Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived and alienated by others, study finds

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Here is what I think, and as I noted elsewhere. Pot opponents will come up with any rationalization that legalizing even medical pot is bad. Their mind won't change. Not until they, or a loved one, is in need.
What they forget is that DUI laws already exists, so we understand quite clearly that being under the influence of anything is a bad idea.
Side affects can occur from mind altering drugs, legal or other, including alcohol and even otc meds.
Nobody is forcing anyone to drink, toke or take any drugs for that matter.
Please don't leave out caffeine.

What is the effect of caffeine on humankind? We've no way to know, ever.

Sep 2015
Brown Township, Ohio
Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived and alienated by others, study finds

• Marijuana users are significantly more likely to feel that others wish them harm

• Cannabis increases connectivity in the brain regions associated with psychosis

• Teenage users are particularly affected as their brains are still developing

• Brain activity could be monitored to determine users' mental health risks​
Crazy as all get out and umwprthy

Cannabis users are more likely to feel deceived by others | Daily Mail Online
Docs are hooked on pharmaceutical cocaine which is pure.

Nov 2012
nirvana
A misleading headline. This is not about "cannabis users." It's about "chronic cannabis abuse" that "...may lead to depression and other even more severe forms of mental illness."

Ya think? Shall we study alcoholics to determine whether alcohol "use" leads to mental illness?

Fake news.
Which has been shown to be a problem with those already predisposed with mental health issues.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Oh, I can get quite hyped up on it. I can also get real cranky if I don't get none.
The signs of addiction.

I'm not picking on you. In a junior psychology presentation I made the case that those wagging fingers at hippies and their MJ and LSD habits were soaked with legal drug consumption: uppers, downers, tranquilizers, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, and all the drugs people take for health because they don't take care of themselves.

Today I'd add: antidepressants, which imho are among the most dangerous drugs ever. My first divorce was directly influenced by my wife's use of antidepressants, which make everything seem OK.

Everything's not OK, and any drug that makes a person feel that way is dangerous.

Reactions: 1 person