"Both Sides are the Same"

Apr 2019
America
it's funny because Hillary campaigned on a very moderate platform (not sure if she would have governed moderately had she won) but I think she did that because of Obama's approval, and his being a moderate.

makes me wonder how 2020 will go,

will a moderate platform be more appealing for trump's opponent, if America is tired of extremism and constant drama,

or something more left to counter his extremism?
Trying to secure the borders, enforce existing law, strengthen the military are all really extreme.You are ridiculous.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Trying to secure the borders, enforce existing law, strengthen the military are all really extreme.You are ridiculous.
he took from military funds to try to "secure the border(s)" therefore he's not strengthening the military.

LTP

Mar 2018
Grayson
he took from military funds to try to "secure the border(s)" therefore he's not strengthening the military.
Trump pulled the military to help pay for an idiotic wall. He knows it's a bad idea. He's just teaching idiots a valuable lesson. Y'all didn't really think he was Santa Claus, did you?

Sep 2019
NYC

While I personally disagree with a "Wall" and much prefer a system of merit based near open immigration, I also support the reduction in military spending. you leftists used to agree with this.

Jul 2019
Georgia
While I personally disagree with a "Wall" and much prefer a system of merit based near open immigration, I also support the reduction in military spending. you leftists used to agree with this.
I don't support declaring a phony state of emergency, so he could have power to divert military funds to build his ego wall. I've always supported our military, sorry, I'm not your prototypical "leftist", whatever that means.

Sep 2019
NYC
I don't support declaring a phony state of emergency, so he could have power to divert military funds to build his ego wall. I've always supported our military, sorry, I'm not your prototypical "leftist", whatever that means.

I don't either. but the precedent is there, previous presidents have called one for even more ridiculous things. We are currently in declared state of emergency in regards to.... burundi.

burundi....

At least the state of emergency on swine flu has ended. (though there was none for ebola, for which we had a czar, but I digress)

Sep 2019
Texas
also known as Bothsideism

I used to be a Bothsideist. Well I was a raging Repub, then a Bothsideist (which meant I called myself a Libertarian)

