California Fires

Apr 2013
Left coast
I didn’t suggest do nothing about pollution. I am saying controlling the fires now means land management. Which if the fires are controlled actually does more to stop pollutants than anything else.
Define land management. Are you the "cut them all down" type or the lets Rake America Great Again type?

Apr 2013
Left coast
You really know how to pick them.

According to Bastasch's LinkedIn profile, he has a long history working with organizations tied to Koch Industries. He went through the Koch Internship Program through the Charles Koch Institute in 2012, and around the same time also interned on government relations at the Koch-funded Heritage Foundation. He was also a prior Research Associate at the Cascade Policy Institute, which the Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) notes has close ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), where Bastasch also interned in 2010. He also worked as a Koch Summer Fellow at the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University. [1], [3]
Michael Bastasch

Oct 2010
Colorado
I didn’t suggest do nothing about pollution. I am saying controlling the fires now means land management. Which if the fires are controlled actually does more to stop pollutants than anything else.
I thought deniers denied that CO2 is a pollutant.
And, likely humans have always caused the majority of wildfires everywhere. The conflagrations seen in the West now result from prolonged drought, higher temperatures, and strong winds.

As the growing season has expanded, almost a month longer now than when I moved to a high mountain valley almost 40 years ago, so has the fire season.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I thought deniers denied that CO2 is a pollutant.

And, likely humans have always caused the majority of wildfires everywhere. The conflagrations seen in the West now result from prolonged drought, higher temperatures, and strong winds.

As the growing season has expanded, almost a month longer now than when I moved to a high mountain valley almost 40 years ago, so has the fire season.
prolonged drought IT IS A DESERT drought conditions are the norm.

Now if you want to discuss URBAN SPRAWL as man's causation of the fires, yes, that is man's contribution.

Oct 2010
Colorado
prolonged drought IT IS A DESERT drought conditions are the norm.

Now if you want to discuss URBAN SPRAWL as man's causation of the fires, yes, that is man's contribution.
I live in a mountain valley which averages about 12-14 in. of precipitation annually. Less than 15 miles from me, in the center of the closest mountain range, 60-80 in. annually is the norm. This pattern is repeated throughout the inter-mountain West

Please don't speak of what you don't know.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I live in a mountain valley which averages about 12-14 in. of precipitation annually. Less than 15 miles from me, in the center of the closest mountain range, 60-80 in. annually is the norm. This pattern is repeated throughout the inter-mountain West

Please don't speak of what you don't know.

I live 187 miles from one of the worlds few temperate rainforest, the AVERAGE rainfall is 85 inches annually so please don't speak to me alike I am one of your children.

yes we have droughts, and we have flooding, that is called nature and we have average years of rainfall. Worst Drought I remember was 18 months in around 1985-87