Best Memes Ever

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
hmmmm. I don't really get it. Aren't ALL Russians white? I don't think they have any black or brown native-born Russians.

But, I appreciate the intent. :lol:

Apr 2013
Left coast
hmmmm. I don't really get it. Aren't ALL Russians white? I don't think they have any black or brown native-born Russians.

But, I appreciate the intent. :lol:
Growing up a Ukrainian in a town dominated by Englishmen, I assure you many did not consider slavs as being white.

In fact the term originated as a label for what was a loose confederation of anti-communist forces that fought the Communist Bolsheviks, also known as the Reds, in the Russian Civil War (1917–1922/1923). There were the White Russians and the dirty pinko commie bastard Red Russians.

(Plagiarized in part from Wikipedia.)

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
yes, but the Reds weren't a RACE were they?! Like Native Americans? They were geographical/political label.

But, I didn't know that Slavs weren't white.
I'd be a really bad racist. LOL

Apr 2013
Left coast
yes, but the Reds weren't a RACE were they?! Like Native Americans? They were geographical/political label.

But, I didn't know that Slavs weren't white.
I'd be a really bad racist. LOL
You are all right, just I found the genesis of White Russian interesting. Those opposed to the Reds.

And when the family changed its name and we no longer had a big "Ukrainian" label on us, people who hadn't known us before allowed us to pass.:lol::lol:

This was cultural and not racial bigotry.

They told the same types of jokes about us that ignorant assholes tell about AOC.