Biggest ICE raid in a decade.

Dec 2016
Canada
Deflect nothing. Did I not say the processing plants and towns brought it upon themselves? Escalating fines for the employers, if that don't work, there should be a trigger mechanism for incarceration. If the town leadership and government want to avoid economic calamity due to raids and mass arrests, they better stay on top of it themselves instead of crying about it when it happens. It is not as if these raids were invented yesterday.
That is not the same thing as throwing the bastards in jail! You know as well as I do that these businesses, just like the Big AG operators are Republican voters and more important - major donors, with big influence in the GOP. Some of them over the years have been "moderates" on this issue, compared to zealous advocates for closing the southern border. These big money REpublicans have always liked lots of "illegal" immigrants to provide cheap labor and drive down wages and destroy union effectiveness for native workers.

Back when Dubya was president, the high rollers were in charge, regardless of all other immigration rhetoric. Now, in the age of Trump, big money republicans exploiting undocumented workers, are on the back foot. But I'm not seeing any signs that the border nazis are willing to go at them in force, because they still depend on their money and their business connections.

Nevertheless it serves as one more example of how capitalism has two justice systems: one for the rich, and one for everyone else!

Jul 2019
Georgia
Of course you are right. Using a Anne Frank quote in a comparison to ICE is in no way using a holocaust hyperbolic statement.
you're closer to being accurate with your revised statement here, but still not quite there.

oof I just wasted 20 seconds, said I wasn't gonna do that

Aug 2019
Earth
Now lets ask, why are they there in the first place? Is this crackpot mayor whining because he's pro illegal immigration or is he just mad because they sent his constituents home?
Largest ICE raid in a decade nets 680 arrests in Mississippi food processing plants
I heard on the news the other day that the roundup of illegals was the largest ever in one day. Which I don't believe. In around the mid 50's, Eisenhower had about 1.5 million illegals rounded up and sent back to where they came from. It was called "Operation Wetback." These days you can't even use the term "wetback." Even though it is history, I wonder if this forum will allow me to say it. Wetback, wetback, wetback, wetback, taco bender, wetback. I am tired of those criminals using their children as human shields. And apparently all those criminals have to do to protect themselves from the police is lock themselves inside their house. That wouldn't stop the police for any other sort of criminal. Like it or not, when it comes right down to it, it is either the children of Central American indians and mestizos or White children. I choose White children.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Talk to the hand, Seven. The GOP could care LESS about children, particularly little brown children.
I posted this statement at 8 am this morning. I'd just to point out that over 7 hours later NOT ONE SINGLE Trump supporter has posted something like.....
"we do care about children--all children including little brown children".
They don't even bother to deny it or lie about it.
The attitude is sickening.

Aug 2019
Earth
I posted this statement at 8 am this morning. I'd just to point out that over 7 hours later NOT ONE SINGLE Trump supporter has posted something like.....
"we do care about children--all children including little brown children".
They don't even bother to deny it or lie about it.
The attitude is sickening.
Are you hallucinating?! The republicans, democrats and their anti-White jewish masters love little brown children. As far as the mexican ones are concerned. Because their parents will work for less wages than a White person would expect. And drag White America down to the third world status of mexico. That is why when mexican families cross the border, many of them actually LOOK for the border patrol to turn themselves over to. And why mexican invader criminals can just lock themselves inside their house to be safe from the police. That wouldn't keep any other sort of criminal safe from the police. Etc. etc. etc. etc. By the way. It is YOUR attitude that is sickening. I am having trouble keeping from vomiting.

Sep 2017
Hell
That is not the same thing as throwing the bastards in jail! You know as well as I do that these businesses, just like the Big AG operators are Republican voters and more important - major donors, with big influence in the GOP. Some of them over the years have been "moderates" on this issue, compared to zealous advocates for closing the southern border. These big money REpublicans have always liked lots of "illegal" immigrants to provide cheap labor and drive down wages and destroy union effectiveness for native workers.

Back when Dubya was president, the high rollers were in charge, regardless of all other immigration rhetoric. Now, in the age of Trump, big money republicans exploiting undocumented workers, are on the back foot. But I'm not seeing any signs that the border nazis are willing to go at them in force, because they still depend on their money and their business connections.

Nevertheless it serves as one more example of how capitalism has two justice systems: one for the rich, and one for everyone else!
Nice rant and great way to misrepresent what I said.

