Atheism is not an imperative of Science

Mar 2018
Grayson
I really don't care what you believe.
I do care about facts, so I do get involved when people claim that there is scientific evidence that supports Bible stories, because there really isn't.
What claim did I make regarding any "Bible story?" No sir. You came here to try and force me to believe in the horsesh!+ you accept. What you spew was written by men with no more insights on the origin of man than a primate living in the wilds of Africa. When you couldn't negotiate your way into forcing me to change my opinion, you began insulting me by trying to call things you don't believe in "stories."

You're not going to get the conversation you pretend to want by insulting people. You cannot goad me into your petty pissing match on a board where you're playing to people that agree with you. You didn't see any Christians with the guts to stand up to you. They obviously don't visit this board. What atheists really like is when they can go to a venue and make all the phony Christians bow down to your pretend superiority. And you are never going to walk away and say, let's agree to disagree. It's because atheists are good at projection. While I'm willing to accept that you have a different opinion, you won't do the same for me. You want to use ridicule, insults and force to get your way. You haven't proven anything and this argument has gone on for over 100 posts now. Your disbelief doesn't make you right. You FAILED to disprove Noah's Ark by YOUR OWN STANDARDS!!! The way atheists argue is much like the political left (and you might be on the left) is that if there is ONE chink in the armor, then the entire premise is false. So, after 100 posts you know that the Pyramids exist, but modern engineers cannot come to any substantial conclusion as to when or how they were built. Not prevailing on that point, you cannot disprove the fact that men can build a 500 foot long boat.

If you were the alpha male in this discussion, you would be telling those of a lesser IQ that you cannot use force, intimidation, insults, and ridicule to convince others of your position. So, we know who is schooling who on this one. I've probably made a better teacher than you are willing to admit to. If you thought I were an idiot, you would, at this juncture, walk away. A smart man knows not to argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So, I stopped at the point where YOUR beliefs had a chink in the armor. Your own standards doth testify against thee. I don't have to argue with you; don't have to belittle you; don't even have to insult you. I simply took your measuring rod and proved that you do not have a monopoly on human virtue or critical thinking skills.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
What claim did I make regarding any "Bible story?" No sir. You came here to try and force me to believe in the horsesh!+ you accept. What you spew was written by men with no more insights on the origin of man than a primate living in the wilds of Africa. When you couldn't negotiate your way into forcing me to change my opinion, you began insulting me by trying to call things you don't believe in "stories."

You're not going to get the conversation you pretend to want by insulting people. You cannot goad me into your petty pissing match on a board where you're playing to people that agree with you. You didn't see any Christians with the guts to stand up to you. They obviously don't visit this board. What atheists really like is when they can go to a venue and make all the phony Christians bow down to your pretend superiority. And you are never going to walk away and say, let's agree to disagree. It's because atheists are good at projection. While I'm willing to accept that you have a different opinion, you won't do the same for me. You want to use ridicule, insults and force to get your way. You haven't proven anything and this argument has gone on for over 100 posts now. Your disbelief doesn't make you right. You FAILED to disprove Noah's Ark by YOUR OWN STANDARDS!!! The way atheists argue is much like the political left (and you might be on the left) is that if there is ONE chink in the armor, then the entire premise is false. So, after 100 posts you know that the Pyramids exist, but modern engineers cannot come to any substantial conclusion as to when or how they were built. Not prevailing on that point, you cannot disprove the fact that men can build a 500 foot long boat.

If you were the alpha male in this discussion, you would be telling those of a lesser IQ that you cannot use force, intimidation, insults, and ridicule to convince others of your position. So, we know who is schooling who on this one. I've probably made a better teacher than you are willing to admit to. If you thought I were an idiot, you would, at this juncture, walk away. A smart man knows not to argue with an idiot. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. So, I stopped at the point where YOUR beliefs had a chink in the armor. Your own standards doth testify against thee. I don't have to argue with you; don't have to belittle you; don't even have to insult you. I simply took your measuring rod and proved that you do not have a monopoly on human virtue or critical thinking skills.
Here's my problem with the Noah's Ark story, there is zero evidence of a worldwide flood.
There is zero evidence of a mass extinction event.
There is a problem with the construction of the ark, whether it's just an old man or his whole family or even if his neighbors pitched in, it's a job that requires people who understand the construction of large vessels, it's a job that requires a huge amount of resources, and for what? A flood that never happened?
If you want to say it was a big flood, like the one in China or the one that carved out the Grand Canyon, you have problem, those floods would have sunk the ark, they wouldn't have deposited it on top of a mountain.
It's clearly a fairy tale and it comes in a book full of fairy tales.
If you go by the actual physical evidence.
The only explanation for the Noah's ark story that works in the natural world, is that it is fiction. That works.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Here's my problem with the Noah's Ark story, there is zero evidence of a worldwide flood.
There is zero evidence of a mass extinction event.
There is a problem with the construction of the ark, whether it's just an old man or his whole family or even if his neighbors pitched in, it's a job that requires people who understand the construction of large vessels, it's a job that requires a huge amount of resources, and for what? A flood that never happened?
If you want to say it was a big flood, like the one in China or the one that carved out the Grand Canyon, you have problem, those floods would have sunk the ark, they wouldn't have deposited it on top of a mountain.
It's clearly a fairy tale and it comes in a book full of fairy tales.
If you go by the actual physical evidence.
The only explanation for the Noah's ark story that works in the natural world, is that it is fiction. That works.

The mind is like a parachute. It only functions when opened. Using your measuring stick, if the Pyramids were not still standing, you would have to deny their existence as well.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
You project more than anyone on any board that I've ever been on. There is nobody on the face of God's green earth that is more insecure than you are - a true testament to the old saying that liberalism is a mental disorder.

