California banning single family homes.

May 2019
USA
That is very interesting. I was wondering when the right to housing by limiting a person to how much of a home they could have would occur. Looks like California is going that way

Jun 2018
South Dakota
That is very interesting. I was wondering when the right to housing by limiting a person to how much of a home they could have would occur. Looks like California is going that way
The economy in Cal was fueled by development ans speculation that relied on huge appreciation of values to survive. That's gone nowso the idea is to pander to the low income hoardes that are invading thestate by offering subsidized housing. The lunitics in their congress shoud go look at the "projects" around the country for guidance on what not to do. Taking local control of zoning law application and enforcement could get messy. Beverly Hills and some other exclusive gated communities might just sue the hell out of the state on that one. Libs living in secluded tranquility are OK with regulating every one but themselves.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
The dream of the cottage with the white picket fence is evaporating. Next step, bulldozing single family tracts and building hi-rise earthquake traps. Goody! Lets start with Hollywood and Beaverly Hills then on to the estates of Silicone Valley!!!
CA Bill Would Eliminate Single-Family Home Zoning In Most Of The State
Your title indicates a completed action and the implied action has little to do with reality and the actual proposal.

Single family homes are not banned currently.
The legislation is proposed, not enacted.
The actual legislation does not "ban" single family homes.

Are you incapable of actually posting something that accurately reflects the event and reality?

Mar 2018
Grayson
Your title indicates a completed action and the implied action has little to do with reality and the actual proposal.

Are you incapable of actually posting something that accurately reflects the event and reality?
I'm almost afraid to ask what you think the net effect of that bill is if not to ban single family homes. But humor me. I see semantics could be at play, but what is the bottom line? I did laugh my butt off at the name of the nitwit who proposed that legislation. His name was so befitting of his legislation.

Jul 2018
Trump World! Where the circus is always in town.
The dream of the cottage with the white picket fence is evaporating. Next step, bulldozing single family tracts and building hi-rise earthquake traps. Goody! Lets start with Hollywood and Beaverly Hills then on to the estates of Silicone Valley!!!
CA Bill Would Eliminate Single-Family Home Zoning In Most Of The State
Why the hell are you concerned about zoning laws now?

LOL, the hate is all encompassing to you folks.

Hey, what is the GDP in CA? What is the GDP in South Dakota?

Maybe you ought to smarten up and follow CA's lead.

Jun 2018
South Dakota

Aren't you happy that I posted something for you to chew on and that actually educated you a bit? Using a tactic i see here all thetime fro the lefties of deceptie titling and claims I've gotyour attention. Now when the bill passes and the camels nose in under the tent, you will be able to speak to it without resorting to simple bashing because you'll have knowledge of the subject. It would be nice if you actually commented on the most important piece of the legislation, taking zoning authority from the cities and counties.

There's another lesson playing out here too, giving the loony lefties absolute power for so long breeds contempt for the electorate. California is in the clutches of a totalitarian govt and it'll take much more of this legislative arrogance to pry them loose. We saw that in action due to the 8 yrs prior to the 2016 election. Donald Trumps is the result.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Why the hell are you concerned about zoning laws now?

LOL, the hate is all encompassing to you folks.

Hey, what is the GDP in CA? What is the GDP in South Dakota?

Maybe you ought to smarten up and follow CA's lead.
WHOOOOOSH!
That's the sound made by a point flying over your head.
The resident libs here seem to all suffer from the format that uses gaslighting on most posts.
Did all ya'all get the same training?

Nov 2018
Inner Space
Aren't you happy that I posted something for you to chew on and that actually educated you a bit? Using a tactic i see here all thetime fro the lefties of deceptie titling and claims I've gotyour attention. Now when the bill passes and the camels nose in under the tent, you will be able to speak to it without resorting to simple bashing because you'll have knowledge of the subject. It would be nice if you actually commented on the most important piece of the legislation, taking zoning authority from the cities and counties.

There's another lesson playing out here too, giving the loony lefties absolute power for so long breeds contempt for the electorate. California is in the clutches of a totalitarian govt and it'll take much more of this legislative arrogance to pry them loose. We saw that in action due to the 8 yrs prior to the 2016 election. Donald Trumps is the result.
Actually your post is just more RW hyperventilating about a non-issue. It is a proposed change to zoning. It is not going to outlaw or ban single family homes.
If you knew anything about the housing in California, you would realized that the City of LA has been trying to promote greater density housing by allowing home-owners to add additional residences on their property. This is the trend and should be encouraged.

Nov 2018
Inner Space
I'm almost afraid to ask what you think the net effect of that bill is if not to ban single family homes. But humor me. I see semantics could be at play, but what is the bottom line? I did laugh my butt off at the name of the nitwit who proposed that legislation. His name was so befitting of his legislation.
The net effect would be, if it even got enacted, to promote higher density housing. It would not "ban" single family homes.