can you explain this?

Mar 2019
Texas
I am not saying anything, just noting Trends, Remembr GWH Bush in year 3 as around 80% Approval GW was around 60% approval Obama Around 46% approval

All were reelected, with exception of GWH Bush.
No i do not remember that.

Either way we do not need the injustice to continue lest we lose our country and all checks and balances. Actions have consequences.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Really?

:rolleyes:

(And actually, the 538 site was far more accurate when compared with numerous other projections.)

Nate Silver Gives Trump 2% Chance of Getting Nominated
Posted August 28, 2015 in: #Trump
On August 6th, Nate Silver predicted in his highly-respected FiveThiryEight blog that Donald Trump had only a 2% chance of getting the Republican nomination. Silver’s prediction is based on historical patterns, solid data, and sound reasoning. He’s great at what he does. Maybe the best.

Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
I don't know why anybody is surprised at this.

It just goes to proves that more and more of the tired, the poor, the ignorant bigots yearning to spew freely are simply feeling more comfortable admitting they like the hateful prejudices and vicious rhetoric of the fat orange turd. Those of us who have lived our lives as a minority of one sort or another (or as in some of our cases, more than one), it's hardly a surprise.

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
I don't know why anybody is surprised at this.

It just goes to proves that more and more of the tired, the poor, the ignorant bigots yearning to spew freely are simply feeling more comfortable admitting they like the hateful prejudices and vicious rhetoric of the fat orange turd. Those of us who have lived our lives as a minority of one sort or another (or as in some of our cases, more than one), it's hardly a surprise.

Tired ignorant Bigots.. Sounds Familiar... "Basket of Deplorables" To see the bigot you might look in the mirror.

Feb 2007
USA
Nate Silver Gives Trump 2% Chance of Getting Nominated
Posted August 28, 2015 in: #Trump
On August 6th, Nate Silver predicted in his highly-respected FiveThiryEight blog that Donald Trump had only a 2% chance of getting the Republican nomination. Silver’s prediction is based on historical patterns, solid data, and sound reasoning. He’s great at what he does. Maybe the best.
That was in 2015!...over a year before the election, and way, way before any significant polling was done and well before when Trump was even a viable candidate by winning the primary!

And yet you somehow think it is right to bash 538/Nate Silver?

And, again, on November 8th 2016 the projection by 538 was roughly 71% versus 29% in favor of Clinton winning...and it was a projection that was more accurate than numerous projections!

(And, it should be noted that you appeared to falsely imply that the 538 projection was that Trump had only a 2% chance of winning the 2016 ELECTION and NOT the primary. And, even if you did mean the primary, Nate Silver's analysis you cited was from many months before the primary anyway!)

EDIT: And note that 2% figure was entirely 100% subjective in nature anyway, as Nate Silver stated here in the original article/podcast that figure was cited from.:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/podcast-totally-subjective-presidential-odds-early-august-edition/

So then, what trend do you see here, TNV?:

trump-approval-ratings-.png

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

And note that the green line is approval and the orange line is disapproval.

Indeed, his approval and disapproval poll rating isn't very different today than it was for much of 2018.

Last edited:
Dec 2006
New Haven, CT
Tired ignorant Bigots.. Sounds Familiar... "Basket of Deplorables" To see the bigot you might look in the mirror.
Yes, yes, yes. We all know. I'm a horribly prejudiced against bigots - which makes me a ... BIGOT.

Stupid idiotic fat orange turd cult members' alternative reality. As if any discussion with them is worth the time it takes to type.