Boyscouts must be abandoned by any self respeting parents!

Feb 2018
ohio
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05/22/boy-scout-world-jamboree-leadership-requires-condoms-readily-and-easily-accessible-for-event

And about the condoms?

According to its 2016 handbook, the World Scout Committee is mandating that condoms be made readily available.

A subsection on page 10 of the publication reads, “The Host [Organization] must ensure that condoms are readily and easily accessible for all participants and [International Service Team] at a number of locations on the site.”

The directive adds, “When making this information available onsite, consideration shall be given to the various cultures and beliefs present.”

According to Charisma News, “It appears the Jamboree guidelines were drafted after the 2015 World Jamboree in Japan in preparation for the 2019 event and were just recently released in an email.”
What are others saying about this?

John Stemberger, Florida Family Policy Council president and chairman of the board for the Christian scouting organization Trail Life USA, told Charisma News:

In light of the mandatory condom policy, it is not clear how far down the rabbit hole the Boy Scouts will continue to fall. With the addition of condoms and alcohol, the World Jamboree is starting to sound more like a 1960s Woodstock festival rather than a campout that parents would want to send their children to! All of this should be deeply disturbing to the churches that are chartering Boy Scout Troops. These policies present a clear youth protection problem that the BSA absolutely refuses to recognize. The fact that they are requiring that condoms be “readily accessible” and are communicating this to everyone—including youth participants—shows that the BSA is both anticipating and facilitating sexual conduct between minors at this event. These policies are both outrageous and completely irresponsible.

Reactions: 3 people

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/05/22/boy-scout-world-jamboree-leadership-requires-condoms-readily-and-easily-accessible-for-event

And about the condoms?

According to its 2016 handbook, the World Scout Committee is mandating that condoms be made readily available.

A subsection on page 10 of the publication reads, “The Host [Organization] must ensure that condoms are readily and easily accessible for all participants and [International Service Team] at a number of locations on the site.”

The directive adds, “When making this information available onsite, consideration shall be given to the various cultures and beliefs present.”

According to Charisma News, “It appears the Jamboree guidelines were drafted after the 2015 World Jamboree in Japan in preparation for the 2019 event and were just recently released in an email.”

John Stemberger, Florida Family Policy Council president and chairman of the board for the Christian scouting organization Trail Life USA, told Charisma News:

In light of the mandatory condom policy, it is not clear how far down the rabbit hole the Boy Scouts will continue to fall. With the addition of condoms and alcohol, the World Jamboree is starting to sound more like a 1960s Woodstock festival rather than a campout that parents would want to send their children to! All of this should be deeply disturbing to the churches that are chartering Boy Scout Troops. These policies present a clear youth protection problem that the BSA absolutely refuses to recognize. The fact that they are requiring that condoms be “readily accessible” and are communicating this to everyone—including youth participants—shows that the BSA is both anticipating and facilitating sexual conduct between minors at this event. These policies are both outrageous and completely irresponsible.
Oh yeah, because as everyone knows, young people never, ever would consider sexual relations except for the deviant few. And as far as the deviant few are concerned, let them get pregnant or impregnate, and if they should contract or spread HIV or other sexual diseases, good.

It's the punishing hand of God.

You oppose abortion, and you oppose taking measures to prevent abortions.

Reactions: 1 person
Feb 2018
ohio
Oh yeah, because as everyone knows, young people never, ever would consider sexual relations except for the deviant few. And as far as the deviant few are concerned, let them get pregnant or impregnate, and if they should contract or spread HIV or other sexual diseases, good.

It's the punishing hand of God.

You oppose abortion, and you oppose taking measures to prevent abortions.
Are you insane? We are talking about young people who should not even be thinking about having sex yet, also the perverted who will take advantage of young boys, and girls.

Didn't know it was the scout orgy, thought it was the scout jamboree!

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Are you insane? We are talking about young people who should not even be thinking about having sex yet, also the perverted who will take advantage of young boys, and girls.

Do you have any connection to the real world at all?

Your comment might, just barely might have relevance to Cubs, but Scouts?

Reactions: 2 people

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

No I'm not insane. I'm pointing out your insanity. You oppose abortion, call it murder, but oppose taking measures to prevent unwise pregnancies..

It's about as insane as your stand against gay people, a group of people who never get abortions.

Reactions: 3 people
Feb 2018
ohio
No I'm not insane. I'm pointing out your insanity. You oppose abortion, call it murder, but oppose taking measures to prevent unwise pregnancies..

It's about as insane as your stand against gay people, a group of people who never get abortions.
We are talking about kids who are most likely under 18, and you want to encourage them to have at it, and oh here are some condoms, and alcohol, did you miss that part.

My stand against gay people? Seriously? I am against the sin of homosexuality, not the person. That, because it will separate them from God for eternity, now maybe as a so called Christian you are ok with that, but that is what brings the wording so called Christian, you have no love for them you want to seem enlightened so you encourage their sin, shame on you! No idea what this has to do with condoms and underage scout jamboree but good for you for allowing me once again to explain my position!

How about we teach restraint instead of oh well you are going to do it so here let us help you my God man do you hear yourself!

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio

And about the condoms?

Condoms prevent pregnancy and HIV not to mention other STDs. Boy Scouts will have to take a shower wearing a rain coat. Too much overt sex on TV is what brought this on.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
We are talking about kids who are most likely under 18, and you want to encourage them to have at it, and oh here are some condoms, and alcohol, did you miss that part.

My stand against gay people? Seriously? I am against the sin of homosexuality, not the person. That, because it will separate them from God for eternity, now maybe as a so called Christian you are ok with that, but that is what brings the wording so called Christian, you have no love for them you want to seem enlightened so you encourage their sin, shame on you! No idea what this has to do with condoms and underage scout jamboree but good for you for allowing me once again to explain my position!

How about we teach restraint instead of oh well you are going to do it so here let us help you my God man do you hear yourself!
Yes I do hear myself. And from what source are you claiming alcohol will be provided along with condoms?

So called Christian? That's you. You accept every doctrine invented by the Church of Rome. Careful casting stones there, fella.