California crazies are at it again This time traffic tickets

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Only in Calif!
First pack the state with million of illegals
Then issue them DLs so they can drive legally rather than be arrested and have their cars impounded.
When they bitch about high traffic ticket fines, cut them in half for low income drivers.
I see the next phase as a response to the cities and local govts that will see reduced revenues from traffic tickets, have the taxpayers foot the difference!
Just another tale of Democrats creating a problem then solving it by dumping tax money on it.

Mar 2013
Middle Tennessee
Did you actually READ the article ????

They raised the fine too high and people just can’t pay them. Seriously, a THOUSAND dollars because the paint on your license plate it pealing ??? Most fines are pure revenue generation anyway. They’re actually losing money because so many can’t pay.

Reactions: foundit66 and se7en
Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Did you actually READ the article ????

They raised the fine too high and people just can’t pay them. Seriously, a THOUSAND dollars because the paint on your license plate it pealing ??? Most fines are pure revenue generation anyway. They’re actually losing money because so many can’t pay.
You expect right wingers to read? No, too busy spamming message boards with garbage.

I've lived in red states before, and everything is garbage. THe roads are garbage, the parks are terrible, teh schools suck, because they don't want to pay for anything. And what makes it worse, those states love ticketing to raise revenue to make up for no taxing, which harms poorer people.

Then you hvae the fact they don't do any traffic engineering and you waste your life going from light to light, because god forbid they pay people to traffic engineer. Or parks, played softball league where all the softball fields were private parks where everybody had to pay $3 to get in, even people who are just their to watch. That on top of paying to play in the league, because they don't have state parks.

You get what you pay for, which is why higher taxed places like Canada and Europe, the quality of life is much greater, because you get what you pay for

Reactions: se7en
Jun 2018
South Dakota
You expect right wingers to read? No, too busy spamming message boards with garbage.

I've lived in red states before, and everything is garbage. THe roads are garbage, the parks are terrible, teh schools suck, because they don't want to pay for anything. And what makes it worse, those states love ticketing to raise revenue to make up for no taxing, which harms poorer people.

Then you hvae the fact they don't do any traffic engineering and you waste your life going from light to light, because god forbid they pay people to traffic engineer. Or parks, played softball league where all the softball fields were private parks where everybody had to pay $3 to get in, even people who are just their to watch. That on top of paying to play in the league, because they don't have state parks.

You get what you pay for, which is why higher taxed places like Canada and Europe, the quality of life is much greater, because you get what you pay for
It appers you forgot to read the article.
Do you know how long ago California became a blue state? The reality there is they are NOT getting what they pay for.
I know it's late in the day and yer ready to go off line for the day but get a grip!

Jul 2019
Georgia
I lived in California for a few months, years ago, for an internship,
it's pretty nice, especially compared to rural Georgia where I'm from

Carlsbad/San Diego
girlfriend lived in Chino Hills
been all up and down the PCH and southern part of the state

Devin Nunes's district could use some work, Clovis might'a been the biggest dump in the State I visited (but still better than a few dumps in red states), Fresno is blah IMO

cost of living was higher (a lot of mine was paid, and I lived in a famous 90's vocalist's old house, true story)

Clicker, do you live in Cali, or do you just like to complain about a place you're nowhere near? (your location says South Dakota, which has its fair share of issues). I don't live in Cali now, but I'm a believer in State's rights and they can do what they want. It's not bothering me in the least.

ps the article didn't mention illegal immigrants, not even once

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I lived in California for a few months, years ago, for an internship,
it's pretty nice, especially compared to rural Georgia where I'm from

Carlsbad/San Diego
girlfriend lived in Chino Hills
been all up and down the PCH and southern part of the state

Devin Nunes's district could use some work, Clovis might'a been the biggest dump in the State I visited (but still better than a few dumps in red states), Fresno is blah IMO

cost of living was higher (a lot of mine was paid, and I lived in a famous 90's vocalist's old house, true story)

Clicker, do you live in Cali, or do you just like to complain about a place you're nowhere near? (your location says South Dakota, which has its fair share of issues). I don't live in Cali now, but I'm a believer in State's rights and they can do what they want. It's not bothering me in the least.

ps the article didn't mention illegal immigrants, not even once
I lived in Calif from 1960 to 2003. I saw first hand the deterioration of the state politically and morally driven by the Democrats. I lived in San Diego and several other cities in Southern Calif. When I first registered to vote there I was a Democrat. After being involved in local party politics I became disillusioned with them and left the party. I lived and worked in the southern 6 counties of Calif and the southern half of Arizona.
My family consists of 5 children from two marriages. four sons and one daughter My daughter gave us a grand daughter by her first husband, a Hispanic. She then married a man of Cajun heritage then gave us two more grand daughters. The racial mix in them is obvious. Having a racially mixed family and living in a city with a large Hispanic population has enhanced my understanding of many of the political issues we discuss here today. One of my grand daughters married a man whose family immigrated (legally) to the US from El Salvador 50 years ago. Curiously, they are Democrats and pro immigration but are staunchly opposed to illegal aliens. In fact they support strong border control as do I.
When we retired a financial advisor reviewed our financials and told us that the projections for Calif were such that we might be able to live there in the home we owned for about 15 years. Even with the mortgage paid off the expected tax and services increases along with the cost of living skyrocketing and the increasing stress due to population increases and the deteriorating of medical services etc. caused us to decide to leave the state. We sold out, moved into our Motorhome and traveled the country thus the South Dakota Address. As it is we stayed the winters in the motorhome in southern Calif visiting friends and family. We have a cabin in SW Mo.where we spend lots of time now. We'll likely change residency soon.
When I speak of my experiences they are all true.

Reactions: se7en