Bolton book alleges Trump tied Ukraine aid freeze to Biden investigations: NYT

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Who knew Bolton was another lying liberal? He sure fooled Giuliani. Poor Rudy.

Former national security adviser John Bolton reportedly claims in his as yet unpublished memoir that President Trump sought to tie hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to Ukraine to his requests for the country's leaders to investigate former Vice President Joe Bidenand his son Hunter Biden.​
Multiple sources familiar with Bolton's book told The New York Times that he writes that President Trump personally told him that $391 million in aid to Ukraine should be frozen until Ukrainian officials announced the investigations, including one into the Democratic National Committee.​
The book, which does not have a publication date as of yet, has been submitted to the White House for review. White House officials did not immediately return a request for comment from The Hill on the report.​
An attorney for President Trump, Rudy Giuliani, responded in a statement obtained by ABC News: "I used to like and respect John, and tell people they were wrong about how irresponsible he was. I was wrong."​
"He never once expressed concern to me. If he had confronted me, I could have explained it to him.....He wasn’t man enough to just ask and instead makes false and irresponsible barges to write a book about his failed career."​
...Bolton's lawyer confirmed the authenticity of the Times's report in a tweet, writing that he regretted that excerpts had been leaked during the classification and review process.​

More: Bolton book alleges Trump tied Ukraine aid freeze to Biden investigations: NYT

Nov 2012
nirvana
Who knew Bolton was another lying liberal? He sure fooled Giuliani. Poor Rudy.

Former national security adviser John Bolton reportedly claims in his as yet unpublished memoir that President Trump sought to tie hundreds of millions of dollars in aid to Ukraine to his requests for the country's leaders to investigate former Vice President Joe Bidenand his son Hunter Biden.​
Multiple sources familiar with Bolton's book told The New York Times that he writes that President Trump personally told him that $391 million in aid to Ukraine should be frozen until Ukrainian officials announced the investigations, including one into the Democratic National Committee.​
The book, which does not have a publication date as of yet, has been submitted to the White House for review. White House officials did not immediately return a request for comment from The Hill on the report.​
An attorney for President Trump, Rudy Giuliani, responded in a statement obtained by ABC News: "I used to like and respect John, and tell people they were wrong about how irresponsible he was. I was wrong."​
"He never once expressed concern to me. If he had confronted me, I could have explained it to him.....He wasn’t man enough to just ask and instead makes false and irresponsible barges to write a book about his failed career."​
...Bolton's lawyer confirmed the authenticity of the Times's report in a tweet, writing that he regretted that excerpts had been leaked during the classification and review process.​

More: Bolton book alleges Trump tied Ukraine aid freeze to Biden investigations: NYT
I guess the publisher isn’t honoring the executive privilege.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Bolton's lawyer says someone in the department it was submitted to for review leaked it. More Trump temper tantrums and threats coming.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Bolton's lawyer says someone in the department it was submitted to for review leaked it. More Trump temper tantrums and threats coming.
Should be entertaining. I hope no one has to go before a firing squad.

I think it's time to seriously ask: If somehow Trump was "removed from office," would he go? For some, maybe most of his worshippers, his removal would be an act of Satan.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Should be entertaining. I hope no one has to go before a firing squad.

I think it's time to seriously ask: If somehow Trump was "removed from office," would he go? For some, maybe most of his worshippers, his removal would be an act of Satan.
I believe he's going to put up a fight

regardless if it's by removal through impeachment, removal via election, or even removal due to term limits

he's not going out quietly by any means

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
I believe he's going to put up a fight

regardless if it's by removal through impeachment, removal via election, or even removal due to term limits

he's not going out quietly by any means
In some scenarios, the willingness of our military's officers to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God," will be the question of the day.

Reactions: se7en
Jun 2018
South Dakota
Anonomous sources and an unpublished manuscript in the WH for security review. If in fact that statement is in the book how long do you think it'll withstand executive privilege? Since it has an undisclosed publish date why do you think it's been leaked now? Since there's little or no chance that we'll ever hear the truth, as is the way it goes with tell all revenge books, the opinion on what happened will do what it always does, break along party lines.
In the real world it's just anther shiny object.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Anonomous sources and an unpublished manuscript in the WH for security review. If in fact that statement is in the book how long do you think it'll withstand executive privilege? Since it has an undisclosed publish date why do you think it's been leaked now? Since there's little or no chance that we'll ever hear the truth, as is the way it goes with tell all revenge books, the opinion on what happened will do what it always does, break along party lines.
In the real world it's just anther shiny object.
Heh-heh. Sure. Of course.