If you can find a chance to screw with me, you're like a mangy dog with a bone - you can't let it go. If the worst POS scumbag on this planet was kicking me, you'd join in. Your are the one with an inflated ego; you presume that everything I say is directed at you - and I don't even know you except to the extent that your narcisstic bullshit would make a preacher cuss. You are dishonest, unethical, opportunistic, and you think you have a halo hanging over your head keeping that monopoly on human virtue you think you have intact.

Personally I'd bet dollars against doughnuts that you're a fat, ugly slob that has never been off her butt because you're always here, waiting for me to show up so you can troll me. You should take fifty bucks and go to the dog pound. You should buy yourself a dog. You should name it Life. That way you can say you have one.

Now, if you're through with the personal insults - NOBODY addressed you in the first place, post something about the topic OR get used to me ignoring you. I'm not interested in you and you are disrespecting yourself by throwing yourself at men, then getting your panties in a bunch when they turn you down.
The mind is like a parachute. It only functions when opened. Using your measuring stick, if the Pyramids were not still standing, you would have to deny their existence as well.
So, you have no actual argument, thanks for admitting we are right. Talk about cognitive dissonance, there is no enough water in the world to cover the entire planet. Fact. And your analogy is ridiculous

More projection. Talk about close mind. YOu believe without any evidence, and no amount of fact, logic and reasoning will matter, and you prove that by being unable to put forth any rational arguments, just personal attacks and deflection.

Looks like just yet another internet troll going around the internet posting intentionally stupid stuff

Mar 2018
Grayson
So, you have no actual argument, thanks for admitting we are right. Talk about cognitive dissonance, there is no enough water in the world to cover the entire planet. Fact. And your analogy is ridiculous

More projection. Talk about close mind. YOu believe without any evidence, and no amount of fact, logic and reasoning will matter, and you prove that by being unable to put forth any rational arguments, just personal attacks and deflection.

Looks like just yet another internet troll going around the internet posting intentionally stupid stuff
You make silly posts like that and even atheists are going to see beyond your stupidity.

I am among those Christians that do not believe the flood was world - wide and explained how the story and science have hypothesized that it did take place. Do you realize you just made a straw man argument and exposed your abject stupidity?

You troll me and call me a troll? Surely you jest. What are you? Like maybe 12? That is generous. And how much education did you get in evaluating evidence? You apparently did not access the many links I've left here to prove you are little more than a B.S. artist looking for some kind of validation from nutjobs that cannot participate in a civil conversation nor make a cogent argument - save of their are more people that believe in nothing versus those who believe in something.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
The truth is, people CAN build a freaking 500 foot long boat. You can doubt the story until Hell freezes over, but it can be done.
It can’t if you build it out of wood and you want it to float. The longest practical boat you can build out of wood is about 300 feet,

Jul 2014
massachusetts
It can’t if you build it out of wood and you want it to float. The longest practical boat you can build out of wood is about 300 feet,
The largest wooden ship ever built was the Wyoming, a New England schooner, 450 feet long overall from Jib boom to spanker boom, hull length 350 feet, and despite having a steel reinforced hull, she broke up in heavy seas with loss of all hands. And that was built at the pinnacle of wooden ship technology.

Mar 2018
Grayson
Modern engineering dictates that it should be impossible for the Pyramids to have been constructed to with-stand the beatings they have taken - Hell they shouldn't even be there. Yet they are.

Did you happen to read the thread's title before posting? FWIW:

"The longest wooden ship ever built, the six-masted New England gaff schooner Wyoming, had a "total length" of 137 metres (449 ft) "

List of longest wooden ships - Wikipedia

So you want to quibble over 51 feet and tell me it can't be done???

Last edited:
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Modern engineering dictates that it should be impossible for the Pyramids to have been constructed to with-stand the beatings they have taken - Hell they shouldn't even be there. Yet they are.

Did you happen to read the thread's title before posting?
I have never heard that, and why do keep trying to change the subject to the pyramids, we all agree that the pyramids were built by men.

It appears we all agree that there was no worldwide flood.
So we all seem to agree that the flood in the story of Noah in the bible didn't happen.
So what would be the point of building a huge ship and loading it with animals?
Maybe a guy named Noah, got on a raft during a flood, with a couple of goats, and a couple of sheep, and survived, and that story got amplified into the ark, and two of every animal, etc.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I have never heard that, and why do keep trying to change the subject to the pyramids, we all agree that the pyramids were built by men.

It appears we all agree that there was no worldwide flood.
So we all seem to agree that the flood in the story of Noah in the bible didn't happen.
So what would be the point of building a huge ship and loading it with animals?
Maybe a guy named Noah, got on a raft during a flood, with a couple of goats, and a couple of sheep, and survived, and that story got amplified into the ark, and two of every animal, etc.
No, we do not agree. I don't believe in a world wide flood. There is NO scientific proof beyond any doubt to support my position.

That Noah built an ark is an historical fact of which there is no question.

The point in the building of the Ark is probably where you have a problem with believing the Bible. I'd bet dollars against doughnuts that you started off with a false presupposition about what the Bible is to arrive at your conclusion. I based that on your question. The Christian Bible is not, never has been, nor ever will be about all the people that lived on the face of the earth. The Bible is a book written to, for and about a people called Israel (not to mistaken with modern day "Jews.")

I'm not an authority on Noah's Ark. So, I cannot answer every single question you would have about it. What I am going to tell you is that the Bible was written by men inspired of God, relating their recollections in days long before pens and pencils; typewriters and later word processors; computers and tablets. After a while, they are in no better position to be accurate on every detail no more than Joe Biden is when relating his experiences before audiences. Man is not infallible. If you were to search the Scriptures hard enough, you can probably reconcile everything with some principle of science, but they why question... the Bible never tells you all the answers to why questions.