Book sales scam

Feb 2019
nunya
How do uninteresting people who wrote even more uninteresting books get on the best seller list? Eazy Peazy.
Obama Adviser’s Book Is Ranked 1,030 On Amazon. How Did It Make NYT’s Best Seller List? - The Daily Caller
As Clicker was soaking in his daily propaganda, he noticed this gem of an article.
Let me give you a quote.

“It should have been number five, except they excluded a big chunk of her sales for being sketchy. They’ve declared shenanigans,” one longtime book editor told TheDCNF also on the condition of anonymity."

They were others that were "anonymous" in this article. Sure. Why do I feel that this may be total horseshit? How are sales "shenanigans?" This seems like some RW propaganda.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
These same people were touting the Box Office success of “Unplanned” when it was likely that a large portion of ticket sales were block sales to churches and religious groups.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Why do I feel that this may be total horseshit?
Most likely because you don't like it.
I've stated before that I have experience with the "total horseshit" you're bamboozled by. When I was a card carrying Democrat involved in active local political action this is what I saw. Books were bought by "foundations" and other liberal groups and then "donated" back to the candidates campaign. They then distributed them to the little store front campaign offices to be sold at a small fee or simply given away at rallys and meetings. I never did this but was told that volunteers filtered thru the attendees with several copies of the candidates books for sale. Write a book, sell it to a bulk buyer who donates to books back to you and you then resell or give them away. Simple scam. I'm not picking on the Dems as the only users of this scheme, just relating personal experience.

Jul 2008
Virginia Beach, VA
I've stated before that I have experience with the "total horseshit" you're bamboozled by. When I was a card carrying Democrat involved in active local political action this is what I saw. Books were bought by "foundations" and other liberal groups and then "donated" back to the candidates campaign. They then distributed them to the little store front campaign offices to be sold at a small fee or simply given away at rallys and meetings. I never did this but was told that volunteers filtered thru the attendees with several copies of the candidates books for sale. Write a book, sell it to a bulk buyer who donates to books back to you and you then resell or give them away. Simple scam. I'm not picking on the Dems as the only users of this scheme, just relating personal experience.
You really think that only liberals/Democrats do this?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
These same people were touting the Box Office success of “Unplanned” when it was likely that a large portion of ticket sales were block sales to churches and religious groups.
The churches then resell them to their congregations. They do this with quite a bit of stuff, I get a significant discount on gift cards for restaurants this way and the church makes money doing it. Tickets to the movie aren't for sale at my church or where my relatives around the country are members. I would think some of the "Mega" churches are doing this. I kow they will tout the movie and other events from the pulpit.

Feb 2019
nunya
you stated one quote from my argument. The sources in this article are all anonymous. Making it highly questionable. Especially from a biased news site. Switch to MSNBC or something else thats reliable.