California Fires

Oct 2010
Colorado
I live 187 miles from one of the worlds few temperate rainforest, the AVERAGE rainfall is 85 inches annually so please don't speak to me alike I am one of your children.

yes we have droughts, and we have flooding, that is called nature and we have average years of rainfall. Worst Drought I remember was 18 months in around 1985-87
You missed my point entirely. Here's the string:

...And, likely humans have always caused the majority of wildfires everywhere. The conflagrations seen in the West now result from prolonged drought, higher temperatures, and strong winds.

As the growing season has expanded, almost a month longer now than when I moved to a high mountain valley almost 40 years ago, so has the fire season.
prolonged drought IT IS A DESERT drought conditions are the norm.

Now if you want to discuss URBAN SPRAWL as man's causation of the fires, yes, that is man's contribution.
I live in a mountain valley which averages about 12-14 in. of precipitation annually. Less than 15 miles from me, in the center of the closest mountain range, 60-80 in. annually is the norm. This pattern is repeated throughout the inter-mountain West

Please don't speak of what you don't know.
I live 187 miles from one of the worlds few temperate rainforest, the AVERAGE rainfall is 85 inches annually so please don't speak to me alike I am one of your children.

yes we have droughts, and we have flooding, that is called nature and we have average years of rainfall. Worst Drought I remember was 18 months in around 1985-87
Nowhere 15 miles from your rainforest is there a valley which receives 12-14 in. of rain annually, on average.

In the region in which I live, the growing season has expanded, almost a month longer now than when I moved to a high mountain valley almost 40 years ago, and so has the fire season expanded.

That doesn't have a thing to do with drought, unless you're referring to human-caused climate change which has raised temperatures and made drought more common throughout the intermountain West.

Please don't speak of what you don't know.

Nov 2012
Michigan
Hey webguy, why haven't you defined forest management for me yet? Which is it?
Expert land and forestry management would involve advance creation of fire breaks, removal of dead vegetation on a regular basis, occasional controlled burns, and more. Stuff real experts used to do before econuts took over.

Apr 2013
Left coast
Expert land and forestry management would involve advance creation of fire breaks, removal of dead vegetation on a regular basis, occasional controlled burns, and more. Stuff real experts used to do before econuts took over.
I don't suppose you have a link. That isn't what the experts I have been reading are saying.

Oct 2010
Colorado
Please understand that the policy of putting out all fires emerged when private timber companies pressured the feds to save the trees to protect local economies. Through the 1960s, total fire suppression was the official policy of the USFS.

That began to change in the 1970s and 80s when fires in wilderness areas were allowed to burn. Prescribed burns came into use. Beginning in the 90s, extensive private-side development of the wildland-urban interface increased substantially.

As a person who has cut a lot of firewood for our wood stove, the idea of "clearing" the forest is ludicrous, owing to the sheer volume of material that's present. Plus, timber companies are the absolute worst at increasing forest floor fuel load, iow, they leave this behind, and in full sun so it gets good and dry.

Today, the USFS spends more than half its budget fighting fires. Trump proposed severe cuts to USFS funding. Congress reduced those cuts but still cut funding.

But, no matter what the approach used to control wildfires, a simple fact of nature won't be erased. Fire is a part of forest ecology. Forests have evolved to depend upon fire. The chaparral in southern California depends upon a rather short fire cycle. In 3-4 years, the chaparral has completely grown back,.

All the finger-pointing is, in a word, bullshit. The "fire problem" today results from people living in zones where the vegetation evolved to depend upon periodic fires. That's a fact of nature. It's not going away.

Nov 2013
San Jose, Ca. 95132
A post that proves all these disasters were caused by man made climate war.

ZERO rain in California. Yet jet stream flows over state.
Mon Nov 5, 2018 3:57am

The weather terrorists continue to spray dessicants over the moisture field yet again to prevent cohesion and lift of the huge moisture field moving from the Pacific Ocean over California. This is the pattern so far this monsoon season that usually begins in late September and October. The aerosols and EMF weather machines such as NEXRAD and SBX-1 are I full deployment to continue to dry out and destroy California. No rain anywhere here.

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion.cgi?disc=175790;article=1617430;title=Religion and Ethics BBS

Read the whole passage at:

Heavy Aerosol Chemtrail Spraying Prevents Rain Despite Jet Stream Moisture Flow!

------------

10-31-2018; Again, Heavy Aerosol Chemtrail Spraying Prevents Precipitation In California!
1PacificRedwood

Published on Oct 31, 2018
The mainstream media is shilling for the global crime syndicate who are allowing the daily manipulation of our weather using chemtrail aerosols, satellite based and ground based microwave transmitters to manipulate / prevent precipitation.

11-8-2018; Satellite Transmitter-Generated Blockade Prevents Weather From Moving Into CA! RH 10%
1PacificRedwood

Published on Nov 9, 2018
(Thurs.) A satellite transmitter has installed a high pressure dome directly on top of the Jet Stream to evaporate its moisture which is flowing through California. This blockade will also block all moisture and weather systems from moving into the State to deliver precipitation. Tonight the RH is a mere 10%; last night the RH was 80% and we had natural clouds in the skies over southern CA the past two days. The atmosphere had lift, which allowed those natural clouds to form.

Jul 2018
Earth
I've seen a lot of metro areas that look like forests because of all of the trees in them. If those trees ever caught fire under the right conditions the whole metro area could go up in flames. Should there be occasional controlled burns in the metro areas?

Apr 2013
Left coast
I've seen a lot of metro areas that look like forests because of all of the trees in them. If those trees ever caught fire under the right conditions the whole metro area could go up in flames. Should there be occasional controlled burns in the metro areas?
The main reason forest fires get "bad" is due to the accumulation of flamable underbrush. Not much of a problem in most metro areas.

Jul 2018
Earth
The main reason forest fires get "bad" is due to the accumulation of flamable underbrush. Not much of a problem in most metro areas.
What I'm saying is that if the trees in a metro area dried out it is possible that a fire from one could quickly spread all across the area if the wind was right. It is easy to think that such fires only occur in remote forest areas but they can happen almost anywhere there is a large number of trees in an area, such as in some cities. It could even happen in Central Park in NYC under the right circumstances.