California's Largest Utility to Shut Down

Feb 2006
California
This is a nightmare!

Sep 2019
Texas
California has always had forest fires and wind- not preparing for it sounds like somebody lied about doing their job- preparing for emergencies-
BTW, Windmills will go down in flames if the fire reaches them- they'll have to use the brakes constantly if the wind stays high, or just shut them down completely and lock the blades in place so they don't free wheel and overspeed and throw the blades off- then they will have to be shut down for repairs before their scheduled shut downs- oh, fire will destroy solar farms too-

Feb 2006
California
Nothing was said about windmills, Dear customer: We at PGE paid ourselves lavishly for decades and spent ZERO maintaining our electric grid.

Sep 2019
Texas
Nothing was said about windmills, Dear customer: We at PGE paid ourselves lavishly for decades and spent ZERO maintaining our electric grid.

Fire will burn solar panels- like I said- piss poor planning- somebody not doing their job- emergency planning- the expected high winds will stop the windmills- that nothing was said about it is immaterial to piss poor planning-

Dec 2015
Arizona
My sister lives near Sacramento. Here's what she just emailed me:
"The latest on the power shut offs in Northern CA is that 500,000 are without power now and this afternoon another 300,000 will have power cut. Windy and dry conditions are the cause according to PG&E (the power company). Very hard for those who lose power as it takes days to restore. Have seen in print that this could last as long as 7 days. We are not affected here in Sutter County as of now but 23 counties are affected. The San Francisco Bay area is part of this shut off. There are maps available to view of the locations if you Google power shut offs in Northern CA."

Jun 2018
La Pine, Oregon
California needs to ... Go Solar California
Thorium would actually be better. However, that does not eliminate the problem with power lines/transformers which was what caused the fires. Maybe they should try burying the lines: