Barr THINKS Spying Occurred

Dec 2015
Arizona
The man who holds the highest office in the land--the Intelligence Community--the Attorney General of the United States "thinks" there was spying. Thinks. A major assertion by the AG of the US. With no evidence. He thinks.

CNN)Attorney General William Barr told lawmakers Wednesday that he will be looking into the "genesis" of the FBI's counterintelligence investigation that began in 2016 of potential ties between members of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government.
"I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal," Barr said, echoing some of the more inflammatory claims lobbed by the President for months, but declining to elaborate on his concerns.
The news will likely be viewed as a welcome development to the President, who has regularly called for an investigation and, as recently as last week, told reporters more should be done to examine the origins of the Russia probe.
These comments directly contradict what DOJ previously told us," tweeted House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, who authorized the subpoena for the Mueller report. "I've asked DOJ to brief us immediately."
Yet, according to a source familiar with his thinking, when Barr spoke of "spying" on the Trump campaign, he meant it in the "classic sense" of intelligence collection. He doesn't view term as "pejorative," the source said.

Bill Barr is supposed to represent the people of this country. He is supposed to believe in facts, evidence, proof but he THINKS......WTH?? Barr stutters and stammers when called on his statement.

There goes his credibility. A man who was highly regarded--going to be a professional??
Absolutely stunning and WHY? WHY would Barr make such an assertion?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/barr-doj-investiation-fbi-russia/index.html

Watch his statement: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...k-spying-did-occur-trump-campaign-sot-vpx.cnn

Nov 2018
Inner Space
The man who holds the highest office in the land--the Intelligence Community--the Attorney General of the United States "thinks" there was spying. Thinks. A major assertion by the AG of the US. With no evidence. He thinks.

CNN)Attorney General William Barr told lawmakers Wednesday that he will be looking into the "genesis" of the FBI's counterintelligence investigation that began in 2016 of potential ties between members of Donald Trump's presidential campaign and the Russian government.
"I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal," Barr said, echoing some of the more inflammatory claims lobbed by the President for months, but declining to elaborate on his concerns.
The news will likely be viewed as a welcome development to the President, who has regularly called for an investigation and, as recently as last week, told reporters more should be done to examine the origins of the Russia probe.
These comments directly contradict what DOJ previously told us," tweeted House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, who authorized the subpoena for the Mueller report. "I've asked DOJ to brief us immediately."
Yet, according to a source familiar with his thinking, when Barr spoke of "spying" on the Trump campaign, he meant it in the "classic sense" of intelligence collection. He doesn't view term as "pejorative," the source said.

Bill Barr is supposed to represent the people of this country. He is supposed to believe in facts, evidence, proof but he THINKS......WTH?? Barr stutters and stammers when called on his statement.

There goes his credibility. A man who was highly regarded--going to be a professional??
Absolutely stunning and WHY? WHY would Barr make such an assertion?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/10/politics/barr-doj-investiation-fbi-russia/index.html

Watch his statement: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...k-spying-did-occur-trump-campaign-sot-vpx.cnn
Given the strange behavior of the Trump campaign encouraging Russian hacking, I would be surprised if the FBI did not take some interest in the connections to Russia that might have existed.

Mar 2019
Texas
I remember in the past it was said by the fbi that incidental collection may have occurred. In other words if trump campaign was talking to people who were being investigated then conversations may have been captured.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Didn't the FBI already have a suspected agent under surveillance when that agent showed up at Trump tower during the campaign ?? Isn't that where ALL of this started ??

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Yer all blowin off in a dozen different directions.
The AG is in the DOJ. They aren't in the "intelligence community".

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
Exactly and what's the first thing that pops into my head? What does Trump have to do with this? Does he have something on Billy Barr? I've watched that video 3 times. Barr doesn't want to answer--pauses--thinks--considers?? Does this make sense?

he was VERY evasive and measured