Cars kill peopls

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
It’s simple physics really: The faster a car is going when it hits you, the more likely you’ll be killed. But there’s a correlation between the speed of the car and the likelihood you’ll be killed, especially when you take age into consideration. Just 5 mph can make a dramatic difference in whether you live or die.

An interactive chart made by ProPublica uses data from a famous 2011 study that collected four years of US car vs. pedestrian crash data. This chart is not only the best illustration of that data I’ve ever seen, it also adjusts for age—older Americans are less likely to recover from injuries sustained in a crash.

If cars are traveling at 45 mph, which is a pretty standard speed for many cars to be traveling on major streets in the US, any person being hit is more likely to be killed than to survive.

https://gizmodo.com/how-likely-you-are-to-get-killed-by-a-car-depending-on-1778993900

Jun 2018
South Dakota
It’s simple physics really: The faster a car is going when it hits you, the more likely you’ll be killed. But there’s a correlation between the speed of the car and the likelihood you’ll be killed, especially when you take age into consideration. Just 5 mph can make a dramatic difference in whether you live or die.

An interactive chart made by ProPublica uses data from a famous 2011 study that collected four years of US car vs. pedestrian crash data. This chart is not only the best illustration of that data I’ve ever seen, it also adjusts for age—older Americans are less likely to recover from injuries sustained in a crash.

If cars are traveling at 45 mph, which is a pretty standard speed for many cars to be traveling on major streets in the US, any person being hit is more likely to be killed than to survive.

https://gizmodo.com/how-likely-you-are-to-get-killed-by-a-car-depending-on-1778993900
We must rally in solidarity with the pedestrians of the world to demand an immediate reduction in all speed limits to a survivable lower number. We must also pass laws that prohibit wandering the streets in traffic lanes. Those who are hit and killed shall be sentences to no less that 5 years in jail.

Jun 2012
Barsoom
I think, at the least, a three day waiting period before taking possession of a car is in order. Maybe even getting rid of high capacity gas tanks. Perhaps only gas tanks that hold five gallons would be fair.

May 2018
Chicago
I don't care how desperately you cry and make false comparisons. There needs to be some gun control in this country. We can no longer ignore that basic fact.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
I don't care how desperately you cry and make false comparisons. There needs to be some gun control in this country. We can no longer ignore that basic fact.
I agree. We desperately need to teach better "gun control"

I propose mandatory gun training in JR high and another course in highschool. Maybe advanced marksmanship or something along those lines so that all american citizens know how to properly handle and use a fire arm.

Furthermore since it is an American right i also propose that upon completion of these programs the state provides the student w/ a firearm of their very own.

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I think, at the least, a three day waiting period before taking possession of a car is in order. Maybe even getting rid of high capacity gas tanks. Perhaps only gas tanks that hold five gallons would be fair.
No gas! That's the ticket!!! Just think, if the price of gas were so high no one could afford it then there'd be no pedestrians killed. Well perhaps because there would be no cars except for, of course, the very rich, politicians and govt employees. No sweaty bicycle seats for the limo-libs! Don't forget that there would be all kinds of open lanes to rush all those who succumb to heat stroke along the way to hospital. (Global warming ya know)

Jun 2018
South Dakota
I agree. We desperately need to teach better "gun control"

I propose mandatory gun training in JR high and another course in highschool. Maybe advanced marksmanship or something along those lines so that all american citizens know how to properly handle and use a fire arm.

Furthermore since it is an American right i also propose that upon completion of these programs the state provides the student w/ a firearm of their very own.
Yeah, like Switzerland.

Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
No gas! That's the ticket!!! Just think, if the price of gas were so high no one could afford it then there'd be no pedestrians killed. Well perhaps because there would be no cars except for, of course, the very rich, politicians and govt employees. No sweaty bicycle seats for the limo-libs! Don't forget that there would be all kinds of open lanes to rush all those who succumb to heat stroke along the way to hospital. (Global warming ya know)
Have you been listening to Macron?

Jun 2018
Toronto
Guns are toys with only one single purpose: to kill. Unlike cars.
What could be an useful usage of a gun? Can you transport something or prepare a meal with a gun?

Jun 2018
South Dakota
Guns are toys with only one single purpose: to kill. Unlike cars.
What could be an useful usage of a gun? Can you transport something or prepare a meal with a gun?
Strange that you should use the analogy of cars. Cars and guns are just alike.
The recreational use of guns is far more prevalent than their use to kill......anything. They are inanimate objects that are used by people. what they are used for is determined by the user. Cars can be used to kill just as guns can. In fact there is in law something called vehicular homicide. Guns are used in far more roles that do not include killing.......anything, than they are to kill. Cars are also used for many roles other than killing but they can and are used to kill, both accidentally and willfully, just like guns. I'm betting the carnage due to cars far outstrips anything seen by guns in recent history.

Last edited: