Atheism is not an imperative of Science

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
You have limited experiences. I've told you about the mother who awakens at night from a deep sleep and a phone call confirms her uneasiness. No scientific explanation can give you a definitive answer to that.

A sniper is in a still position scanning for a target. He senses that someone is tracking him. The sniper has not seen the person shadowing him; cannot smell him; hasn't touched him, hasn't heard as much as a twig break and there is nothing to taste) so there is something else alerting him.

You cant' deny these things; you can't explain them. Until you've had something happen in your life, you won't understand.
That proves absolutely nothing. Conincidence. Humans always put in their own pattenr to completely random events. 1000s of events, nothing. ONe time it happens to coincide with something and humans are like "see, proof of god". 99.9% of prayers unanswered, the one time it is, oh, that's proof of god. Completely illogical. ANd most religious people's so called evidence they felt the presence of god is explained by normal physiological processses. Moments of clarity of warm fuzzy feelings are natural and religious people just equate that with being proof of god. IN fact, spiritual events can be duplicated by the use of particular drugs. Add to that the fact human senses are flawed and the brain fills in gaps of those flawed senses,and the brain filling in gaps can make you think you saw or heard something that wasn't there.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
You have limited experiences. I've told you about the mother who awakens at night from a deep sleep and a phone call confirms her uneasiness. No scientific explanation can give you a definitive answer to that.

A sniper is in a still position scanning for a target. He senses that someone is tracking him. The sniper has not seen the person shadowing him; cannot smell him; hasn't touched him, hasn't heard as much as a twig break and there is nothing to taste) so there is something else alerting him.

You cant' deny these things; you can't explain them. Until you've had something happen in your life, you won't understand.
I can explain them, and not with magic, it's called "random chance", mothers think about there children quite frequently, getting a phone call about one of their children while they are thinking about them is something that we would expect to happen on a regular basis. Most of the time that phone call arrives out of the blue with your mind on something else, which is exactly what one would expect.

A sniper in enemy territory had better be thinking about being found all the time.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I can explain them, and not with magic, it's called "random chance", mothers think about there children quite frequently, getting a phone call about one of their children while they are thinking about them is something that we would expect to happen on a regular basis. Most of the time that phone call arrives out of the blue with your mind on something else, which is exactly what one would expect.

A sniper in enemy territory had better be thinking about being found all the time.
I cannot tolerate idiocy. If you can sell that swill, welcome to it.

Last edited:
Mar 2018
Grayson
That proves absolutely nothing. Conincidence. Humans always put in their own pattenr to completely random events. 1000s of events, nothing. ONe time it happens to coincide with something and humans are like "see, proof of god". 99.9% of prayers unanswered, the one time it is, oh, that's proof of god. Completely illogical. ANd most religious people's so called evidence they felt the presence of god is explained by normal physiological processses. Moments of clarity of warm fuzzy feelings are natural and religious people just equate that with being proof of god. IN fact, spiritual events can be duplicated by the use of particular drugs. Add to that the fact human senses are flawed and the brain fills in gaps of those flawed senses,and the brain filling in gaps can make you think you saw or heard something that wasn't there.
Do you have a point or are you just trolling?

Mar 2018
Grayson
Typical no actual argument poster, try to deflect with dumb insults and lies. I addressed the idiocy that you think evidencde of a large flood in china means proof of Noah's flood. It's absurd, there is no worldwide flood. THEre is no proof, no matter what nonsense religious links you try to post. It is impossible for a worldwide flood, there is not enough water to cover the entire planet. It's also ridiculous to claim 2 of all animals were on that boat, or someone could make a boat that large. I mean, what a joke, trying to actually claim Noah's flood has proof and then mock my factual and logical arguments LOL

You people think you can post a link to some garbage and copy their dumb arguments and that is all you need to do? LOL
Yeah, I agree. You have no actual argument. Your silliness isn't worth responding to. When YOU posted lies, it says you don't want a civil conversation, you want a pissing match. Screw you and the horse you rode in on. If you can't be honest and civil, expect me to ignore you henceforth.

