.
For those who accept what they are told without question, faith can be a great comfort.
I like to know why, I like evidence, and so a belief in the divine is unsustainable for me.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Really, your science squares up with walking on water, transforming water to wine, raising the dead, curing leprosy with words...and ascending into heaven.
If it does, if you say you believe that magical things happen every now and then, that the supernatural is real and that it can influence the natural world, own it.
I know a guy who believes that there are fairies in the woods, and in his world, there are.
We all live in the world inside our head, we can try to perceive objective reality, but really, everything is subjective.
I remember clearly the moment that the supernatural world of God and Angels and Jesus and heaven and hell dissolved, and stopped being real.
Nearly every atheist was raised in a tradition of faith, nearly every atheist had to work their way out of that mode of thinking.
For those who accept what they are told without question, faith can be a great comfort.
I like to know why, I like evidence, and so a belief in the divine is unsustainable for me.
Even in your perfect world of science, scientists (at least some of the more ethical ones) will admit that there are things that they cannot explain and there are no absolutes in science.

If you had to work to divest yourself of faith, then maybe you were rebelling against your own soul. There have been people cured of cancer when the doctors had written people off. A few believers get together, pray and God figures that a person deserves to have the cancer reversed. Doctors are dumbfounded. They cannot explain what happened. They cannot explain why. We can say that the praying and the person going into remission were a coincidence, but we can't prove it.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Even in your perfect world of science, scientists (at least some of the more ethical ones) will admit that there are things that they cannot explain and there are no absolutes in science.

If you had to work to divest yourself of faith, then maybe you were rebelling against your own soul. There have been people cured of cancer when the doctors had written people off. A few believers get together, pray and God figures that a person deserves to have the cancer reversed. Doctors are dumbfounded. They cannot explain what happened. They cannot explain why. We can say that the praying and the person going into remission were a coincidence, but we can't prove it.
Just because something is unexplained, doesn't make it magical, further research usually uncovers a natural explanation.
Science isn't a perfect world, it's a tool that we use to increase knowledge.
I didn't have to work to divest myself of my faith, it dissolved in the time it took me to go ten feet on my bicycle.
It's really a great feeling to have that insight, to see clearly that none of that shit is true.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Just because something is unexplained, doesn't make it magical, further research usually uncovers a natural explanation.
Science isn't a perfect world, it's a tool that we use to increase knowledge.
I didn't have to work to divest myself of my faith, it dissolved in the time it took me to go ten feet on my bicycle.
It's really a great feeling to have that insight, to see clearly that none of that shit is true.
Goober, It is not my job to convince you of anything. When you cannot explain certain phenomenon, you are free to call it what you want and to explain it any way you see fit. At the end of the day, if you look at it rationally, you are pissed off because you cannot convert me. I've not once in this thread tried to get you to agree to any possibility that I might be right in having faith. Way back in post #69 you were trying to negotiate with me to accept your viewpoint.

All you atheists do is to whine and moan, cry and complain about how stupid Christians are for believing in the Bible. If you fail to convert Christians into believing in nothing, then you have failed and the Christian is stupid and an intolerable lot that should not be afforded the Rights of man. When Christians have enough of this bullshit and push back, then atheists cry that it is a lack of tolerance they are against. You need to get past it goober.

The truth is, people CAN build a freaking 500 foot long boat. You can doubt the story until Hell freezes over, but it can be done. The Pyramids exist today and scientists admit that they CANNOT tell you with any degree of certainty HOW they were built nor how many people it took, etc., but there is evidence that those Pyramids exist. A boat built thousands of years ago out of wood no longer existing doesn't take a science degree to figure out isn't all that unusual. In my lifetime, there was an old rotting house near where my grandmother lived. Today, after less than half a century later, there is NOTHING there to prove it existed. If I adopted your POV, that house was never there. Son, that just don't seem to be scientific.

I told you an event happened in my life to which I couldn't explain. I don't bother relating it to people like you for this very reason. One day I asked an attorney friend his take on the event because this guy was an attorney and a minister. We discussed the Bible and evidence - and between the two of us (both having been trained in the subject of evidence) we know more about evidence than you do. It was through many years of applying evidence and asking authorities (like biblical archaeologists) that I not only learned how to accept the Bible as being true, but accepting Christ as well. That bothers you.

You're still stuck goober. You will not get scientists, archaeologists, historians, etc. to agree when or how the Pyramids were built. They will tell you by modern standards that it would have been impossible to build the Pyramids, yet there they stand, engineering marvels that we probably could not duplicate today. So, I've applied the laws of evidence and didn't try to deal my way out of this conversation, but pointed to the fatal flaw in your reasoning. I have not asked that you agree with me, just pointing out the obvious so that you could think it over - and maybe one day realize that you don't apply the laws of evidence because you want to refute the Bible so much, not only can you not tolerate the fact that I do believe in a God, but you're compelled to want to try and drive me into the ground for refusing to be a zealot like you.

