Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived and alienated by others, study finds

Jan 2018
Yes
Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived and alienated by others, study finds

• Marijuana users are significantly more likely to feel that others wish them harm

• Cannabis increases connectivity in the brain regions associated with psychosis

• Teenage users are particularly affected as their brains are still developing

• Brain activity could be monitored to determine users' mental health risks​

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5279825/Cannabis-users-likely-feel-deceived-others.html

Sep 2016
Oregon
Anyone that thinks using drugs to make them "feel better", ease their problems are only kidding themselves...if you never learn to face a problem, you will never solve any.

At an younger age, I had a really good volleyball team member...great spiker. Well, she had a new boy friend that told her if she would have some pot, before dressing down, she would do better. She had 2 good sets, went up , swung hard and missed them both...After the game she told me...I was so embarrassed...that's enough of that crap for me.

RNG

Forum Staff
Apr 2013
La La Land North
Anyone that thinks using drugs to make them "feel better", ease their problems are only kidding themselves...if you never learn to face a problem, you will never solve any.

At an younger age, I had a really good volleyball team member...great spiker. Well, she had a new boy friend that told her if she would have some pot, before dressing down, she would do better. She had 2 good sets, went up , swung hard and missed them both...After the game she told me...I was so embarrassed...that's enough of that crap for me.
So someone who knows nothing about drugs tells someone you know some absolute falsehoods about drugs and you use that to draw conclusions as to how to live your life.

Yup, it fits.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2016
Oregon
Well...I will take my own experiences to decide my opinions. Those have been wide and varied. I have never seen where a pot smoker was helped, either physically or mentally, to solve anything.

Jun 2013
Ohio
What is the average right wingers excuse ? You always act parananoid, alienated and persecuted and you don’t smoke weed.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

• Marijuana users are significantly more likely to feel that others wish them harm

• Cannabis increases connectivity in the brain regions associated with psychosis

• Teenage users are particularly affected as their brains are still developing

• Brain activity could be monitored to determine users' mental health risks​

Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived by others | Daily Mail Online
A misleading headline. This is not about "cannabis users." It's about "chronic cannabis abuse" that "...may lead to depression and other even more severe forms of mental illness."

Ya think? Shall we study alcoholics to determine whether alcohol "use" leads to mental illness?

Fake news.

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2018
USA
Here is what I think, and as I noted elsewhere. Pot opponents will come up with any rationalization that legalizing even medical pot is bad. Their mind won't change. Not until they, or a loved one, is in need.
What they forget is that DUI laws already exists, so we understand quite clearly that being under the influence of anything is a bad idea.
Side affects can occur from mind altering drugs, legal or other, including alcohol and even otc meds.
Nobody is forcing anyone to drink, toke or take any drugs for that matter.