Big tech going after gab...again

Nov 2005
California
The payment processors are center point of the issue.
That is your focus for this moment in time. That is understood.
Can you recognize I understand that and address what is being said instead of repeating yourself ad nausieum?

Costco or any business deciding not to use any form of payment is not the same thing as the payment as the processor telling me that i can no longer shop there.
How is that happening in this situation?
Cause my answer is that it's clearly not happening that way here. Not the way you describe.

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
That is your focus for this moment in time. That is understood.
Can you recognize I understand that and address what is being said instead of repeating yourself ad nausieum?

How is that happening in this situation?
Cause my answer is that it's clearly not happening that way here. Not the way you describe.

Paypal and stripe suspended their services for gab. These were ways that transactions were made. Then suddenly they decided that no, you cannot buy anything from gab anymore.

Do you know what stripe is? I am assuming that you are familiar w PayPal. They are key players in the economic ecosystem of the internet.

Nov 2005
California
Paypal and stripe suspended their services for gab. These were ways that transactions were made. Then suddenly they decided that no, you cannot buy anything from gab anymore.
Phrasing it like that is absurd.
Gab is no more impacted by this decision than any other company which does not have a contract / setup with Paypal.
This is no different than any store that has violated rules and had their service ended.
Your phrasing is histrionic propaganda. Paypal and Stripe have simply removed themselves from the business equation. They have not implemented any decision that prevents consumers from "buying anything from Gab". Consumers are free to use whatever method Gab can implement to facilitate payment.

By your hyperbolic propagandic thinking, when Costco switched from American Express to Visa, people could claim that American Express "decided that people cannot buy anything from Costco anymore".
It's a stupidly wrong phrasing.

Yet again, you are demanding that businesses have their rights removed or restricted based to favor Gab.
What I find amusing is you don't seem to comprehend this is nothing new. This isn't the first time that Paypal has ended a business relationship with a company.
But it's this company, Gab, which suddenly catches your eye and you suddenly start whining like something new has happened.
Why?

Do you know what stripe is? I am assuming that you are familiar w PayPal. They are key players in the economic ecosystem of the internet.
Them being key players is irrelevant.
Paypal has every right to make this decision to end a business relationship. It was the right decision based on Gab violating their rules.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Phrasing it like that is absurd.
Gab is no more impacted by this decision than any other company which does not have a contract / setup with Paypal.
This is no different than any store that has violated rules and had their service ended.
Your phrasing is histrionic propaganda. Paypal and Stripe have simply removed themselves from the business equation. They have not implemented any decision that prevents consumers from "buying anything from Gab".

Yet again, you are demanding that businesses have their rights removed or restricted based to favor Gab.
What I find amusing is you don't seem to comprehend this is nothing new. This isn't the first time that Paypal has ended a business relationship with a company.
But it's this company, Gab, which suddenly catches your eye and you suddenly start whining like something new has happened.
Why?

Them being key players is irrelevant.
Paypal has every right to make this decision. It was the right decision based on Gab violating their rules.
No. I am saying that when payment processors can decide what we can and cannot purchase online it is an issue. What's next the guy who sells swastika teeshirts?

20181105_195950.png

Nov 2005
California
The payment processors are center point of the issue.
Today they are, for you.
Tomorrow and yesterday, for you it was the fault of the leftists.
The day before that, you were proclaiming it was about monopolies.

That's the thing with hysterical conspiracy theories which are nonsense. You can't figure out who you want to blame.

Costco or any business deciding not to use any form of payment is not the same thing as the payment as the processor telling me that i can no longer shop there.
It's exactly the same.
The business involved simply utilizes a different service.

This is a big deal if we just suddenly accept that online payment processors can decide where and when we can buy goods and/or services.
Again, you have a problem with reading comprehension.
There is no "suddenly accept" about it.
This is not the first business that paypal has chosen to end a business relationship and it won't be the last.
But it involves Gab which caters to right-wing hate mongers, so they've got your attention and you pretend you've found a "suddenly" problem. :rolleyes:

Dec 2013
If it doesn't already violate their TOS, that's their decision to make.
Again, it's their right to choose who they want to do business with.
Well, as long as we can establish that you are ok w/ payment processors deciding what you can purchase on line i am satisfied.

Nov 2005
California
Well, as long as we can establish that you are ok w/ payment processors deciding what you can purchase on line i am satisfied.
Your propensity to hit rock bottom and insist on repeating your antics that got you there are consistent, if not perpetual...

Again, they are not doing what you claim.
What they are deciding is who they (the payment processors) do business with.

If they decided what you can purchase online, then you wouldn't be able to purchase that item if you were online.
Obviously that's not what is happening. What IS happening is that you can't use their specific business to complete the purchase transaction.
But the truth is not as sensational for you, so you refuse to describe it honestly...

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Your propensity to hit rock bottom and insist on repeating your antics that got you there are consistent, if not perpetual...

Again, they are not doing what you claim.
What they are deciding is who they (the payment processors) do business with.

If they decided what you can purchase online, then you wouldn't be able to purchase that item if you were online.
Obviously that's not what is happening. What IS happening is that you can't use their specific business to complete the purchase transaction.
But the truth is not as sensational for you, so you refuse to describe it honestly...

Um, stripe and PayPal have the majority of the market share of online transactions. Have you ever built or been involved in building an online store? Your options for taking payment are very limited especially if you want your customers to feel secure. PayPal as created a feeling of security in the internet and stripe is another plug in that that most stores use to give their customers an alternative to PayPal. If we just start to accept that these companies can decide to shut down business at a whim this is a very slippery slope.

As i said, whats next the guy who sells swastika t-shirts