Big tech going after gab...again

May 2018
Chicago
If it doesn't already violate their TOS, that's their decision to make.
Again, it's their right to choose who they want to do business with.
Not really. There are anti-discrimination laws. Don't confuse discrimination with violating terms of service, there's a HUGE difference. That's what our right wingers are trying to get you to do.

Nov 2005
California
Um, stripe and PayPal have the majority of the market share of online transactions. Have you ever built or been involved in building an online store? Your options for taking payment are very limited especially if you want your customers to feel secure. PayPal as created a feeling of security in the internet and stripe is another plug in that that most stores use to give their customers an alternative to PayPal.
You can't think past your propagandic statements, can you. Cause you incessantly repeat them despite the fact that they are repeatedly disproven.

It's funny that you say "majority". You're acknowledging other options exist. But you want to ignore those because their existence shows your summation as hysterical nonsense.
Refusing to do business with Gab does not doom Gab to not allowing people to perform online payment transactions with them. There are many alternatives.
https://www.x-cart.com/blog/payment-processing-companies.html

If we just start to accept that these companies can decide to shut down business at a whim this is a very slippery slope.
Again, you repeat yourself while refusing to acknowledge the reality.
This is not a "start to accept" situation. You need to stop using words like "start" because it's you who is demanding change from how we've treated business throughout its history.
The principles involved have always been this way. We have never demanded that a company like Visa, Paypal, or whatever can't choose to not do business with somebody (other than specific and narrow civil rights exceptions).

Nov 2005
California
Not really. There are anti-discrimination laws. Don't confuse discrimination with violating terms of service, there's a HUGE difference. That's what our right wingers are trying to get you to do.
It's understood.
But the thing is those anti-discrimination LAWS were passed by LEGISLATION. If the right wants to champion a non-discrimination law which protects racists a-holes, then I welcome them to take up that cause...

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
You can't think past your propagandic statements, can you. Cause you incessantly repeat them despite the fact that they are repeatedly disproven.

It's funny that you say "majority". You're acknowledging other options exist. But you want to ignore those because their existence shows your summation as hysterical nonsense.
Refusing to do business with Gab does not doom Gab to not allowing people to perform online payment transactions with them. There are many alternatives.

Again, you repeat yourself while refusing to acknowledge the reality.
This is not a "start to accept" situation. You need to stop using words like "start" because it's you who is demanding change from how we've treated business throughout its history.
The principles involved have always been this way. We have never demanded that a company like Visa, Paypal, or whatever can't choose to not do business with somebody (other than specific and narrow civil rights exceptions).

Can you provide an example of payment processor pulling its services from an existing business when it wasn't involved in criminal transactions?

Nov 2005
California
Can you provide an example of payment processor pulling its services from an existing business when it wasn't involved in criminal transactions?
It's obvious by the nature of your request that you fail to comprehend the points being made. Either that, or your intent is to waste time with meaningless requests.
Re-read what I said and try again...

Dec 2013
It's obvious by the nature of your request that you fail to comprehend the points being made. Either that, or your intent is to waste time with meaningless requests.

Nope. I got it. These processors were part of the business from the beginning, were pivotal in its inception, design and building. These payment processors are intricle part of online business for them to just pull out when a business is reaching an apex is something that is very dangerous IMO.

Nov 2005
California
Nope. I got it. These processors were part of the business from the beginning, were pivotal in its inception, design and building. These payment processors are intricle part of online business for them to just pull out when a business is reaching an apex is something that is very dangerous IMO.
First off, Nope, you didn't get anything.
You are just blindly repeating your previous statements and in no way justified why you made that request. In fact, I suspect you don't even bother to think about the history of the discussion, much less the content of the post you are replying to cause you just ignored justifying the request you made in your immediately preceding post.
I said that you are not comprehending the points being made, and you prove me right when you blindly repeat yourself, showing that you can't state the counter-points against you.

