Bloomberg Moves Up

Jul 2014
massachusetts
yeah i can see that.

my fear is this, just like in 2004 people are fed tf up and are like anybody but Trump. fine, i get it, he is the most criminal effed up PoS to ever be in the Oval Office, but that is a dangerous way of thinking. we still need to do the hard work of screening them to find the most qualified candidate to fix all the shit he broke.

when a billionaire drops in and starts shoveling truckloads of cash around with no clear message other than he is safer than this disaster, i am not impressed. i want someone of substance.
To be fair, Mike Bloomberg is a man of substance.
This is not a first outing into politics, a vanity campaign, he has sought, won and credibly performed the duties of the office that many describe as the second most powerful elected office in the land.
He has a track record, which includes more executive experience than all the other candidates combined.
He can make decisions, he can negotiate tough deals, he can get things done.
There may be legit criticisms, but the ability and desire to improve the situation through executive office is there in spades.

Reactions: cwII
Dec 2019
Utah, USA
This is not a first outing into politics, a vanity campaign, he has sought, won and credibly performed the duties of the office that many describe as the second most powerful elected office in the land.
He has a track record, which includes more executive experience than all the other candidates combined.
There may be legit criticisms, but the ability and desire to improve the situation through executive office is there in spades.
Totally agree. And for those that are opposed to him because he's a billionaire, come to grips with the fact that we need power to change how elections are run...Right now, this IS the state of the process....Now that corporations are people it may take someone like a Bloomberg to purge or reverse the evil that's been unleashed on the country by capitalistic purists.

Sep 2015
Stage Left
just because the system was corrupted and this is the norm doesnt mean we have to bend to it. i would rather have a candidate who will fight for the most good than just some random dude to make things kosher for the privileged

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2015
Arizona
Yep...He's a conservative for sure, but he can beat tRump, and that's the only imperative this cycle (mo). He's never really wanted to be POTUS, and I don't blame him for that.

He's already stated he'll leave his money and staff in the battleground states to help defeat the scumbag even if he's not the nominee. So I think his intentions are pretty clear on that.
The only way we are going to beat Trump is via voter turnout! I'm not convinced that ONE old white billionaire running against another old white billionaire will galvanize young voters---the biggest voting bloc since the Boomers. Mike might as well be Hillary.

Reactions: Lyzza and cwII
Dec 2019
Utah, USA
I can't disagree with that Clara! Voter turnout will be the most important factor. I would love to see someone more progressive than MB too. He's my "backstop" candidate only.

Independents are the largest voting block. I see 2 possibilities, 1. If turnout is high enough, good for Progressives, or 2. turnout is low (or not high enough!), and that favors the moderates. I was very disappointed with the turnout in Iowa, but can't be certain about why. Keeping an eye on that most important stat....

Reactions: Clara007
Jul 2019
Georgia
C'mom folks! He CAN'T run if they have one of these...View attachment 7921
:lol:

I googled after the 5th time or so that trump made fun of his height.. He's 5'8", which is short for a guy, but he's not a midget, lol

he should continuously point out how fat (actually obese) and ugly trump is

for his next commercial, blooms should have some fine broads from the 80's talk about how they wouldn't bang trump even back then when he had money and wasn't a lard ass