Dec 2015
Arizona
I'm sorry for you. I apologize to the other posters for your posts. Your post responds to NOTHING I've addressed here. The evidence regarding Noah's flood (including views I said I don't agree with) were included. So, what you made was kind of a dumb ass post that was more trolling that addressing any particular issue.

There is as much evidence in support of a local flood as there is of a localized flood. For that reason, my views are are not concrete. I can't prove to you that gravity exists, but without it, your ass would be floating around like a helium filled balloon. Denying the evidence proving the flood does not disprove it. It's just crap nutjobs like to hurl to get arguments started. BTW, what is your education / experience in the fields of evaluating and assessing evidence?
AND I'm going to apologize to Lloyd for YOU, seeing that your superior attitude has gotten the BEST of you and only the worst remains--something called Grandiose Narcissism.
This inflated ego of yours has GOT to go, but hey--obviously it's hard for you to be humble.

Mar 2018
Grayson
I don't believe in magic, I believe in the natural world, you apparently require magical explanations in your world.
My interpretation of the Bible squares up with science quite nicely. Even science does not know all things to a certainty so many things postulated in science are only theory... just as religion. But, I never have the problem of science and my faith contradicting one another.

Mar 2018
Grayson
AND I'm going to apologize to Lloyd for YOU, seeing that your superior attitude has gotten the BEST of you and only the worst remains--something called Grandiose Narcissism.
This inflated ego of yours has GOT to go, but hey--obviously it's hard for you to be humble.
You project more than anyone on any board that I've ever been on. There is nobody on the face of God's green earth that is more insecure than you are - a true testament to the old saying that liberalism is a mental disorder.

If you can find a chance to screw with me, you're like a mangy dog with a bone - you can't let it go. If the worst POS scumbag on this planet was kicking me, you'd join in. Your are the one with an inflated ego; you presume that everything I say is directed at you - and I don't even know you except to the extent that your narcisstic bullshit would make a preacher cuss. You are dishonest, unethical, opportunistic, and you think you have a halo hanging over your head keeping that monopoly on human virtue you think you have intact.

Personally I'd bet dollars against doughnuts that you're a fat, ugly slob that has never been off her butt because you're always here, waiting for me to show up so you can troll me. You should take fifty bucks and go to the dog pound. You should buy yourself a dog. You should name it Life. That way you can say you have one.

Now, if you're through with the personal insults - NOBODY addressed you in the first place, post something about the topic OR get used to me ignoring you. I'm not interested in you and you are disrespecting yourself by throwing yourself at men, then getting your panties in a bunch when they turn you down.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
I cannot tolerate idiocy. If you can sell that swill, welcome to it.
LOL, you believe in magic with no evidence, you can't even provide a refutation other than say its stupid. Do you hate yourself? Because providing no argument is the epitome of idiocy

You project more than anyone on any board that I've ever been on. There is nobody on the face of God's green earth that is more insecure than you are - a true testament to the old saying that liberalism is a mental disorder.

If you can find a chance to screw with me, you're like a mangy dog with a bone - you can't let it go. If the worst POS scumbag on this planet was kicking me, you'd join in. Your are the one with an inflated ego; you presume that everything I say is directed at you - and I don't even know you except to the extent that your narcisstic bullshit would make a preacher cuss. You are dishonest, unethical, opportunistic, and you think you have a halo hanging over your head keeping that monopoly on human virtue you think you have intact.

Personally I'd bet dollars against doughnuts that you're a fat, ugly slob that has never been off her butt because you're always here, waiting for me to show up so you can troll me. You should take fifty bucks and go to the dog pound. You should buy yourself a dog. You should name it Life. That way you can say you have one.

Now, if you're through with the personal insults - NOBODY addressed you in the first place, post something about the topic OR get used to me ignoring you. I'm not interested in you and you are disrespecting yourself by throwing yourself at men, then getting your panties in a bunch when they turn you down.
Anyway, this just shows you are here for nothing but trolling. YOu are the one incapable of defending your position. You are the one projecting. You are the one trolling when all you can do to refute a claim is to personally attack. Pretty sure everybody knew that already