When it comes to the laws of evidence (and I had to study the laws of evidence in school and apply them in real life), there are so many unexplained variables that it is not out of the realm of possibility that a God exists. What is IMPOSSIBLE is that you get something from nothing. That is harder to swallow. What I know is, when the timing was right for me and I was faced with looking for an answer AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I went into it without bias confirmation, the Bible provided the most logical and rational answer. Interpreted correctly the Bible and science do not contradict one another. Sometimes theories clash, but you find scientists of faith that have varying theories that harmonize the Bible and science. That is not going to be to your liking, but then again, I'm not coming here every day to insinuate you are stupid for not accepting my views. I'm not pushing them on you. I can say we can agree to disagree and walk away. You can't. Atheism is your religion and you cannot allow anyone to be free to believe. I don't recall even trying to ridicule you into accepting the possibility of a God. You're the one who believes he has all the answers (but still hasn't proven the one I asked you to explain.) You can't walk away with a simple statement that we can agree to disagree. You will have to have the last word and it will be have to be an insult toward anyone that dares believe in the Bible.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Goober, It is not my job to convince you of anything. When you cannot explain certain phenomenon, you are free to call it what you want and to explain it any way you see fit. At the end of the day, if you look at it rationally, you are pissed off because you cannot convert me. I've not once in this thread tried to get you to agree to any possibility that I might be right in having faith. Way back in post #69 you were trying to negotiate with me to accept your viewpoint.

All you atheists do is to whine and moan, cry and complain about how stupid Christians are for believing in the Bible. If you fail to convert Christians into believing in nothing, then you have failed and the Christian is stupid and an intolerable lot that should not be afforded the Rights of man. When Christians have enough of this bullshit and push back, then atheists cry that it is a lack of tolerance they are against. You need to get past it goober.

The truth is, people CAN build a freaking 500 foot long boat. You can doubt the story until Hell freezes over, but it can be done. The Pyramids exist today and scientists admit that they CANNOT tell you with any degree of certainty HOW they were built nor how many people it took, etc., but there is evidence that those Pyramids exist. A boat built thousands of years ago out of wood no longer existing doesn't take a science degree to figure out isn't all that unusual. In my lifetime, there was an old rotting house near where my grandmother lived. Today, after less than half a century later, there is NOTHING there to prove it existed. If I adopted your POV, that house was never there. Son, that just don't seem to be scientific.

I told you an event happened in my life to which I couldn't explain. I don't bother relating it to people like you for this very reason. One day I asked an attorney friend his take on the event because this guy was an attorney and a minister. We discussed the Bible and evidence - and between the two of us (both having been trained in the subject of evidence) we know more about evidence than you do. It was through many years of applying evidence and asking authorities (like biblical archaeologists) that I not only learned how to accept the Bible as being true, but accepting Christ as well. That bothers you.

You're still stuck goober. You will not get scientists, archaeologists, historians, etc. to agree when or how the Pyramids were built. They will tell you by modern standards that it would have been impossible to build the Pyramids, yet there they stand, engineering marvels that we probably could not duplicate today. So, I've applied the laws of evidence and didn't try to deal my way out of this conversation, but pointed to the fatal flaw in your reasoning. I have not asked that you agree with me, just pointing out the obvious so that you could think it over - and maybe one day realize that you don't apply the laws of evidence because you want to refute the Bible so much, not only can you not tolerate the fact that I do believe in a God, but you're compelled to want to try and drive me into the ground for refusing to be a zealot like you.

When it comes to the laws of evidence (and I had to study the laws of evidence in school and apply them in real life), there are so many unexplained variables that it is not out of the realm of possibility that a God exists. What is IMPOSSIBLE is that you get something from nothing. That is harder to swallow. What I know is, when the timing was right for me and I was faced with looking for an answer AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, I went into it without bias confirmation, the Bible provided the most logical and rational answer. Interpreted correctly the Bible and science do not contradict one another. Sometimes theories clash, but you find scientists of faith that have varying theories that harmonize the Bible and science. That is not going to be to your liking, but then again, I'm not coming here every day to insinuate you are stupid for not accepting my views. I'm not pushing them on you. I can say we can agree to disagree and walk away. You can't. Atheism is your religion and you cannot allow anyone to be free to believe. I don't recall even trying to ridicule you into accepting the possibility of a God. You're the one who believes he has all the answers (but still hasn't proven the one I asked you to explain.) You can't walk away with a simple statement that we can agree to disagree. You will have to have the last word and it will be have to be an insult toward anyone that dares believe in the Bible.
I really don't care what you believe.
I do care about facts, so I do get involved when people claim that there is scientific evidence that supports Bible stories, because there really isn't.