Biggest ICE raid in a decade.

Sep 2018
KC, MO
I see. Rich 'white' business owner are evil incarnate and should be thrown in prisons or gulags. :rolleyes: I am dismayed that there are people in this country who actually believe this abhorrent garbage. Wow.
And That Won't Happen
No Matter What They Promise
This type of thinking is the height of lunacy but is being pushed by the MSM and liberal politicians. .
There Will Be A Fine
And Nothing Else

Jul 2019
Georgia
And That's Something
Because Meat Processing
Used To Be Considered A Good Manly Job

back before it was mass produced?

I've lived in N Ga for 18 years and nobody has ever wanted to work at the chicken plants as long as I've been here

in South Georgia, you don't even want to drive by the chicken farms, they stink so bad

my friend who worked personnel at Pilgrims Pride said that they're "humane" in the fact that they have to kill the chickens before they process them, no "live processing" and it's some people's jobs to "hook" them, in turn killing them" and and then they're put on their hangars for processing

(something to that effect, I learned to half-pay attention because he complained about the chicken plant SO much)

Jun 2018
South Dakota
And That Won't Happen
No Matter What They Promise

There Will Be A Fine
And Nothing Else
Without laws that insure positive identification of illegals who've been caught and released and positive ID required with oversight the situation where employers can be actually convicted of illegally hiring illegals this will continue and employers will not be prosecuted criminally.

Reactions: karpenter
Sep 2018
KC, MO
se7en said:
I've lived in N Ga for 18 years and nobody has ever wanted to work at the chicken plants as long as I've been here
Re-Read The Post
It Was In Regard To Meat Packers

There Was Recently A Kerfuffle In Colorado
Where Somali Muslims Wanted More Prayer Time Lee-Way
-- Legal Immigrants, btw.....Hundreds Of Them
The Result:
Cargill pays $1.5M settlement for Muslim workers at Fort Morgan plant fired in prayer dispute
Plus The Teamsters Have To Pay An Additional $153,000
Because They Didn't Represent Their Dues Paying Members
And Teamsters Even Harassed Their Members For Their Religion And Race

That Part Of Colorado
Sucks Worse Than Anywhere In Kansas

Dec 2012
California
Or maybe those plants having to probably shut down for some time to get restaffed will have a significant negative effect on the economies of the subject towns. If they can find staff at all now.

I am not in favor of allowing illegals to work, but sudden change is always bad. And this is sudden change.
These raids have been done in the past with success. The employer is forced to pay a substantially hire wage resulting in legal citizens then applying for the jobs.

Dec 2012
California
But people like you never mention the fact that if Americans weren't hiring them they wouldn't even be here.

People like you despise those criminal immigrants and support those who hire them.
Where have you been? We are constantly arguing that the E-verify system should be made the law of the land.

Dec 2012
California
Here's what I'd like to see
- If your a convicted criminal, you're going back
- If you've been here for 6 months or less, you're going back
- If you've been here for more than 6 months and have not committed any crimes, you're put on a 12-month pathway to citizenship. If during that 12 month period you commit a crime, haven't secured a job or haven't secured a place of residency, you're going back.
- Expodite pathway to legal immigration.

If the right believes single-parent households have been a factor in the decline of american ideals, separating 600 or so kids from their parents cannot be seen as an ideal solution.
What is a ideal solution? Would that be, illegals not putting their children in that position in the first place? Or, are we to be ridiculed for not planning for such an onslaught of illegal aliens? If an immigrant cannot prove proof of citizenship, he, she, and the entire family should be deported.

Dec 2016
Canada
About this ICE raid! Just as I predicted back when white nationalists started celebrating:

ICE raids followed a massive sexual harassment settlement at Mississippi plants
The raids could discourage future complaints of worker abuse.

Wednesday’s raid by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), which led to nearly 700 workers being detained, targeted seven Koch Foods Inc. poultry plants in Morton, Mississippi. As it happens, last year, Koch Foods settled a $3.75 million lawsuit for racial discrimination, national origin discrimination, and sexual harassment against its Latinx workers in that very same Morton facility.​
According to the suit brought by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), supervisors, “touched and/or made sexually suggestive comments to female Hispanic employees, hit Hispanic employees, and charged many of them money for normal everyday work activities.” Many workers were reportedly either discharged or subjected to other forms of retaliation when they complained.​
As part of the settlement, Koch Foods not only paid out a massive sum to the victims, but also agreed to implement training for employees and set up a 24-hour hotline for reporting discrimination complaints in both English and Spanish. The settlement lasted three years, which means Koch Foods is still under supervision to continue efforts to reduce discrimination in its work place.​
As labor reporter Mike Elk notes at Payday Report, it may not be a coincidence that the Morton plant was raided. There have been at least two other plants, one in Salem, Ohio, and another in Morristown, Tennessee, where ICE raids have followed complaints of worker conditions. Last year, for example, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) fined Fresh Mark over $200,000 for three separate incidents in which proper safety guards were not in place in its Salem meatpacking plant. A week later, it was raided by ICE.​
Like I said to a certain moderator here last week: if the Government wanted to stop migrants and refugees from going to places like this hellhole in Mississippi looking for work, then why don't the owners get hammered with criminal charges NOT FINES, throw them in jail or prison, because many large employers in the US who want cheap ununionized workers they can abuse physicially and sexually without repercussion, send out flyers....even to Mexico, advertising for workers! Throw them in jail for violating these immigration laws and really come down hard on sexual exploitation......otherwise shut up about it and close ICE.​