I seem to recall people moaning on and on about he size of the US population, and yet you seem want to ignore reality and just rant.

The reality is that many Americans are guilty or hiring illegals at sometime or another and being intentionally or not, simply because there are just too damn many illegals. It is not that any Americans want to hire illegals, it is just that they are the ones that apply, turn in the low bid, or are the ones hanging out at the Home Depot offering help for home and gardening improvements for a monetary reword. An old lady hiring some illegal to do maid or gardening services, should not be affected and in way should verification be her responsibility. But a chicken processing plant caught with hundreds of illegals AFTER being fined previously for the same offense should be dealt with harshly with escalation. If you want to blame it capitalism, then you should also consider that capitalism will sort itself out with escalating monetary fines. Fines after one violation, the second fine should so heavy that profits are not possible so to be clear that it is not worth the risk to get caught again. The third violation should reach a point where insolvency would be only result - that gives the advantage to the straight shooters that DO WISH TO MAKE MONEY LONG TERM WITHOUT THE RISK. Anyone going for fourth try deserve to be in jail.

Apr 2013
La La Land North

I seem to recall people moaning on and on about he size of the US population, and yet you seem want to ignore reality and just rant.

The reality is that many Americans are guilty or hiring illegals at sometime or another and being intentionally or not, simply because there are just too damn many illegals. It is not that any Americans want to hire illegals, it is just that they are the ones that apply, turn in the low bid, or are the ones hanging out at the Home Depot offering help for home and gardening improvements for a monetary reword. An old lady hiring some illegal to do maid or gardening services, should not be affected and in way should verification be her responsibility. But a chicken processing plant caught with hundreds of illegals AFTER being fined previously for the same offense should be dealt with harshly with escalation. If you want to blame it capitalism, then you should also consider that capitalism will sort itself out with escalating monetary fines. Fines after one violation, the second fine should so heavy that profits are not possible so to be clear that it is not worth the risk to get caught again. The third violation should reach a point where insolvency would be only result - that gives the advantage to the straight shooters that DO WISH TO MAKE MONEY LONG TERM WITHOUT THE RISK. Anyone going for fourth try deserve to be in jail.
And what did they do to the plant owners? SFA.

The workers are arrested, the kids are abandoned, the owners celebrate. Big win.

Dec 2016
Canada

Aside from post #40 complaining about too many "illegals" in California and California schools, I'm not seeing it!
The reality is that many Americans are guilty or hiring illegals at sometime or another and being intentionally or not, simply because there are just too damn many illegals.
What kind of twisted and tortured logic is this?
How does "too many illegals" justify hiring undocumented workers below cost, and the big question: Why is the right letting the big rich offenders off the hook instead of throwing them into an Ice Detention camp?

It is not that any Americans want to hire illegals, it is just that they are the ones that apply, turn in the low bid, or are the ones hanging out at the Home Depot offering help for home and gardening improvements for a monetary reword.
You just gave away the game there! If they are the only ones applying, maybe the prospective employers know that regular citizens won't put up with being low-balled and offered dirt cheap wages

An old lady hiring some illegal to do maid or gardening services, should not be affected and in way should verification be her responsibility. But a chicken processing plant caught with hundreds of illegals AFTER being fined previously for the same offense should be dealt with harshly with escalation. If you want to blame it on capitalism, then you should also consider that capitalism will sort itself out with escalating monetary fines. Fines after one violation, the second fine should so heavy that profits are not possible so to be clear that it is not worth the risk to get caught again. The third violation should reach a point where insolvency would be only result - that gives the advantage to the straight shooters that DO WISH TO MAKE MONEY LONG TERM WITHOUT THE RISK. Anyone going for fourth try deserve to be in jail. .
Okay, this is laughable! The chicken plant is the big draw attracting "Illegal" workers. Without the employer, ILLEGALZ won't be there!
Yet, all you prescribe is give the business a fine, and keep raising the fines until it's assumed that the costs will outweigh the profits.

Now, how does this stack up against ICE grabbing hundreds of people working in this hell-hole, many of them with children at home being thrown into whatever concentration camp some ICE contractor builds? Instead, all Boss Hogg gets is a fine! FWIW I don't buy this horseshit about corporate citizens. People run these corporations! Owners and administrators make the hiring decisions, yet they face no criminal charges?

Last edited: