Because there is hunger

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
If someone is too lazy to their prepare food, maybe they need to go hungry.
Canned vegetables are often a good buy, especially store brands. End of story.
Hungry shoppers on a limited budget and many mouths will not buy anything from the freezer, or in a cardboard box - too expensive.
Tell me what protein rich food is cheaper when processed and packaged.
You can make bread cheaper than store bought - even the day old from the outlet.
I have lived for months with all food from the scratch and dent store. I know what is cheap, and what is not. Packaged and processed foods are not cheaper than raw ingredients. Certainly there are exceptions.
My g/f used to work for one of those "scratch and dent" stores, and if you buy there most of the time the item will be out of date, and there is never any fresh food. And since I have two very efficient, and good, bread machines I would question if you can make home made bread cheaper.

As to which foods are more nutritious when canned, many of your foods, like Tomatoes, corn, and beans, release the majority of their nutrition under heat which occurs in the canning process Fact or Fiction: Raw Veggies are Healthier than Cooked Ones

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
Um, the entire thread is about Hunger, not McD's. Do try to keep up.
Do you really want to go there? Are you that dense that you think everyone else is a liar like you, and too stupid to see what you are doing?

Your question to which I replied was not about hunger. It was about McDonalds menu.

Do try honesty for a change. It will do your heart good.

Dec 2018
New England
When you are so far behind how could you know what is being talked about. You're so dense you don't even understand that your question was about McDonalds.

But hey, a lie is as good for you as the truth any day.
You sound like a jabbering fool, I'm the one who brought up McDonalds as a side point. Give it up.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
You sound like a jabbering fool, I'm the one who brought up McDonalds as a side point. Give it up.
And you are still a lying ass who can''t give it up:

NatMorton said:

A quick check online shows a typical price for a McDonald's Quarter Pounder is $5.79. Their Southwest Salad goes for $4.79.

Old Trapper said:

Have you ever looked at their dollar menu?

NatMorton said:

No. Do I have to?

Old Trapper said:

Only if you want an honest, and truthful, view point on eating at McDonalds. If not, then forget it.

Then you had to lie, and deflect, with the usual right wing crappola:

NatMorton said:

So it's your take that if I don't look at the McD's dollar menu I'm being dishonest in saying hunger is not a significant problem in the US?

ahh, the usual irrational tactic of the right wing low IQ "debater", distraction. Never mind that the discussion was about McDonalds, lets now try to deflect, and speak of hunger.

To which I replied:

Old Trapper

Of course, that is being dishonest. And it doesn't matter to the likes of you.

And all you have done is double down on your lies ever since.

Aug 2019
USA
My g/f used to work for one of those "scratch and dent" stores, and if you buy there most of the time the item will be out of date, and there is never any fresh food. [\quote]When you can only afford food for the next two weeks, spoilage not an issue.
My store had stuff from train and tractor trailer wrecks. Good dates, just dented.
Most of those dates are "sell by", and expected to be on your self at home for a few months.
Even the "use by" dates are about freshness, not a safety issue.
They also had ocassional produce and meat.

And since I have two very efficient, and good, bread machines I would question if you can make home made bread cheaper.[\quote] Beer is liquid beer, and you xan make your own beer much cheaper than any store bought beer.
Flour, salt, sugar, oil, yeast. My mother-in-law made bread once a week for the family of seven. Even when bread was 25¢ a loaf, homemade was cheaper.

As to which foods are more nutritious when canned, many of your foods, like Tomatoes, corn, and beans, release the majority of their nutrition under heat which occurs in the canning process Fact or Fiction: Raw Veggies are Healthier than Cooked Ones
What I see is you not countering any of my points.

it is all about convenience. When you are eating on someone else's dime, inconvenience is to be expected.

a sack of potatoes is cheap, and goes a long way. You don't see a sack of potatoes in a food stamp cart. It happens, not often.

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
[QUOTE="BeHereNow, post: 1373016, member: 8913"
Old Trapper said:
My g/f used to work for one of those "scratch and dent" stores, and if you buy there most of the time the item will be out of date, and there is never any fresh food. [\quote]

When you can only afford food for the next two weeks, spoilage not an issue.
My store had stuff from train and tractor trailer wrecks. Good dates, just dented.
Most of those dates are "sell by", and expected to be on your self at home for a few months.
Even the "use by" dates are about freshness, not a safety issue.
They also had ocassional produce and meat.
Spoilage is an issue if the cans are too far out of date. No form of preservation lasts an eternity.

Beer is liquid beer, and you xan make your own beer much cheaper than any store bought beer.
Flour, salt, sugar, oil, yeast. My mother-in-law made bread once a week for the family of seven. Even when bread was 25¢ a loaf, homemade was cheaper.
Evidently you do not care about quality of the beer you drink.

As to the bread, once again it has to do with ones taste, and how cheap one can buy the ingredients for.

What I see is you not countering any of my points.
Common mistake people make who cannot comprehend the written word, or just don't care.

it is all about convenience. When you are eating on someone else's dime, inconvenience is to be expected.

a sack of potatoes is cheap, and goes a long way. You don't see a sack of potatoes in a food stamp cart. It happens, not often.
Maybe you need to talk to the owner of "your store". Sounds like he doesn't sell potatoes.

Aug 2019
USA
Evidently you never had good home brew.

Poor people do not get to be choosy. Many Welfare people do not get that. Ever hear a welfare recipient say "Just because I am poor doesn't mean I have to live like I am poor.". I have. It wasn't a youtube video, although there are many, and they were not talking to me, but I did overhear it, clear as a bell.
People who choose to not work, choose to be on welfare, do not want to eat government cheese, or buy generic food, or eat what is on sale, just because it is on sale. They want the same things self sufficient families have - at someone else's expense.