Born Again Christians on Social Media

Feb 2008
Minnesota
And there is the very arrogance of which I wrote. You've read a book which was written by MEN !! Most of whom had an agenda. And you say you know the mind of God ???? WOW. A being so intelligent and so powerful that it could literally think the universe into existence. And yet you, a mere mortal human being, think you understand it's mind ??? The most brilliant scientists in the world struggle to understand how the universe works. And yet you, who probably couldn't hold a conversation with said scientists, believe you speak for God ??
You seem to be making quite a bit of leaps here. What did I say that makes you think I believe I am speaking for God? Where did I say I know the mind of God? I said I could "begin" to understand God and even further that understanding a bit, but that's as far as I went. I agree with your statement that God is "A being so intelligent and so powerful that it could literally think the universe into existence." It sounds like you are beginning to understand a bit about God yourself. And you thought that was impossible.

Sep 2018
KC, MO
I got this message (from a newsletter) in my email. The Facebook post discussed reminds me so much of some of the posts we read here from the "Christian" self righteous mighty. And the author's response articulates exactly my feelings about them ... without my gutter language.
Just Rag On Them In Your Own Words
And Own Up To It

Instead Of A Long-Winded Anecdotal Nothing
That You Can Blame On Some One Else
Whom We Don't Know Even Exists

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Just Rag On Them In Your Own Words
And Own Up To It

Instead Of A Long-Winded Anecdotal Nothing
That You Can Blame On Some One Else
Whom We Don't Know Even Exists
Tell you what, Skippy.
Since my post is so offensive to you, why don't you block my name and then you won't have to suffer the indignity of reading my egregious postings.
It's such an easy fix.

(and is there some reason You Write In Fucking Headlines?)

Dec 2015
Arizona
Do you not see the irony in your post?
Do you not see the irony in your post above?? I wrote MY POST, genius.
Sometimes, and this may be difficult for you to grasp, people actually analyze and organize their thoughts before they put them in print. Sometimes their goal is .....IRONY. Pointing out the obvious??
But good catch, kiddo!

Dec 2015
Arizona
And there is the very arrogance of which I wrote. You've read a book which was written by MEN !! Most of whom had an agenda. And you say you know the mind of God ???? WOW. A being so intelligent and so powerful that it could literally think the universe into existence. And yet you, a mere mortal human being, think you understand it's mind ??? The most brilliant scientists in the world struggle to understand how the universe works. And yet you, who probably couldn't hold a conversation with said scientists, believe you speak for God ??

Sigh. It's so tiresome, isn't it?? The established set of attitudes about God--about religion--about how to live?? I am amazed at the descriptions of God. AND *arrogance* is right at the top!
Men MAY have been inspired by God to write the scriptures, parables, prayers, psalms, and all that jazz, but MEN will be MEN, faulty, imperfect humans with an agenda. Some things never change and of course, through the centuries those "inspired" MEN have used God's word to inflict every kind of horror imagined on God's children and have justified those horrors with one phrase:
God told me to do it.
Those MEN have elevated themselves (and still do) to the place where they see themselves as God's buddy--like a friend you go bowling with--God's messenger---God's delivery boy--God's interpreter.

I've said this before and maybe I need to keep repeating the OBVIOUS: God is not a person. God is not a MAN.
AND it's an insult to God to pretend otherwise.

Dec 2015
Arizona
Tell you what, Skippy.
Since my post is so offensive to you, why don't you block my name and then you won't have to suffer the indignity of reading my egregious postings.
It's such an easy fix.

Tris, you forgot to capitalize your headlines. Here. Let me fix it for you:

Tell You What Skippy
Since My Post Is So Offensive To You
Why Don't You Block My Name And
Then You Won't Have To Suffer The Indignity
Of Reading My Egregious Postings
It's Such An Easy Fix.

:cool:

Sep 2015
Stage Left
Tell you what, Skippy.
It's such an easy fix.

yeah right, its so weird.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
You seem to be making quite a bit of leaps here. What did I say that makes you think I believe I am speaking for God? Where did I say I know the mind of God? I said I could "begin" to understand God and even further that understanding a bit, but that's as far as I went. I agree with your statement that God is "A being so intelligent and so powerful that it could literally think the universe into existence." It sounds like you are beginning to understand a bit about God yourself. And you thought that was impossible.
ME ?? I have no particular religious beliefs. I am purely agnostic. I was raised Methodist. I've looked at and studied some other religions. I finally realized I'm simply not a religious person. I believe in what I can see evidence of. I won't say there isn't a God, just that I have no reason to believe there is, and I'm not gong to live my life based on a huge maybe.

I'm merely saying the IF there is a God, a God as described by most Christians, then humans cannot begin to comprehend such a being. I'm not going to have my life directed by a book of fairy tales written by people with agendas. More importantly I will not let those who do believe PASS LAWS controlling my behavior based on their beliefs. ESPECIALLY as my tag line says, when they PICK AND CHOOSE the parts of the bible they want to believe in, while disregarding the parts they don't agree with !! It's the HYPOCRISY that bothers me as well as I have said, the shear arrogance !!!