Big turnout!

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
I went out to vote, as usual, at 6am. The place was packed!

I have been voting in the same place for 15 years now, at the same time and it has NEVER been this busy.

Not even close to this busy.

WTF. This is not even a Presidential election.

My impressions, these are Trump voters. Folks motivated.

I did not see but one Hispanic and not a one person under 40 or black.

It' s early but that blue wave may be a wash out.

Reporting live from the first farm north of Manhattan,

No One Real

Apr 2013
Left coast
Twitter had three pics of lines for voting. In those, I saw plenty of young people and blacks. Hard to tell from the size of the picks about the number of Latinx (which apparently is the silly new non-gender specific PC term for what in MCP times was Latino).

But who knows if the posters had an agenda.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Millennials are SWAMPING the polls across the country! We just saw the ASU campus lines on the evening news and WOW---they are lined up for a block and have been waiting for hours. Other college campuses are seeing the same turnout.
"Arizona State University students formed a long line outside the Palo Verde West dorm near the pedestrian bridge across University Avenue in Tempe Tuesday.

By noon, the line was about an hour long, according to a poll worker.

Students didn’t seem to mind. They chatted with friends and scrolled on their phones as they waited. Volunteers at the polls passed out cups of water to those in line.
Alexandra Edelman, 20, a journalism student at ASU, joined the back of the line around 12:15. She said she was encouraged to see the line, and didn’t mind waiting.
Next to her was Danielle Brokaw, a senior at ASU. She said the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and Republican’s reactions to the migrant caravan headed to the U.S. upset her, and she was there to vote Democrat.

She also didn’t mind the wait.

Outside the polling place at Tempe History Museum, Andrea Diaz was offering drinks, snacks and cell phone chargers to people in line to vote.
About 100 people were in line when the poll opened at 6 a.m. and then was down to just a few people by 7:30 a.m. or so. It had grown long again by 9 a.m., stretching out to the parking lot, when the system went down for 15 minutes or so.

But it moved quickly once the glitch was fixed, and by 10 a.m., the line was down to maybe a dozen people. At noon, the line had grown again to about 70 people.

Diaz is the co-founder of “Tomorrow We Vote,” a new non-partisan group that encourages young people to vote. They set up at six voting centers on Tuesday.

Generation Z are an interesting mix, she said, often fiscally conservative but social liberal. They’re often not sure they fit in with either party.
Her group encourages young people to research the issues that matter to them and vote, regardless of party affiliation.

“This is an exciting time,” Diaz said. It is important that young people realize they have a voice in what happens next.

Hadassah Shaw, who’s 21 and an Arizona State University student, said the young people she knows voted, mostly by mail. “It’s very encouraging,” she said."

Glitches and long lines can't deter these young Arizona voters from their civic duty

I am so proud of our young people!

Dec 2013
Everything is going to be OK
I went out to vote, as usual, at 6am. The place was packed!

I have been voting in the same place for 15 years now, at the same time and it has NEVER been this busy.

Not even close to this busy.

WTF. This is not even a Presidential election.

My impressions, these are Trump voters. Folks motivated.

I did not see but one Hispanic and not a one person under 40 or black.

It' s early but that blue wave may be a wash out.

Reporting live from the first farm north of Manhattan,

No One Real
That's because the polls for democrats open tomorrow silly

Dec 2016
Canada
Millennials are SWAMPING the polls across the country! We just saw the ASU campus lines on the evening news and WOW---they are lined up for a block and have been waiting for hours. Other college campuses are seeing the same turnout.
"Arizona State University students formed a long line outside the Palo Verde West dorm near the pedestrian bridge across University Avenue in Tempe Tuesday.

By noon, the line was about an hour long, according to a poll worker.

Students didn’t seem to mind. They chatted with friends and scrolled on their phones as they waited. Volunteers at the polls passed out cups of water to those in line.
Alexandra Edelman, 20, a journalism student at ASU, joined the back of the line around 12:15. She said she was encouraged to see the line, and didn’t mind waiting.
Next to her was Danielle Brokaw, a senior at ASU. She said the confirmation hearings for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh and Republican’s reactions to the migrant caravan headed to the U.S. upset her, and she was there to vote Democrat.

She also didn’t mind the wait.

Outside the polling place at Tempe History Museum, Andrea Diaz was offering drinks, snacks and cell phone chargers to people in line to vote.
About 100 people were in line when the poll opened at 6 a.m. and then was down to just a few people by 7:30 a.m. or so. It had grown long again by 9 a.m., stretching out to the parking lot, when the system went down for 15 minutes or so.

But it moved quickly once the glitch was fixed, and by 10 a.m., the line was down to maybe a dozen people. At noon, the line had grown again to about 70 people.

