Bernie Is Running

Dec 2015
Arizona
Bernie Sanders announces he's in the 2020 race and "we're gonna win". Do the Democrats want Bernie OR his ideas?

From NPR:
Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is giving it another go, launching a second campaign for the White House four years after surprising Democrats with a strong bid for the party's 2016 nomination.

"We began the political revolution in the 2016 campaign, and now it's time to move that revolution forward," the independent senator told Vermont Public Radio in an interview airing Tuesday morning.

But this 2020 bid will undoubtedly be a very different presidential campaign than his quest for the Democratic nomination as an underdog in 2016. Sanders enters the race as a top contender who, along with former Vice President Joe Biden, tops most early polls, far outpacing other Democratic candidates in support and name identification.

Will Biden be next?

Bernie Sanders Launches 2020 Presidential Campaign, No Longer An Underdog

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
Big ideas. Populist message just like Trump (the system is to blame, the people have been forgotten, the people must fight).

The plan and execution for those ideas are... being worked on.

I don't hate Bernie, but I'd like to see more information about how he'd implement his plans.

Nov 2012
nirvana
Bernie Sanders announces he's in the 2020 race and "we're gonna win". Do the Democrats want Bernie OR his ideas?

From NPR:
Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont is giving it another go, launching a second campaign for the White House four years after surprising Democrats with a strong bid for the party's 2016 nomination.

"We began the political revolution in the 2016 campaign, and now it's time to move that revolution forward," the independent senator told Vermont Public Radio in an interview airing Tuesday morning.

But this 2020 bid will undoubtedly be a very different presidential campaign than his quest for the Democratic nomination as an underdog in 2016. Sanders enters the race as a top contender who, along with former Vice President Joe Biden, tops most early polls, far outpacing other Democratic candidates in support and name identification.

Will Biden be next?

Bernie Sanders Launches 2020 Presidential Campaign, No Longer An Underdog
Bernie’s platform is unassailable. It’s his ideas once considered radical that are now part of the daily discussion. Good for him. Its because of Bernie that an AOC is possible.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
That's an odd criticism. Would you appreciate if I said "ugh, another know-it-all black woman..." when Kamala Harris announced?
wtf are you talking about?

do we have a long history of "know-it-all Black women" sitting in elected office in this country at the highest levels?

whatever..... :rolleyes:

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
wtf are you talking about?

do we have a long history of "know-it-all Black women" sitting in elected office in this country at the highest levels?

whatever..... :rolleyes:
I’m still not understanding you position. It seems like your trying to say that you haven’t liked old white male politicians throughout history, so you don’t want this old white male to win. Is that correct?

Apr 2013
Left coast
As I said about Sanders and his ideas in the run-up to 2016, and the same applies to AOC and the GND:

Pretty well all the ideas are worthy goals. But the details need to be defined. The priorities, sequence and timing have to be defined.

And the biggie, source of monies needs to be defined.

If all of Sanders', AOC's and the GND's goals were implemented essentially instantly, the country would crater.