Australian family finds $24G gold nugget on family walk with dog named Lucky: report

Oct 2010
Colorado
Dog-gone....

Australian family finds $24G gold nugget on family walk with dog named Lucky: report
An Australian family experienced a stroke of good fortune when they found a gold nugget — valued at tens of thousands of dollars — while they were walking their dog on Sunday.​
The family's father and two daughters, who asked to remain anonymous, were out with their dog, coincidentally named "Lucky," when they came across the pricey nugget.​
"I actually walked right past it but my daughter pretty much kicked it as she was walking," the father told the Bendigo Advertiser. "She then goes, 'Dad, is this gold?' I said, 'I think it might be.'"​
The father said they weighed the nugget at a nearby supermarket, as they couldn't find anywhere to properly weight it. The gold nugget weighed 20 ounces, or 1.25 pounds — a value the family claims could be worth upwards of $24,000 USD.​

More: Australian family finds $24G gold nugget on family walk with dog named Lucky: report