Diaz is the co-founder of “Tomorrow We Vote,” a new non-partisan group that encourages young people to vote. They set up at six voting centers on Tuesday.

Generation Z are an interesting mix, she said, often fiscally conservative but social liberal. They’re often not sure they fit in with either party.
Her group encourages young people to research the issues that matter to them and vote, regardless of party affiliation.

“This is an exciting time,” Diaz said. It is important that young people realize they have a voice in what happens next.

Hadassah Shaw, who’s 21 and an Arizona State University student, said the young people she knows voted, mostly by mail. “It’s very encouraging,” she said."

Glitches and long lines can't deter these young Arizona voters from their civic duty

I am so proud of our young people!
Great! But doesn't it raise an inkling of suspicions that the long lines....which have been occurring across America during early voting days are happening tonight on a larger scale! AND in both cases, it's minority districts, lower income zones and college towns where there just doesn't seem to be enough functioning polling machines to get everyone through without having to wait three or more hours to vote!
From AP:
Long lines, technical issues as Georgians vote for governor
Gee, I wonder why there would be a problem with long lines and 'technical issues' making some...but certainly not all...voters wait in lines for over three hours if they want to cast their vote! Could it have something to do with Georgia being a state with a 32% African American population, along with a growing number of Latinos also? And, being a state still dominated by white Republicans, with a Secretary of State running for governor who has already been censured for fraudulent practices like cross-checking people of of voting lists by the thousands?

It looks like the same shit has been done in Florida, where up until Election Night, Andrew Gillum was leading the Governor's race by 6%. But that's not enough to win the poll that counts when...as CNN was telling me earlier tonight...for completely inexplicable reasons, returns were coming in extremely slowly in districts like Broward County and others which were voting heavily Democratic! It takes time to rig an election, and I just cannot take any more of Wolf, Jake and the other clowns at CNN, who in spite of their obvious loyalties to the Democratic Party can't say the word - FRAUD!

And why the fuck do you need machines for voting in the first place? And why would you allow machines that have no audit trail to check for any irregularities or malfeasance? As one expert on these machines said on an independent radio show on the weekend: "it's not the Russians who are rigging our voting machines, or even have the capacity to rig them! That's something being done by the companies that make and maintain these machines!

Up here, every election across Canada from local to federal levels all still use paper ballots for voters to fill out in private and after folding over= to place in the ballot box. That's all you need to for an honest, fair election! You don't need ridiculous computerized machines that are a waste of money and an open invitation for fraud!

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Twitter had three pics of lines for voting. In those, I saw plenty of young people and blacks. Hard to tell from the size of the picks about the number of Latinx (which apparently is the silly new non-gender specific PC term for what in MCP times was Latino).

But who knows if the posters had an agenda.
there is nothing wrong with taking the gender out of the term, and making it non-gendered. Latinx is perfectly fine.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Great! But doesn't it raise an inkling of suspicions that the long lines....which have been occurring across America during early voting days are happening tonight on a larger scale! AND in both cases, it's minority districts, lower income zones and college towns where there just doesn't seem to be enough functioning polling machines to get everyone through without having to wait three or more hours to vote!
From AP:
Long lines, technical issues as Georgians vote for governor
Gee, I wonder why there would be a problem with long lines and 'technical issues' making some...but certainly not all...voters wait in lines for over three hours if they want to cast their vote! Could it have something to do with Georgia being a state with a 32% African American population, along with a growing number of Latinos also? And, being a state still dominated by white Republicans, with a Secretary of State running for governor who has already been censured for fraudulent practices like cross-checking people of of voting lists by the thousands?

It looks like the same shit has been done in Florida, where up until Election Night, Andrew Gillum was leading the Governor's race by 6%. But that's not enough to win the poll that counts when...as CNN was telling me earlier tonight...for completely inexplicable reasons, returns were coming in extremely slowly in districts like Broward County and others which were voting heavily Democratic! It takes time to rig an election, and I just cannot take any more of Wolf, Jake and the other clowns at CNN, who in spite of their obvious loyalties to the Democratic Party can't say the word - FRAUD!

And why the fuck do you need machines for voting in the first place? And why would you allow machines that have no audit trail to check for any irregularities or malfeasance? As one expert on these machines said on an independent radio show on the weekend: "it's not the Russians who are rigging our voting machines, or even have the capacity to rig them! That's something being done by the companies that make and maintain these machines!

Up here, every election across Canada from local to federal levels all still use paper ballots for voters to fill out in private and after folding over= to place in the ballot box. That's all you need to for an honest, fair election! You don't need ridiculous computerized machines that are a waste of money and an open invitation for fraud!
I've railed against mail-in ballots for years.

This year, someone pointed out to me: The ballots provide a paper trail.

Now, I like mail-in ballots. :)