'Black America in Crisis': Report Shows Troubling Racial Disparities Across US

Jun 2014
United States
That is because Liberals have put the worst schools in neighborhoods that have majority african american populations.

in fact. Rhambo is closing down 50 Schools in Chicago...

Isn't the liberal plantation wonderful.
It's long been known that Southern Baptist are members of the white supremacist groups, making them a UNChristian political cult. This attitude of yours confirms that.

Evangelicals and White Supremacy | GOPLifer

There is still today a Southern Baptist Church. More than a century and a half after the Civil War, decades after the Methodists and Presbyterians reunited with their Yankee neighbors, America’s largest Protestant denomination remains defined, right down to the name over the door, by an 1845 split over slavery.

Southern states have never supported multi-party politics. From their founding, their white majorities have channeled virtually all “legitimate” political expression through a single, racially-aligned party. Over the past fifty years as the overt defense of white supremacy has become politically problematic, maintaining that monolithic political control has been a greater challenge. Religion has played a critical role in allowing white communities in the South to continue to wage a “culture war” that was lost under a different banner.

In 1956 there may have been no more influential figure in the Southern Baptist Convention than W.A. Criswell, the pastor of the enormous First Baptist Church in Dallas. The Supreme Court had recently struck down racial segregation in schools in the Brown v. Board of Education case. A conflict was building between the Eisenhower Administration and the Governor of Arkansas over a plan to desegregate Little Rock’s public schools. Dr. Martin Luther King was organizing bus boycotts in Montgomery. It was not certain where Baptist congregations would line up on the emerging movement for racial justice. Criswell took the opportunity to clarify the matter.

At a convention in South Carolina Criswell turned his popular fire and brimstone style on the “blasphemous and unbiblical” agitators who threatened the Southern way of life. Southern Baptists were not alone in defending segregation, at least not in the early years of the Civil Rights Movement. What made the Baptists unique in their long, stubborn defense of white supremacy was the relative independence from any centralized authority and the absence of any accountability to congregations and officials outside the South.

Baptists felt no such pressure and the independence of their congregations left them functioning very much like the entrepreneurial “evangelical” churches that dotted the southern landscape. These unaffiliated institutions, relics of the days when settlement, civilization, and accountability were very limited in the South, were the main competitors to the Baptists for attendance and money.

Instead of feeling pressure from Northern coreligionists concerned about the violence of Jim Crow, Baptist ministers and congregations mostly felt squeezed by competition from ever more radical institutions that popped up like hot dog stands whenever someone felt the “spirit” move them. Southern Baptists had nothing to gain and everything to lose from taking a courageous stand for justice. With very few exceptions, they didn’t. Those few congregations that did, like University Baptist Church in Austin, faced enormous difficulty and wielded no influence in the wider denomination, barely clinging to their place in the communion.

Criswell’s 1956 speech in South Carolina contained all the usual racist invective, but there is an element of his argument that was eerily prescient. He described an approach to preserving white supremacy which would outlast Jim Crow. In language that managed to avoid explicit racism, he built the primary political weapon of the culture wars.
Your racism is ingrained in you. But you must learn; you are the minority in this nation. You are the exception, not the exceptional.

Dec 2012
California
It's long been known that Southern Baptist are members of the white supremacist groups, making them a UNChristian political cult. This attitude of yours confirms that.

Evangelicals and White Supremacy | GOPLifer

Your racism is ingrained in you. But you must learn; you are the minority in this nation. You are the exception, not the exceptional.
Does the Trinity United Church of Christ ring a bell? Ya. Westboro and Trinity. Book ends of racism. Neither should be held up as examples of Christianity. But, if the extreme suits the Liberal cause, they have no compunction to use it.

pensacola niceman

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Pensacola, FL
You'll have to provide facts and a link on this statement. I would find that this is a false and racist statement.

Literacy study: 1 in 7 U.S. adults are unable to read this story - USATODAY.com

I think illiteracy is rising all over. Or did as of 2009.

So, this baiting question needed you to now provide your stats. And when you do, then provide the answer to your question.
Unfortunately, it is not a false statement. Also, unfortunately, bringing it up brands you as a racist.

Jun 2014
United States
Unfortunately, it is not a false statement. Also, unfortunately, bringing it up brands you as a racist.
No, dealing with racism and what causes it is reality. A racist is someone who says they deserve to not have an education. But pointing out racist policies which keep them struggling for the American dream is just reality checks.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Wow.....you have NO concept of history in this nation. I get it that you don't know the bills and resolutions democrats have tried to pass with regard to affordable housing and public education because you don't even know what the republcians HAVE done. But your tin foil wild-eyed paranoia is truly depicting a sad life of fear and hatred. I pity you fools on the right. You have NO idea what your country is or has been.
Yes I do, the nation started public schools (government) to TEACH CHRISTIANITY.

Yes I do.. and you forget Democrats created the War On Poverty, with the Great Society.. Heck THE WAR ON DRUGS WAS MORE OF A SUCCESS.

Yes I do.. Democrats when running congress, borrowed 14,200 billion of our total national debt. and shared the responsibility of borrowing 3,200 billion of our national debt when they shared control in divided congresses.

we are spending 600-700 billion dollars... SERVICING OUR DEBT.

If we did not have the debt, where would 600 billion be spent, Schools, Military, Veterans Benefits, Education, Tax relief for EVERYONE.

That money to pay that debt goes to fund, China's economy Japan's economy, Germany's economy international and domestic banks.. .

Dec 2012
California
You'll have to provide facts and a link on this statement. I would find that this is a false and racist statement.

So, this baiting question needed you to now provide your stats. And when you do, then provide the answer to your question.
What?! With the $Billions that are thrown education annually, there's illiteracy? How can that be??

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Yes, we cannot let black children choose to go to a school out of their district or to a private school, they may educate themselves and become Conservatives.

Racism is alive and well in the liberal ideology.

Jun 2013
Katmandu

The data shows that blue states have 2 or 3 times % of population that is illiterate, explains why blue states vote the way they do.

"By contrast, in several large states — California, New York, Florida and Nevada, for instance — the number of adults with low skills rose. "

http://nces.ed.gov/NAAL/PDF/2006470.PDF

State and County Literacy Estimates - Compare

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
The data shows that blue states have 2 or 3 times % of population that is illiterate, explains why blue states vote the way they do.

"By contrast, in several large states — California, New York, Florida and Nevada, for instance — the number of adults with low skills rose. "

http://nces.ed.gov/NAAL/PDF/2006470.PDF

State and County Literacy Estimates - Compare
Interesting numbers, but they are for adults and don't take into account population movement and immigration.

I'm not sure that is a valid evaluation of the education systems.