Can an atheist govern himself without God?

Oct 2019
USA
Apparently a Christian Nations faith in thieving US Constitution - old glory - old testament - absentee voting ballots arsonists crusade is no different from dhimmitude servitude in flying flaming chariot warrior Mohammed Valhalla status warfare, except that the appeal of Islamophopbia Christiananality pedophilia overwhelms any logic of their master race.
Insert "tin foil hat" pic here

Aug 2019
Albuquerque, NM
:rolleyes:
No.

First off, why do you claim its definitions of evidence are "arbitrary"?
Just because you don't like something does not make it "arbitrary".

Secondly, the claim on "authority fallacy" is b.s. You seem to generalize it beyond its true bounds. Bolding the important parts below:
Description: Insisting that a claim is true simply because a valid authority or expert on the issue said it was true, without any other supporting evidence offered. Also see the appeal to false authority.​

That is not the case here.
Ironically, that definition fits religion to a tee. They believe because they were told to. Whether it be parents, priests, or the bible. It's still someone telling you something without any supporting evidence

Neat. What did he give you for Christmas last year? Did you catch him coming down the chimney? I bet you got video, don't you!
Another ironic thing, he claims Saint Nick was real so therefore Santa is real, but that doesn't make all the magical stories about Santa real. Just like Jesus. He may have been a real person, but that doesn't make the magic real

Reactions: foundit66
Oct 2019
USA
Ironically, that definition fits religion to a tee. They believe because they were told to. Whether it be parents, priests, or the bible. It's still someone telling you something without any supporting evidence
You believe in scientific theories because you were told to, whether it be parents, teachers, or popular media. You believe in the theories based on faith in "scientists" who claim to have gathered and tested the evidence, not on having done so yourself, just as you'd be believing in alchemy, or whatever the science of your day was, and denouncing people like Galileo for disagreeing with it.

Another ironic thing, he claims Saint Nick was real so therefore Santa is real, but that doesn't make all the magical stories about Santa real. Just like Jesus. He may have been a real person, but that doesn't make the magic real
That doesn't substantiate what "magic" is.

"Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke

This isn't talking about Santa Claus, but merely why the ambiguous notion of "magic" is redundant, and just a simplistic folk dismissal.

As an example, a hunter-gatherer tribe (e.x. the Sentinelese) encountering modern technology, such as a helicopter, might dismiss it as "magic", but this dismissal isn't based on it being "literally impossible", just on it being beyond their level of comprehension.

Last edited:
Sep 2019
U.S.A.
You believe in scientific theories because you were told to, whether it be parents, teachers, or popular media. You believe in the theories based on faith in "scientists" who claim to have gathered and tested the evidence, not on having done so yourself, just as you'd be believing in alchemy, or whatever the science of your day was, and denouncing people like Galileo for disagreeing with it.

That doesn't substantiate what "magic" is.

"Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C Clarke
Actually I accept many scientific theories because I can test them myself on demand so they are proven to me.

Oct 2019
USA
Actually I accept many scientific theories because I can test them myself on demand so they are proven to me.
So go test the theory yourself that the earth revolves around the sun, or that physical entities are made from matter and energy.

If you literally "only believe what you see with your own eyes", then you would ironically have to dismiss the theory of gravity, or the idea of matter and energy - since these aren't actually entitles you "see with your own eyes", but are mathematical abstractions or approximations.

Ironically, this is why the "see with your own eyes" argument is just a simplistic folk dismissal, that has nothing to do with modern science or its theories, even an ancient Greek could have dismissed the idea of "god" on those grounds, just as they could have dismissed the idea of gravity or natural phenomenon being governed by universal laws, as opposed to whims and chance.

People take these theories for granted simply because they can't imagine life as they know it without them, even though people, including atheists lived for most of human history without needing or caring for them. Evolution, of course being a simple folk belief or observation before Darwin ever arriving on the scene, and never automatically considered in mutual exclusivity to God to begin with.

Jun 2019
ROT
So go test the theory yourself that the earth revolves around the sun, or that physical entities are made from matter and energy.
We would like you to test the "theory" of Gravity. Have one of your flock hold up a 15 pound hammer and lean over the roof of your house. Then you stand directly beneath and tell the friend to let go. If the hammer falls down, Gravity is real. If it falls up, God is real.

Have your friend report the results back to us.

Last edited:
Sep 2019
U.S.A.

If you literally "only believe what you see with your own eyes", then you would ironically have to dismiss the theory of gravity, or the idea of matter and energy - since these aren't actually entitles you "see with your own eyes", but are mathematical abstractions or approximations.

Ironically, this is why the "see with your own eyes" argument is just a simplistic folk dismissal, that has nothing to do with modern science or its theories, even an ancient Greek could have dismissed the idea of "god" on those grounds, just as they could have dismissed the idea of gravity or natural phenomenon being governed by universal laws, as opposed to whims and chance.

People take these theories for granted simply because they can't imagine life as they know it without them, even though people, including atheists lived for most of human history without needing or caring for them. Evolution, of course being a simple folk belief or observation before Darwin ever arriving on the scene, and never automatically considered in mutual exclusivity to God to begin with.
Okay...I have done so already. I watch the sun rise and set and have seen multiple eclipses after noting them from calculated timing, I see the phases of the moon every night and have sat near many bonfires as matter is reverted to energy. I have dropped many things and had to pick them up after falling and lifted things off the ground that have weight because of gravity. Unless there is a more compelling explanation for these things I will go with the most logical version based on my own life experience.....I have no reasom to accept the Super being version.