Boy Scouts Conspired To Hide Pedophile They Knew About

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
There are many many studies regarding this issue.

There is no evidence whatsoever that homosexuality has a higher rate of pedophilia than heterosexuality.

There is quite a lot of evidence that pedophiles are usually not gender preferential ... most pedophiles are interested in the age of the child, not the gender.

Oct 2010
I also would offer, I judge an organization by it's aims and principles. I judge a person by their words and actions. I am also aware that an organization has "stated" aims and principles, for public consumption, and "real" aims and principles based on the behaviour of those with authority and/or power.
I also judge the scouts by their aims, principles and actions.

I condemn the decisions made by the national BSA for many decades to hide pedophiles and never once report their crimes, and condemn their decision not to release the records they've kept on suspected pedophiles. That decision endangers even more children, both scouts and non-scouts.

Their bigotry against gays and atheists is also very revealing of the poor character of the national organization, but I support their right to be bigots. However, they shouldn't be receiving any government support or endorsement.

Oct 2010
gary' timestamp='1320073692' post='364921 said:
All pedophiles who molest their own sex are homosexual by definition
only to the most simplistic who are incapable of complex thought
How much complex thought is even required to distinguish between an adult consensual relationship and the rape of a child? Not much.

Gary is just a moron with a bigoted agenda.

Oct 2011
Riddle: I cannot see the bottom yet but I know where this is going. Answer: ? (Hint: Starts with D, ends with ownhill).

Time-out?

Speaking of time, a point I picked up on in the words used in this forum so far has to do with then and now. The words suggest to me, a different policy, within scouting organizations, on how to deal with the problem of pedophilia has evolved.

I also would offer, I judge an organization by it's aims and principles. I judge a person by their words and actions. I am also aware that an organization has "stated" aims and principles, for public consumption, and "real" aims and principles based on the behaviour of those with authority and/or power.

What is my judgement of the scouting movement? I have not had a role in it for over a dozen years. That said, I believed both it's stated aims and real aims and principles, were then inspiring. The majority of the people involved were busy parents trying to put on a youth program for their kids. Mr. TURLEY, in those days, unfortunately, had a hidden agenda.

The second question formulated in my mind over what I have read in this forum so far goes something like this:

Is there any empirical evidence to suggest people in the homosexual category have a higher incidence rate of pedophilia, than people in the heterosexual category, or, are straights more likely to be pedophiles that homosexuals?

I am sure there must be a study related to this question somewhere.

I am going to leave the forum now to see if I can find out what the answers to these questions may be.

Update: so far I have not found a study which answers the above posed question precisely. That said, I I did reference a paper titled: Facts about molestation. In it there was a references to a number of studies. GROTH & BIRNBAUM (78), Dr. Carole JENNEY and associates, and one other was about as far as I have time to read at the moment.

To sum up the risk of a child molestation has no higher liklihood when you contrast homosexuals and heterosexuals. Individual members of these groups pose the same liklihood of molesting children. In my opinion this article is well written and neutral. The terminology is explained well.

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
slim gillott' timestamp='1320069706' post='364913 said:
I also judge the scouts by their aims, principles and actions.

I condemn the decisions made by the national BSA for many decades to hide pedophiles and never once report their crimes, and condemn their decision not to release the records they've kept on suspected pedophiles. That decision endangers even more children, both scouts and non-scouts.

Their bigotry against gays and atheists is also very revealing of the poor character of the national organization, but I support their right to be bigots. However, they shouldn't be receiving any government support or endorsement.

As I said earlier shriek is using this sad example to try and tarnish the image of the entire Boy Scout movement.

He's trying to make a dig at the Boy Scouts just because they won't let homosexuals join nor allow homosexuals to be scout leaders.

This story proves why they have to enforce that rule

Feb 2007
Los Angeles
tristanrobin' timestamp='1320078888' post='364942 said:
[quote name='gary' timestamp='1320073692' post='364921']

All pedophiles who molest their own sex are homosexual by definition
only to the most simplistic who are incapable of complex thought
How much complex thought is even required to distinguish between an adult consensual relationship and the rape of a child? Not much.

Gary is just a moron with a bigoted agenda.

[/quote]

Looks like the Oxford Dictionary are morons with a bigoted agenda too......

homosexual(ho·mo·sex·u·al)

adjective

• (of a person) sexually attracted to people of one’s own sex.

• involving or characterized by sexual attraction between people of the same sex:homosexual desire

noun

a person who is sexually attracted to people of their own sex.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definition/homosexual?region=us

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
NO, this story proves what hypocritical pedophile enabling creeps the leadership is

no different from the Catholic Church