Biden is handling this all wrong

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
He should just say, "this is horse shit. I did nothing wrong."

WTF is wrong with the Dem making simple acts of warmth into an issue when we have a rapist and pussy grabber in tech white house?

I am about convinced, the DEm are too fucked up to win an election vs Trump.

How sad is that?

Dec 2018
Wisconsin

WTF is wrong with the Dem making simple acts of warmth into an issue when we have a rapist and pussy grabber in tech white house?

How sad is that?
Do I think he's handling this wrong? 1000%
Do I think he should reply the way you put it? No

Here's what I think, in a nut shell, he should say:

"For decades, men have behaved in a way that has made women uncomfortable. Women remained silent for years while their male coworkers gave them an unwanted shoulder massage. And unfortunately, many men didn't even realize their behavior made women uncomfortable. But times have changed and women are speaking out, AS THEY SHOULD. Women are taking control of their own body and what they do with it, AS THEY SHOULD. It's now time for men to catch up, but it will take time.

I have been and always will be an overly affectionate person. This is not a secret. I kiss my loved ones and I hug my friends. But I, like so many, underestimated how my actions made people uncomfortable. I am not guilty off assault, just ask all the women who have come forward. I am not guilty of committing a crime, just ask all the women who have come forward. But am I guilty of making physical contact with women and making them uncomfortable? Yes. Yes I am. And for that, I am sincerely sorry. I never intended to make people uncomfortable, but I did and I'm responsible for my actions. I will do better."

This does three things:
- Yes, he fucked up
- Yes, he should apologize for making people uncomfortable
- Yes, it highlights that this is not the same fucking thing as a Harvey Weinstein or a Bill Cosby

Dec 2015
Arizona

How sad is that?
What is Biden supposed to say?? His response isn't WRONG---it's generational. This issue---?? It's confusing and not just to Biden. It's confusing to ME and to other women. I'm not part of Gen X or Millennials so I really don't understand some of this.
There's a very clear line between assault/breaking the law and common decency. There's a very clear line between harassment and common work-place practice. There's a very clear line between shaking hands and kissing on the lips, but there's a very blurry line between hugging, hands-on shoulders, top of the head smooch and sexual inappropriateness. Doesn't anyone see that?
Touching shoulders and touching breasts are NOT THE SAME. Touching arms and touching crotches is NOT THE same thing. Personal space? Well...okay---I buy that so how much? AND when? In a grocery store? In the kitchen?
On a crowded stage? 2 feet? 4? 6?

This is complicated and there's no right answer. I can tell you right now that no matter WHAT Joe says it's not going to please every woman. This is a reminder. So let us be reminded that we NEED to be more cautious and thoughtful.

Jul 2018
This is complicated and there's no right answer. I can tell you right now that no matter WHAT Joe says it's not going to please every woman. This is a reminder. So let us be reminded that we NEED to be more cautious and thoughtful.
he got in trouble for being thoughtful

it's not complicated, it's impossible

generally speaking i agree with your post.

theses non issues are killing the dems

i saw a women on msnbc condemning joe

meantime, every time i go to a sales meeting the men embrace each other in a handshake/ chest bump and men interact with women with a hug.

trust me, this did not happen in to 70s and 80s. things were more formal back then

any guy is open to ridicule from any women in 2019 is the truth

Jul 2018
Do I think he's handling this wrong? 1000%
Do I think he should reply the way you put it? No

Here's what I think, in a nut shell, he should say:

"For decades, men have behaved in a way that has made women uncomfortable. Women remained silent for years while their male coworkers gave them an unwanted shoulder massage. And unfortunately, many men didn't even realize their behavior made women uncomfortable. But times have changed and women are speaking out, AS THEY SHOULD. Women are taking control of their own body and what they do with it, AS THEY SHOULD. It's now time for men to catch up, but it will take time.

I have been and always will be an overly affectionate person. This is not a secret. I kiss my loved ones and I hug my friends. But I, like so many, underestimated how my actions made people uncomfortable. I am not guilty off assault, just ask all the women who have come forward. I am not guilty of committing a crime, just ask all the women who have come forward. But am I guilty of making physical contact with women and making them uncomfortable? Yes. Yes I am. And for that, I am sincerely sorry. I never intended to make people uncomfortable, but I did and I'm responsible for my actions. I will do better."

This does three things:
- Yes, he fucked up
- Yes, he should apologize for making people uncomfortable
- Yes, it highlights that this is not the same fucking thing as a Harvey Weinstein or a Bill Cosby

another Democrat intent on getting Trump reelect :(

and for the record you are claiming this is the same as Weinstein or Crosby and he DID NOTHING WRONG at all, in any crazy universe but left wing loonie land

Mar 2019
Texas
He is a creepy guy as far as the affection toward women goes. There are very many men that would lay him out if he done that to their loved ones.

Feb 2019
here and there

How sad is that?
Sounds like a Trump wanna be. It's like I've always said, be proud of who you are and let the chips fall where they may.

But alas, it's too late for all that. First he apologized and now he is cracking jokes about it.

The gaffe machine never fails to disappoint.

Jul 2018

It is perceived as the same thing.

It's like putting carrots and celery in the same pot and saying it's not soup, it's carrots and celery.

Technically you are correct but folks just see it in the same pot, one big pot of soup.