California wants to raise taxes on companies with high paid executives.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Liberals never get the message do they? Don't they see that all that happens when they do dumb shit like this the companies pass it along to the customers? Even worse they cut staff and reduce the wage base to compensate for the loss due to taxes.

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Conservative never stop sucking off rich, greedy scumbags. Why defend the people who are actually causing the problems in this country with their greed? WHy defend that these greedy scumbags will do whatever they can to keep their insane salaries, more money then they even know what to do with, while their workers are getting paid unlivable wages?

Why do right wingers defend such abysmal gluttony from corporations and their CEOs? Why do they support workers making garbage money while CEOs and shareholder pocket all the money? Look what happened when you gave them tax breaks, greedy scum just pocket the money

Who do you think is outsourcing jobs because they are greedy scum that only care about profits, at any cost.

Last edited:
Jul 2014
massachusetts
Liberals never get the message do they? Don't they see that all that happens when they do dumb shit like this the companies pass it along to the customers? Even worse they cut staff and reduce the wage base to compensate for the loss due to taxes.
You'd have to have an understanding of economics to see why this idea makes sense.

But understanding economics is something that is inconvenient for conservatives, so they don't....

Jun 2018
Toronto
Tim Apple is gonna be paid in Apples now.
How are they calculating the income. I believe Steve Jobs used to work for 1 dollar per year salary.

:)

Reactions: Clara007
Feb 2018
Oregon
Liberals never get the message do they? Don't they see that all that happens when they do dumb shit like this the companies pass it along to the customers?
If that is true, then why did consumer prices continue to rise whenever corporate taxes have been cut?

Unfortunately for you, there is persuasive evidence that they DON'T pass it along to customers.

PMB

Mar 2018
US
Don't get any sympathy from me, as I want the top tax bracket at 70% like it was before Reagan.

Reactions: Kode and goober
Dec 2018
Indiana
Don't get any sympathy from me, as I want the top tax bracket at 70% like it was before Reagan.
Exactly. Why am I supposed to give a sh!t if corporations headquartered in California have to pay more taxes?

... most people assume that the corporate income tax is largely paid by consumers of its products or services. That is, they assume that although the tax is nominally levied on the corporation as a whole, in fact the burden of the tax is shifted onto customers in the form of higher prices.

All economists reject that idea. They point out that prices are set by market forces and the suppliers of goods and services aren’t only C-corporations, which pay taxes on the corporate tax schedule, but also sole proprietorships, partnerships and S-corporations that are taxed under the individual income tax. Other suppliers include foreign corporations and nonprofits.

Therefore, corporations cannot raise prices to compensate for the corporate income tax because they will be undercut by businesses to which the tax does not apply. ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kode and Clara007

PMB

Mar 2018
US
I think they should go back to the 1980 tax brackets in todays money,

and if corps are now since corps have the same rights as joe blow down the street, they should pay the same tax, most have a neg tax bracket and do not pay any tax. Or they can just undo Citizens United.

Last edited:
Dec 2015
Arizona
Conservative never stop sucking off rich, greedy scumbags. Why defend the people who are actually causing the problems in this country with their greed? WHy defend that these greedy scumbags will do whatever they can to keep their insane salaries, more money then they even know what to do with, while their workers are getting paid unlivable wages?

Why do right wingers defend such abysmal gluttony from corporations and their CEOs? Why do they support workers making garbage money while CEOs and shareholder pocket all the money? Look what happened when you gave them tax breaks, greedy scum just pocket the money

Who do you think is outsourcing jobs because they are greedy scum that only care about profits, at any cost.
Now Lloyd. Let's be sensible. St. Ronnie said those wonderful words: Trickle Down. So the little disciples RAN to get their pencils, wrote that down, placed it in their Bibles and swore (to the death) their allegiance. No matter what the economy. No matter what the working class says or does and never mind the fact that the wealth gap continues to increase so that NOW we had a ruling class who says "Let them eat cake."

• Love
Reactions: PMB