Big tech going after gab...again

Nov 2005
California
Apply it mr potatos t-shirts, you build up your online business then one day the payment processors you have been using from day one, the ones you built your platform around, who have the majority of the market share decide they don't like your shirts even though they are the very same shirts from day one and shut off your ability to take payments.
"suddenly"?
You're assuming a lot there...

Do you have any knowledge you would like to share regarding Paypal and Gab's discussions on adherance to policy? How many warnings they might have been given?

Regardless, if we are to blindly run with your scenario, then the seller of mr potatos t-shirts is an idiot. You don't start doing important business with a group that have an explicit policy against the business practice you are centering yourself around.

You don't see the danger in this practice?
When did Paypal add the tenets of their policy that Gab violated?
The only "danger" is for companies which are openly defying those policies and wanting to do business with Paypal.

There is nothing comparable to PayPal on line.
IRRELEVANT
If I am running a business and Microsoft doesn't want partner with me, do I run around and whine and proclaim that they have just ensured that nobody can do business with me?
No.

You keep trying to pretend "Then suddenly they decided that no, you cannot buy anything from gab anymore." (post #92)
It's not that people cannot buy anything from Gab. It's that Gab has to use a competitor of Paypal that doesn't have rules on catering to racists and anti-semites.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
"suddenly"?
You're assuming a lot there...

Do you have any knowledge you would like to share regarding Paypal and Gab's discussions on adherance to policy? How many warnings they might have been given?

Regardless, if we are to blindly run with your scenario, then the seller of mr potatos t-shirts is an idiot. You don't start doing important business with a group that have an explicit policy against the business practice you are centering yourself around.

When did Paypal add the tenets of their policy that Gab violated?
The only "danger" is for companies which are openly defying those policies and wanting to do business with Paypal.

IRRELEVANT
If I am running a business and Microsoft doesn't want partner with me, do I run around and whine and proclaim that they have just ensured that nobody can do business with me?
No.

You keep trying to pretend "Then suddenly they decided that no, you cannot buy anything from gab anymore." (post #92)
It's not that people cannot buy anything from Gab. It's that Gab has to use a competitor of Paypal that doesn't have rules on catering to racists and anti-semites.
20181105_195950.png

"Reserves the right to terminate for any reason at any time"

The 'antisemitic or racist' is irrelevant. Under this premise it could just as easily be democrat or hiphop artist or any number nebulous terms. How about competitors? That would also fall into the vague terms of service. This is the slippery slope. And people are not only looking the other way but cheering it because they are under the impression that it falls w/in their political ideologies when in fact it is concentrating more and more power into the hands of a very few.

Nov 2005
California
The 'antisemitic or racist' is irrelevant.
Jesus dude. Your dishonesty knows no bounds.
That was not the reason they were kicked and you have been told enough times to the point you SHOULD know it. They were not kicked for that specific sentence.
They were kicked for "the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory ".
PayPal
That is in Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy.

Under this premise ...
Again:
1) It was NOT under that premise.
2) Ending contracts for business reasons is nothing new. That's the way our businesses typically work.
You just don't like how it affected your current rallying cry which revolves around Gab which caters to racists and anti-semites. A bizarre choice of items to start noticing how businesses operate.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Jesus dude. Your dishonesty knows no bounds.
That was not the reason they were kicked and you have been told enough times to the point you SHOULD know it. They were not kicked for that specific sentence.
They were kicked for "the promotion of hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory ".
PayPal
That is in Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy.

Again:
1) It was NOT under that premise.
2) Ending contracts for business reasons is nothing new. That's the way our businesses typically work.
You just don't like how it affected your current rallying cry which revolves around Gab which caters to racists and anti-semites. A bizarre choice of items to start noticing how businesses

That was the message sent to torba.

They were "terminated" for violation of the TOS and as everyone knows those are intentionally vague. You just over look what i say and go on, even though i addressed that.

The 'antisemitic or racist' is irrelevant. Under this premise it could just as easily be democrat or hiphop artist or any number nebulous terms. How about competitors?

This is what is important. Just because in this specific instance you happen to agree w/ the justification given you are ok w/ it happening. That is the problem i am trying to get thru to you. This should raise red flags to any thinking person.

Nov 2005
California
That was the message sent to torba.
They were "terminated" for violation of the TOS and as everyone knows those are intentionally vague. You just over look what i say and go on, even though i addressed that.
"PayPal has been closely monitoring Gab and was in the process of canceling the site’s account before the tragic events occurred," a PayPal rep wrote in an email.

"The company is diligent in performing reviews and taking account actions. When a site is allowing the perpetuation of hate, violence or discriminatory intolerance, we take immediate and decisive action."​
Gab, the racist-friendly social media platform, banned by PayPal

As for what they "sent to torba", that's got legal written all over it.
For example, I've heard lawyers advise that if you're going to cut one of your offspring out of the will, it's best not to give a reason why.
If it's written in the will, "You're cut out of the will because you've been awful to me", that opens up the potential for contesting the will with the cut off individual arguing why they weren't awful.

Here, the legal document states the simplest and most legally defensible position. Because it's our right to do so.
If they had stated "Because you violated the hate speech clause", then the lawyers could try to find leverage.

The 'antisemitic or racist' is irrelevant. Under this premise it could just as easily be democrat or hiphop artist or any number nebulous terms. How about competitors?
The actual reason is irrelevant because of hypothetical / imagined scenarios.
It is hilarious you actually think that.

The facts of the matter are important. They are not magically made unimportant just because you imagine other scenarios which never happened.

This is what is important. Just because in this specific instance you happen to agree w/ the justification given you are ok w/ it happening. That is the problem i am trying to get thru to you. This should raise red flags to any thinking person.
Again, you fail to appreciate the capability to cut business ties at any point for whatever reason is typically legally allowed.

Again, it's more telling that THIS IS THE CASE that you finally become aware of this situation and you contest it. When it comes to racists and anti-semites, these are the guys you think who Paypal should continue to work with because you can't fathom the fact that the situation of cutting business ties by choice is typically legal and allowed.