California Paradise lost

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains
I used to be a Libertarian and had similar views. The reason I'm not anymore is because of donald trump. He's a cancer who is trying his best to move us towards totalitarian fascism, and that's what threatens my freedom the most.

Want examples? Sure. His constant attacks on the first amendment, for one. Trying to ban or silence dissent. His AG is fighting in our legal system on a daily basis to benefit dear leader. That's never happened in this country and is absolutely terrifying. That's just two examples. My country is more important than my personal wants, so I'm supporting anyone who can help get rid of the cancer.
Explain your conversion more. It is puzzling that ANYONE with libertarian leanings would not understand that Donald "the Narcissist" Trump is precisely the kind of person whom libertarian thinking idolizes. His cupidity, secrecy, self-aggrandizing, lawlessness and influence misuse is consistent with so much of libertarian thinking that one is baffled that someone could be against Trump and have ANY libertarian leanings. He is the epitome of individual freedom at the expense of all others.

Reactions: se7en
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
Sure you can but it just proves you a liar (or at the very least insanely ignorant). If lying your ass off on social media is more important than actually doing something about it more power to you lil bro.
More freedom and liberty you mean. Smiles.

Jul 2019
Georgia
Explain your conversion more. It is puzzling that ANYONE with libertarian leanings would not understand that Donald "the Narcissist" Trump is precisely the kind of person whom libertarian thinking idolizes. His cupidity, secrecy, self-aggrandizing, lawlessness and influence misuse is consistent with so much of libertarian thinking that one is baffled that someone could be against Trump and have ANY libertarian leanings. He is the epitome of individual freedom at the expense of all others.
I was pretty clueless back then to be honest. I have a kid now, and work my ass off to give him a great life so that's the main reason. In other words, I grew up.

Then throw trump in the mix, an all-around socially and economically clueless grifter who wants to destroy my child's country for personal gain, and here I am.

Reactions: RNG
Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I was pretty clueless back then to be honest. I have a kid now, and work my ass off to give him a great life so that's the main reason. In other words, I grew up.

Then throw trump in the mix, an all-around socially and economically clueless grifter who wants to destroy my child's country for personal gain, and here I am.
Really? Even though the economy has gone up and unemployment down?
A guy who turned $100 million into over $3 billion is clueless about economics and wants to destroy his own country for his kid's and grandkid's too?
Well, I glad to hear that you work. Tell you a secret, smart people do not work their asses off, they let the money work for them. I can teach you how if you truly want to give your kid a better life. PM me if you like.

• Haha
Reactions: Clara007 and se7en
Jul 2019
Georgia
Really? Even though the economy has gone up and unemployment down?
A guy who turned $100 million into over $3 billion is clueless about economics and wants to destroy his own country for his kid's and grandkid's too?
Well, I glad to hear that you work. Tell you a secret, smart people do not work their asses off, they let the money work for them. I can teach you how if you truly want to give your kid a better life. PM me if you like.
Lol no.

Were you the one who bragged about investments under trump and then admitted you have no investments after I asked how your 401k is doing now?

Sorry of not, there are a lot of new folks here who have zero idea what they're talking about.

But yeah somehow losing all of daddy's money and becoming permanently indebted makes one a total economic genius:lol:. Farmer welfare and crashing economy are total 4-d chess. Exploding deficit? All part of the master plan :lol:

Mar 2020
Land of Freedom
I have no 401k but I do invest and I am doing well with that over the last few years since Trump. I am not a Trump historian or Fanatic so I don't know about what you said. I just know the basics. Billionaire, hot wives and girlfriends, knows how to win and is our president and will continue as.

We will see what he plans for us in the next 4 years.

Jul 2019
Georgia
I have no 401k but I do invest and I am doing well with that over the last few years since Trump. I am not a Trump historian or Fanatic so I don't know about what you said. I just know the basics. Billionaire, hot wives and girlfriends, knows how to win and is our president and will continue as.

We will see what he plans for us in the next 4 years.
You consider Miss Lindsay a hot girlfriend? Gross.

Nov 2018
Rocky Mountains

That does fit into the seemingly fundamental childish nature of libertarianism --- "Don't make me grow up".

Reactions: se7en

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North

Yeah, I feel you. When I was too busy working I actually believed that free enterprise unfettered by regulations and trickle-down worked and that wealth inequality was not a bad thing. Then a medical condition forced me to retire early and I suddenly had time to actually study those and related things and found out that supporting them was due to simplistic thinking and they were entirely wrong.