Biggest ICE raid in a decade.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Now lets ask, why are they there in the first place? Is this crackpot mayor whining because he's pro illegal immigration or is he just mad because they sent his constituents home?
Largest ICE raid in a decade nets 680 arrests in Mississippi food processing plants
Or maybe those plants having to probably shut down for some time to get restaffed will have a significant negative effect on the economies of the subject towns. If they can find staff at all now.

I am not in favor of allowing illegals to work, but sudden change is always bad. And this is sudden change.

Jul 2019
Georgia
that's why I was curious if they were chicken plants. I can't speak for any other food processing plants,

but nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to work at a chicken plant unless they have no other choice

they'd definitely have a hard time filling those positions

I'd imagine most meat processing would be similar

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Or maybe those plants having to probably shut down for some time to get restaffed will have a significant negative effect on the economies of the subject towns. If they can find staff at all now.

I am not in favor of allowing illegals to work, but sudden change is always bad. And this is sudden change.
The processing plants and the towns brought it upon themselves. We get lip service everyday from apologists that blame it on the employers and demanding punishment, so there you have it. A community cannot shield and hide illegals, even going as far as to declare sanctuary and refuse cooperation with Federal agencies and then cry about the impact when the the spaghetti hits the fan or the battering ram comes through the door.

Reactions: PMB

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
The processing plants and the towns brought it upon themselves. We get lip service everyday from apologists that blame it on the employers and demanding punishment, so there you have it. A community cannot shield and hide illegals, even going as far as to declare sanctuary and refuse cooperation with Federal agencies and then cry about the impact when the the spaghetti hits the fan or the battering ram comes through the door.
I'm not denying that, but my point is that this cure might be worse than the sickness. Maybe they could have arrested 100 total and let it be known that another raid would happen in a couple of months, that way give the plants a chance to readjust to the new reality. Whatever. But this sudden hit will hurt innocent people.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
were they chicken plants?
I worked in a chicken feed plant near Atlanta. Moses was a supervisor from Belize and I don't know if he was legal or illegal. Moses needed my blessing to get hired at the pie factory in Atlanta proper which I declined to give. Due to Moses I got fired from the chicken feed plant. Revenge is best served cold.

Aug 2019
Florida
I'm not denying that, but my point is that this cure might be worse than the sickness. Maybe they could have arrested 100 total and let it be known that another raid would happen in a couple of months, that way give the plants a chance to readjust to the new reality. Whatever. But this sudden hit will hurt innocent people.
And once again not the American's hiring illegals but the illegal immigrants who are in the wrong.

These people are just trying to make a better life for them and their families. They know Americans will hire them if they can get here. Like speeding on the highway your chances of getting caught are pretty slim.

Want them to quit coming. Get Americans to quit hiring them. Problem is everyone knows we need the labor so the government will continue to make it easy for Americans to hire them while continuing to use illegal immigration as a political football.

Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007