Can an atheist govern himself without God?

Oct 2019
USA
If an atheist believes himself to be "no different" than any other animal, then there is no reason why he should not act accordingly, whether this means raping, murdering, molesting children or engaging in other beastly behavior.

(Our Common Law seems to be based on this notion, those who fancy themselves beasts and act accordingly, are put into prison, much like animals in a zoo cage - by not acting in ways becoming of a moral or self-disciplined human, they effectively lose their rights and are demoted to the status of a kept animal).

So in this sense, by renouncing his humanity - an atheist may as well just consent to be governed by the religious and the moral, believing himself not worthy of any notion of "human rights" to begin with.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
So you'd be raping 5 year olds if you weren't afraid of going to hell?
Atheists are humanists, they don't renounce humanity, they embrace it, it's god people who fly airplanes into buildings and behead journalists, strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves up in crowds.

Feb 2019
here and there
So you'd be raping 5 year olds if you weren't afraid of going to hell?
Atheists are humanists, they don't renounce humanity, they embrace it, it's god people who fly airplanes into buildings and behead journalists, strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves up in crowds.
Oh dear, an Islamaphobe.

Dec 2018
Wisconsin
I’m an atheist I’ve raped and killed every person I’ve ever wanted to.

My count stands at 0.

Imagine thinking so little of yourself that the only reason you don’t rape and kill is because it’d be bad for you.

Oct 2019
USA
Atheists are humanists,
Not all atheists, such as in the Marquis de Sade thread.

So your saying that atheism isn't merely a "lack of belief in god", but it is a "positive belief" in something, such as Humanism? Hmm...

Feb 2019
here and there
I’m an atheist I’ve raped and killed every person I’ve ever wanted to.

My count stands at 0.

Imagine thinking so little of yourself that the only reason you don’t rape and kill is because it’d be bad for you.
Well it's a good thing your an atheist then, otherwise you would have to hide burying people in your backyard.

Reactions: imaginethat

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Not all atheists, such as in the Marquis de Sade thread.

So your saying that atheism isn't merely a "lack of belief in god", but it is a "positive belief" in something, such as Humanism? Hmm...
And the pope generals that lead their armies into battle? Do those count?

Reactions: intangible child