and I think it used to be kind of an accurate belief,

but now.....

~~~~

when people talk about "sides", I assume we're talking about Dems vs Repubs, because those are defined. Right vs Left is more of a spectrum thing. Someone can be left leaning (like me), and someone can be hard left, left-center, etc, same for right

So "both sides" ----- meaning "both Republicans and Democrats"

Right now, they are not the same. Yes, there are definitely negative features of both parties, and though I find myself siding with Dems more these days, I'm not technically a Democrat. But I still see that they're not the same.

I feel this has been a gradual progression with Republicans, but now they are the party of trump. They embrace and enable him, so he is the face of the Republican Party. And sorry, there is no face of the Democrat party that is near the level of insane as him. Not one.

For me, how I choose to vote is about human decency. There is one party that is erring on the side of human decency much more than the other.

I'd vote Republican again some day, but they got to put decent human beings back up first.
You've still not answered how Democrats have protected Liberty- it's a given Republicans don't- that makes them the same- results, not rhetoric are what counts-
The results are BOTH sides subscribe to the same Monetary Policy which finances the Foreign Policy which drives Domestic Policy which the two sides argue only about who's best qualified to manage the policy's- arguing about that is done by who wants to raise taxes or who wants to lower taxes or who espouses human decency or who doesn't- neither side espouses human decency- human decency is to protect the unalienable Rights of everyone in this Country- not on foreign soil- human decency is not restricting or denying Individuals have the unalienable right to choose- human decency is to set a good example to follow for protecting Individual, unalienable Rights- neither side does that- human decency doesn't consist of acting indecently in public (social media) or opposing - because- Trump/Republican- Democrats are every bit as guilty of sin against human decency as are Republicans- in fact, not that long ago Democrats were considered the War Party (Hawks) and Republicans were anti- War (Doves)- BOTH sides have flip flopped- for the purpose of pandering to buy votes- and don't kid yourself about Democrats not being funded by big money- Democrats hi-jacked the moniker "Liberal" and are as far from liberal as one can possibly be- as the Founders who did espouse (err) on the side of human decency and Constituted those principles into the law of the land- and agreeing on the Bill of Rights as protecting those Rights- not restricting-

You say you called yourself Libertarian- why then did you change your mind? Libertarians, by and large, subscribe to Liberty- they don't believe the gov't has the the authority to tell others how to live or that the gov't can absolve personal responsibility- and, surprisingly most hard core libertarians and ALL hard core libertarians lean left- their left leaning though is from the old country- anti-gov't in the forms it was leaning towards in those times- think Marx- the core of his thinking was that gov't's had become too powerful-

Democrats don't err on the side of human decency- human decency is protecting unalienable Rights- Republicans err on the side of lower taxes- as though that is sacro sanct to Liberty- with sound money, perhaps- with fiat currency, which Democrats subscribe to, not so much- Party (L, D, Or R or Green) are the antithesis of liberty, and Liberty in that ALL demand Party line subscription- that is not protecting Liberty- by definition it is restricting it- err is human, to forgive is divine-

Sep 2019
NYC
You've still not answered how Democrats have protected Liberty- it's a given Republicans don't- that makes them the same- results, not rhetoric are what counts-
The results are BOTH sides subscribe to the same Monetary Policy which finances the Foreign Policy which drives Domestic Policy which the two sides argue only about who's best qualified to manage the policy's- arguing about that is done by who wants to raise taxes or who wants to lower taxes or who espouses human decency or who doesn't- neither side espouses human decency- human decency is to protect the unalienable Rights of everyone in this Country- not on foreign soil- human decency is not restricting or denying Individuals have the unalienable right to choose- human decency is to set a good example to follow for protecting Individual, unalienable Rights- neither side does that- human decency doesn't consist of acting indecently in public (social media) or opposing - because- Trump/Republican- Democrats are every bit as guilty of sin against human decency as are Republicans- in fact, not that long ago Democrats were considered the War Party (Hawks) and Republicans were anti- War (Doves)- BOTH sides have flip flopped- for the purpose of pandering to buy votes- and don't kid yourself about Democrats not being funded by big money- Democrats hi-jacked the moniker "Liberal" and are as far from liberal as one can possibly be- as the Founders who did espouse (err) on the side of human decency and Constituted those principles into the law of the land- and agreeing on the Bill of Rights as protecting those Rights- not restricting-

You say you called yourself Libertarian- why then did you change your mind? Libertarians, by and large, subscribe to Liberty- they don't believe the gov't has the the authority to tell others how to live or that the gov't can absolve personal responsibility- and, surprisingly most hard core libertarians and ALL hard core libertarians lean left- their left leaning though is from the old country- anti-gov't in the forms it was leaning towards in those times- think Marx- the core of his thinking was that gov't's had become too powerful-

Democrats don't err on the side of human decency- human decency is protecting unalienable Rights- Republicans err on the side of lower taxes- as though that is sacro sanct to Liberty- with sound money, perhaps- with fiat currency, which Democrats subscribe to, not so much- Party (L, D, Or R or Green) are the antithesis of liberty, and Liberty in that ALL demand Party line subscription- that is not protecting Liberty- by definition it is restricting it- err is human, to forgive is divine-

Most people who claim they were once libertarian, never were. I remember for a while towards the end of the bush administration many right wingers started declaring themselves libertarians but were clueless to the principles.

Reactions: Gdjjr
Sep 2019
Texas
Most people who claim they were once libertarian, never were. I remember for a while towards the end of the bush administration many right wingers started declaring themselves libertarians but were clueless to the principles.
And believe me, hard core libertarians despise Republicans doing that.

Reactions: ReverendHellh0und