Because there is hunger

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Raw vegetables and fruit are more expensive than processed foods? Somebody needs to find a new grocery store.

Where I shop, raw ingredients are virtually always cheaper than processed foods.
I would suggest you seriously do some comparisons in the prices you pay. I actually "shop" when I go to the store for better values. When you can buy a 15 oz. can of vegetables for 69, or 79 cents do not try to tell me that is more expensive then a pound of carrots at 90 cents, or a pound of fresh beans at $1.29, etc.. And then you have to consider the energy used to cook those "fresh vegetable", or to trim them.

Somebody needs to face reality.

Aug 2019
USA
I would suggest you seriously do some comparisons in the prices you pay. I actually "shop" when I go to the store for better values. When you can buy a 15 oz. can of vegetables for 69, or 79 cents do not try to tell me that is more expensive then a pound of carrots at 90 cents, or a pound of fresh beans at $1.29, etc.. And then you have to consider the energy used to cook those "fresh vegetable", or to trim them.

Somebody needs to face reality.
If someone is too lazy to their prepare food, maybe they need to go hungry.
Canned vegetables are often a good buy, especially store brands. End of story.
Hungry shoppers on a limited budget and many mouths will not buy anything from the freezer, or in a cardboard box - too expensive.
Tell me what protein rich food is cheaper when processed and packaged.
You can make bread cheaper than store bought - even the day old from the outlet.
I have lived for months with all food from the scratch and dent store. I know what is cheap, and what is not. Packaged and processed foods are not cheaper than raw ingredients. Certainly there are exceptions.

Dec 2018
New England
Only if you want an honest, and truthful, view point on eating at McDonalds. If not, then forget it.
So it's your take that if I don't look at the McD's dollar menu I'm being dishonest in saying hunger is not a significant problem in the US?

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
So it's your take that if I don't look at the McD's dollar menu I'm being dishonest in saying hunger is not a significant problem in the US?
ahh, the usual irrational tactic of the right wing low IQ "debater", distraction. Never mind that the discussion was about McDonalds, lets now try to deflect, and speak of hunger.

Of course, that is being dishonest. And it doesn't matter to the likes of you.

Dec 2018
New England
ahh, the usual irrational tactic of the right wing low IQ "debater", distraction. Never mind that the discussion was about McDonalds, lets now try to deflect, and speak of hunger.

Of course, that is being dishonest. And it doesn't matter to the likes of you.
Um, the entire thread is about Hunger, not McD's. Do try to keep up.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Um, the entire thread is about Hunger, not McD's. Do try to keep up.
When you are so far behind how could you know what is being talked about. You're so dense you don't even understand that your question was about McDonalds.

But hey, a lie is as good for you as the truth any day.