Cannabis In Hospice: Growing Demand And Acceptance For End-Of-Life Care

Feb 2006
California
A new study finds hospice professionals overwhelmingly support using medical cannabis for hospice patients.

In hospices across North America, medical cannabis is increasingly replacing mind-muddling medications to enable patients to experience their final days relaxed and without pain, able to interact with loved ones consciously and coherently.

The utility of cannabis in elder-care and palliative settings is supported in an important new study recently published in the Journal of Palliative Care. A total of 310 palliative care professionals, including nurses, administrators and physicians from 40 different states responded to a survey on practice, experience and opinions regarding medical cannabis (MC), as part of the largest national survey on this topic to date.

Of all responders, an overwhelming 91% indicated that they support using MC for hospice patients. “And those who practice in states where MC is not yet legal wish that it was.”Yet there is a significant disparity between ideological support for MC and actual practice. The study found that it is “unusual for clinicians to initiate discussion of using MC with patients, families, or physicians involved in the case…” And of the 36 physicians who responded to the survey, half did not certify patients for MC and only one reported certifying more than six patients a month.

1579466531058.png

Reactions: leekohler2
Feb 2006
California
The feather may be a bit much...but sounds like a plan.
I'm after Gargalesis, go out laughing and ...... :lol:

There are two kinds of tickling. Knismesis is a light, gentle touch that makes your skin tingle or twitch. Knismesis often happens accidentally and rarely makes you laugh. It may actually itch more than tickle. Gargalesis is the aggressive, intentional tickling that sends people into fits of laughter.

Sep 2019
U.S.A.
I'm after Gargalesis, go out laughing and ...... :lol:

There are two kinds of tickling. Knismesis is a light, gentle touch that makes your skin tingle or twitch. Knismesis often happens accidentally and rarely makes you laugh. It may actually itch more than tickle. Gargalesis is the aggressive, intentional tickling that sends people into fits of laughter.
I'm after hot sexual death throws.