Second, you speak in such vague assessments and then cannot speak specifics about what you are asking for or condemning.
"dangerous" for whom exactly?
Startups start up and crumble all the time.
Startups try to establish business connections, some of which pan out and some of which crumble all the time.
You're trying to pretend that two companies ending business relations with Gab did something it didn't.
There are alternatives to the two specific companies you named. You claim these two companies have supposedly made it so nobody can purchase with Gab and that's a lie.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
First off, Nope, you didn't get anything.
You are just blindly repeating your previous statements and in no way justified why you made that request. In fact, I suspect you don't even bother to think about the history of the discussion, much less the content of the post you are replying to cause you just ignored justifying the request you made in your immediately preceding post.
I said that you are not comprehending the points being made, and you prove me right when you blindly repeat yourself, showing that you can't state the counter-points against you.

Second, you speak in such vague assessments and then cannot speak specifics about what you are asking for or condemning.
"dangerous" for whom exactly?
Startups start up and crumble all the time.
Startups try to establish business connections, some of which pan out and some of which crumble all the time.
You're trying to pretend that two companies ending business relations with Gab did something it didn't.
There are alternatives to the two specific companies you named. You claim these two companies have supposedly made it so nobody can purchase with Gab and that's a lie.

I keep repeating it because it does not seem that you are understanding the gravity of the situation. Those two companies are key to the economic infrastructure of the internet. I use start-up because they were there when they designed the business. The business model never changed.

Dangerous for who? Anyone involved in internet commerce

Nov 2005
California
I keep repeating it because it does not seem that you are understanding the gravity of the situation.
I've said it to you before. I expect I'll have to say it again.
When I don't share your opinion on something (in this case, your hysteria on "gravity of the situation"), that doesn't mean I don't understand what you are saying.
I repeatedly ask you for information which would be required to help validate your claims, but you habitually dodge questions.

Those two companies are key to the economic infrastructure of the internet. I use start-up because they were there when they designed the business. The business model never changed.
They are major players, but they are not the only players.
I already pointed out there are alternatives that can be used.
Predictably, you completely ignored this point.

Dangerous for who? Anyone involved in internet commerce
Again, your comments are hysterical and lacking in a foundation in reality.
What changed to institute this danger?
The truthful answer is not a damn thing on the part of Paypal or Stripe. They have policies against hate speech, harassment and discrimination.
The only thing that changed is that Gab popped up as a new magnet for racists and antisemites. Gab popped up, breaking the rules of Paypal / Stripe.

There is no "danger" to other companies that don't violate these rules.

On another level, do you ever stop to think, cohesively, about what you put out there?
A few posts ago you were asking for examples of where Paypal / Stripe had ended their business relation with other companies (not based on illegal action). It was an irrelevant request.
Now couple that with the fact that you say the current situation is dangerous for everyone.
Don't you appreciate that the fact that you felt you had to ask that question helps prove that others are not at risk???

Dec 2013
I've said it to you before. I expect I'll have to say it again.
When I don't share your opinion on something (in this case, your hysteria on "gravity of the situation"), that doesn't mean I don't understand what you are saying.
I repeatedly ask you for information which would be required to help validate your claims, but you habitually dodge questions.

They are major players, but they are not the only players.
I already pointed out there are alternatives that can be used.
Predictably, you completely ignored this point.

Again, your comments are hysterical and lacking in a foundation in reality.
What changed to institute this danger?
The truthful answer is not a damn thing on the part of Paypal or Stripe. They have policies against hate speech, harassment and discrimination.
The only thing that changed is that Gab popped up as a new magnet for racists and antisemites. Gab popped up, breaking the rules of Paypal / Stripe.

There is no "danger" to other companies that don't violate these rules.

On another level, do you ever stop to think, cohesively, about what you put out there?
A few posts ago you were asking for examples of where Paypal / Stripe had ended their business relation with other companies (not based on illegal action). It was an irrelevant request.
Now couple that with the fact that you say the current situation is dangerous for everyone.
Don't you appreciate that the fact that you felt you had to ask that question helps prove that others are not at risk???

Apply it mr potatos t-shirts, you build up your online business then one day the payment processors you have been using from day one, the ones you built your platform around, who have the majority of the market share decide they don't like your shirts even though they are the very same shirts from day one and shut off your ability to take payments.

You don't see the danger in this practice?

There is nothing comparable to PayPal on line.