Being Gay Isn’t Just About Sex… Or Just About Being Gay

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
You know Tris, the topic of this article could be expanded to sex in general.

Sex isn't the be-all/end-all of human existence.

Reactions: 1 person

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
I really think that to the fundie menace, all sex is evil and gay sex is an order of magnitude more so.

So like little kids that are told they can't have something, they become obsessed with sex and like many people start thinking that since they are that way, everyone is that way.

And for a gay person to not be obsessed with sex - unpossible.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I really think that to the fundie menace, all sex is evil and gay sex is an order of magnitude more so.

So like little kids that are told they can't have something, they become obsessed with sex and like many people start thinking that since they are that way, everyone is that way.

And for a gay person to not be obsessed with sex - unpossible.
Leaders of the fundamentalist movement tend to be male and men think about sex a lot. Fundamentalists think that if the male half of a couple obsesses about sex then a couple of two men must be absolutely consumed by it!

Feb 2018
ohio
Read the article, nothing in it about anything zilch, zero, nada, about religion or fundamentalist, yet two posts about the menace:lol: So why the posts about it are the two people closeted and defending Freudian style?:lol:

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Sorta. Sometimes.

Until we can advance as a society to where procreation is only a conscientious act and sex is completely removed from the equation sex will be necessary for the survival of the species. Unfortunately we are a far way from this as we are stuck in this emotional connection to other humans, ensuring that inferior genes are not only being passed on but are superseding those that are obviously superior. This is the catch 22 of being tied to emotions.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Until we can advance as a society to where procreation is only a conscientious act and sex is completely removed from the equation sex will be necessary for the survival of the species. Unfortunately we are a far way from this as we are stuck in this emotional connection to other humans, ensuring that inferior genes are not only being passed on but are superseding those that are obviously superior. This is the catch 22 of being tied to emotions.
So, you're a Vulcan.... B) Not me.

Emotions .... driven by sex hormones. Those are the culprits.

I've lived where I live now for almost 40 years. I've watched the hormonal swing from the 20s to the 60s in a lot of people. I've watched people go from being fried on estrogen and testosterone, people not much fun to be around, mellow out and become really pleasant to be around.

And yes, estrogen. Testosterone gets all the attention, and it's easy to spot a guy frying on testosterone. But, I've watched women who truly were the female equivalent of Mr. Macho transform into real sweet hearts as their estrogen levels diminished.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
So, you're a Vulcan.... B) Not me.

Emotions .... driven by sex hormones. Those are the culprits.

I've lived where I live now for almost 40 years. I've watched the hormonal swing from the 20s to the 60s in a lot of people. I've watched people go from being fried on estrogen and testosterone, people not much fun to be around, mellow out and become really pleasant to be around.

And yes, estrogen. Testosterone gets all the attention, and it's easy to spot a guy frying on testosterone. But, I've watched women who truly were the female equivalent of Mr. Macho transform into real sweet hearts as their estrogen levels diminished.
your last paragraph was totally unnecessary.........