• Disagree

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Dec 2017
USA
Break-Up the States

It would be wise, in my view, to break-up the nation into the states as mostly independent entities which relate to the country as a whole through the union of the flag, military, and generalized economic system, though with few federal oversights. That is, embrace a variation ofAnti-Federalism.

Apr 2014
redacted
Break-Up the States

It would be wise, in my view, to break-up the nation into the states as mostly independent entities which relate to the country as a whole through the union of the flag, military, and generalized economic system, though with few federal oversights. That is, embrace a variation ofAnti-Federalism.
The Russians and Chinese must looooove you!

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Break-Up the States

Consolidation of regions would probably be a better idea. Two coasts, high mountain desert, Central plains, South Coast, Ozark-Appalachia would cover most regional sectors that would allow efficiencies of scale and improve provincial power.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Break-Up the States

No, it's a stupid idea. It's always been a stupid idea. Almost the entire history of the world, including Europe, has shown it a stupid idea. Have yoy ever heard the term "Balkanization?" That's what you propose.

Mar 2019
Texas
WOW! break up the states...That is the first time i have ever heard that proposal. I think the majority of people either want more power to the states or more power to the fed but not many want to do away with the states.

The State of America just does not sound right.

Apr 2014
redacted
No, it's a stupid idea. It's always been a stupid idea. Almost the entire history of the world, including Europe, has shown it a stupid idea. Have yoy ever heard the term "Balkanization?" That's what you propose.
Agreed. All it does is hurt American citizens and weaken them in a world of hostile forces. Specifically the Russians, Chinese and Iranians but also any emerging nation with authoritarian goals such as Saudi Arabia, Brazil and, over the next century, some African nations.

A related point: although political forums often debate the merits and legality of the Civil War one fact is irrefutable; had the CSA remained apart from the USA, the world would have changed. There would have been no Spanish-American War - specifically noting Cuba and the Philippines. The US would not have seen the same involvement in WWI, if at all and, therefore, WWII (WWI Part Deux) may or may not have happened although the Russian Revolution may well have happened. Even though it's impossible to tell, I strongly believe the US and the world is better off with a United States instead of a further subdivided American continent.

Apr 2014
redacted
WOW! break up the states...That is the first time i have ever heard that proposal. I think the majority of people either want more power to the states or more power to the fed but not many want to do away with the states.

The State of America just does not sound right.
It appears this year's crop of Evangelical White Supremacist anti-abortionists are not as smart as their predecessors. :)