Bloomberg Moves Up

Jul 2014
massachusetts
I think he is serious, and he's wicked smart, he may have figured the whole thing out.
Obviously, he could have done what Steyer and Yang have done, used their money to seed an organization that can assemble the donations to qualify for the debates, but he might just be figuring that these debates are for losers, that it's slugfest and if he's not there, he can't get attacked. So he's got his message going out, and no one has laid a glove on him.
When he does take to the stage, because the qualifications change to polling in double digits, he'll be the fresh face, and the voice of reason.
It's never been done before, but it could work, we'll see.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
I'm starting to wonder if this is a diversionary tactic on Bloomie's part? There are several possibilities: Just plain ego, hatred for Trump, Mike is bored, wants to rattle Trump's cage/put the fear of God in Trump??
Is this a lark? New hobby?

I appreciate the fact that Bloomberg KNOWS Trump personally, loves taunting him and naturally we can't be havin' that, can we? So Prez Idiot takes the bait every time. Bloomers can TROLL Trump and needle him nonstop. Trump goes into paranoid mode and starts claiming stuff like "he doesn't KNOW me"...."he's got personal problems"...

Pretty soon we'll be hearing "I've never met Mike." and photos/tweets will flood the net. I'm liking this part.
yeah i can see that.

my fear is this, just like in 2004 people are fed tf up and are like anybody but Trump. fine, i get it, he is the most criminal effed up PoS to ever be in the Oval Office, but that is a dangerous way of thinking. we still need to do the hard work of screening them to find the most qualified candidate to fix all the shit he broke.

when a billionaire drops in and starts shoveling truckloads of cash around with no clear message other than he is safer than this disaster, i am not impressed. i want someone of substance.

May 2018
none
yeah i can see that.

my fear is this, just like in 2004 people are fed tf up and are like anybody but Trump. fine, i get it, he is the most criminal effed up PoS to ever be in the Oval Office, but that is a dangerous way of thinking. we still need to do the hard work of screening them to find the most qualified candidate to fix all the shit he broke.

when a billionaire drops in and starts shoveling truckloads of cash around with no clear message other than he is safer than this disaster, i am not impressed. i want someone of substance.
Bingo. He seem like Ross Perot years ago. If he does not get the nomination, I hope he does not run as an independent.

Reactions: Lyzza and Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
yeah i can see that.

Exactly. AND I don't like the way Bloomberg is stepping into the race. It smacks of arrogance. I'd be a lot more inclined to support him if he worked his way through the cycle---just like everyone else.
I would welcome him and then start observing/researching his policies, but campaigns should be taken seriously and I'm not sure that's Mike's M.O.
We haven't seen him in the debates. He hasn't had to answer questions in town halls. He hasn't been scrutinized by the press or by his opponents. There are just too many question marks.

Marcus Livius

Former Staff
Sep 2017
Hell
Exactly. AND I don't like the way Bloomberg is stepping into the race. It smacks of arrogance. I'd be a lot more inclined to support him if he worked his way through the cycle---just like everyone else.
I would welcome him and then start observing/researching his policies, but campaigns should be taken seriously and I'm not sure that's Mike's M.O.
We haven't seen him in the debates. He hasn't had to answer questions in town halls. He hasn't been scrutinized by the press or by his opponents. There are just too many question marks.
Bingo!

Next thing we know, he is suddenly a racist. Or hates Jews. Or like Israel. Or have ties to someone who may have had a meeting with someone that knew a somebody that had a Russian accent.

Dec 2019
Utah, USA
Vote your heart in the primary....Vote your head in the general. The question I think everyone on the left is asking themselves right now is who can beat the scumbag. That's why there are so many undecideds. I view Bloomberg as the candidate with the best chance of beating it, but I don't agree with many of his policy positions.....So he remains my "backstop" choice.

Its going to take a long time (yet) before the ignorant, culturally depressed RWers in this country can be allowed to re-enter society. 40yrs of programming coupled with indigenous inbreeding make me wonder if ethnic cleansing wouldn't be a better option, but I just can't morally go there....

Reactions: se7en

PMB

Mar 2018
US
Boomberg and his live in girlfriend each changed their pollical registration to Democrat in the later part of 2018.
I have to wonder if he just hates Trump (like most of us Dems do) and if his running is just a lie, and if he will change
to mainly republican views if he is elected as the Potus.

It just might be better if he backs a democrat nominee.

Reactions: se7en and cwII
Dec 2019
Utah, USA
Boomberg and his live in girlfriend each changed their pollical registration to Democrat in the later part of 2018.
I have to wonder if he just hates Trump (like most of us Dems do) and if his running is just a lie, and if he will change
to mainly republican views if he is elected as the Potus.

It just might be better if he backs a democrat nominee.
Yep...He's a conservative for sure, but he can beat tRump, and that's the only imperative this cycle (mo). He's never really wanted to be POTUS, and I don't blame him for that.

He's already stated he'll leave his money and staff in the battleground states to help defeat the scumbag even if he's not the nominee. So I think his intentions are pretty clear on that.