Atheism vs. Faith

Feb 2019
here and there
Those of faith and atheist both have the obstacles in terms of what they can prove or cannot prove. For the person of faith, they must show how suffering exists when there is a loving God, but an atheists has to pretty much prove why everything else exists.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
Those of faith and atheist both have the obstacles in terms of what they can prove or cannot prove. For the person of faith, they must show how suffering exists when there is a loving God, but an atheists has to pretty much prove why everything else exists.
Nope.

Atheism is about ONE thing, do you believe in a God. If you believe in a God then you are not an atheist...if you do not believe in a God then you are an atheist.

An atheist has nothing to prove since he is not claiming anything. I don't know how the universe started so I don't have to "prove why everything else exists"

The ONLY thing an atheist says, "I don't believe that there is sufficient evidence to believe in a God"...I don't have to PROVE anything.

Nov 2012
Michigan
An “atheist” believes he chooses what he believes while denying the eixtence of any agency that gives him/her the free personal choice of what to believe.

Apr 2014
redacted
Dude, neither can prove anything that isn't physical. There is absolutely ZERO proof of existence beyond the physical and what came before the BIG BANG. Argue all you like but it's all a matter of faith, be it atheist or theist.

Sorry, but you keep claiming to be so religious and pious but then you spread hate against LWers and Muslims. Your faith needs work. Sure you can whine "the flesh is weak", but that's a limp dick excuse. Real Christians don't hate much less spread hate which is why I do not accept you as being a Christian, a person who walks in the footsteps of Jesus.

....OTOH, maybe you have a different definition of Christian. Maybe you believe "good Christians" murder blacks and Muslims to protect "White Heritage". Is that it? Did I misunderstand your definition of Christianity?

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
An “atheist” believes he chooses what he believes while denying the eixtence of any agency that gives him/her the free personal choice of what to believe.
Offer convincing evidence that such an agency exists.

May 2018
none
As an atheist, I do not have to prove why everything exists. I don't know and don't claim to know. That's kind of part of the point.

Feb 2019
here and there
Dude, neither can prove anything that isn't physical. There is absolutely ZERO proof of existence beyond the physical and what came before the BIG BANG. Argue all you like but it's all a matter of faith, be it atheist or theist.

Sorry, but you keep claiming to be so religious and pious but then you spread hate against LWers and Muslims. Your faith needs work. Sure you can whine "the flesh is weak", but that's a limp dick excuse. Real Christians don't hate much less spread hate which is why I do not accept you as being a Christian, a person who walks in the footsteps of Jesus.

....OTOH, maybe you have a different definition of Christian. Maybe you believe "good Christians" murder blacks and Muslims to protect "White Heritage". Is that it? Did I misunderstand your definition of Christianity?
I have no idea what you are clamoring about. When did I ever condone killing people or claim to be a racist?

What I have said is that Mohammad was a detestable man. He converted with the sword, took female sex slaves, and married a child. It then stands to reason that Islamic countries seem to harbor the most terrorism in the world. Jesus reformed the OT but Mohammad seeks to drag us back to the days of open slavery and mistreatment of women.