Case against Islam

Nov 2013
NM
Agreed.

That experience occurred in 2012. Side note: The landing was "the" craziest of my life, powerful side wind, three bounces. Really had my attention. :freeze:
Glad you survived all that. Me, I've been amazed for years now how often helos & airplanes crash in the Middle East, SW Asia, & I suppose the old Soviet states too. Either there's a lot of bad maintenance in those aircraft, or someone's getting too cute with assassination attempts that don't look like assassinations attempts @ first glance.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
...Odd terminology, final solution, though the intent is clear. I don't have one. What's your final solution?
It was intentional. I believe we can learn a lot from history just as George Santayana wisely stated.

The solution isn't banning or attacking people because of their religion. The solution is to uphold the law and treat everyone equally. If they break the law, then treat all lawbreakers in accordance with their crimes, not their religion.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
It was intentional. I believe we can learn a lot from history just as George Santayana wisely stated.

The solution isn't banning or attacking people because of their religion. The solution is to uphold the law and treat everyone equally. If they break the law, then treat all lawbreakers in accordance with their crimes, not their religion.
Exactly. Religion should not ever been a factor when applying the letter of the law, same as gender or race should not.
St. louis, Mo. got a lot of refugees from the break-up of Yougslavia in the early 90's, Croats, Serbs and Bosnians. There are now something like 60,000 Bosnians living in the St. louis area.
Some of them were Muslims of course. I rememeber back in the early 90's one of them murdered his own daughter.
His defense lawyer tried to use his religion, old tribal customs of his region, the whole honor killing thing as a defense.
St. louis and the state of Missouri was NOT buying it. The man got either death or life with no parole, i forget which. And just to make sure they got their point across they arrested and charged damn near every member of the family for everything for being a accomplice, mishandling a corpse, lying to the police, obstruction of justice, anything they could think of.
Made sure they ALL got the maximum sentence. Anyone that had ANY knowledge of the crime and did not immediately call the police and cooperate fully was slammed...HARD.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Exactly. Religion should not ever been a factor when applying the letter of the law, same as gender or race should not.
St. louis, Mo. got a lot of refugees from the break-up of Yougslavia in the early 90's, Croats, Serbs and Bosnians. There are now something like 60,000 Bosnians living in the St. louis area.
Some of them were Muslims of course. I rememeber back in the early 90's one of them murdered his own daughter.
His defense lawyer tried to use his religion, old tribal customs of his region, the whole honor killing thing as a defense.
St. louis and the state of Missouri was NOT buying it. The man got either death or life with no parole, i forget which. And just to make sure they got their point across they arrested and charged damn near every member of the family for everything for being a accomplice, mishandling a corpse, lying to the police, obstruction of justice, anything they could think of.
Made sure they ALL got the maximum sentence. Anyone that had ANY knowledge of the crime and did not immediately call the police and cooperate fully was slammed...HARD.
Agreed. This is America. I support immigration, and we're in dire need of immigration reform, but everyone must both be treated the same under the law and also obey the same laws.

Apr 2014
Heart of America
Yes, treat everyone the same. Ban Islam from the USA. Written while Obama was in office....
View attachment 3266
1) Where did you get that picture because when I search it all I get is Russian and White Supremacist websites.

2) Being a Muslim alone isn't banned from immigration but being a member of ISIS or a fucking Nazi white supremacist scumbag would do it.

FACT CHECK: Were Muslims Banned from the U.S. in 1952?
That law, originally aimed at Communists, could be used now to exclude persons (both Muslims and non-Muslims) who have demonstrated an affiliation or sympathy with violent extremist groups professing Islamist motivations and goals (e.g., ISIS, al-Qaeda, Al-Shabaab, Boko Haram) from entering the U.S., but asserting that it enables a de facto ban on all Muslims is inaccurate. Most major religions involve basic, agreed-upon sets of tenets by which their faithful live, and no widely-accepted understanding of Islam encompasses a prohibition on following the laws of any country or advocates the overthrow of government.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Christianity reformed Judaism. For example, when a woman was caught in adultery, Jesus showed mercy on the woman even though under Mosaic law they had the right to stone her. Jesus said that through him was offered a better covenant, or as he put it, the perfection of the law.

The issue is sin and the destruction that comes from it. The Mosaic law killed the sinner to get rid of the sin, as where Jesus offered a way to destroy the sin instead of the sinner.

Mohammad wanted to drag the world back to the OT and continue to stone the adulterer. Are you in favor of that?

Then there is the whole issue of the state being involved. Islam has not learned what Christians have learned, and that is the state plus religion invites added reasons to oppress people. The Founding Fathers learned this as the state spoke through the pulpit of the Church of England. They had had enough of that kind of control.

Then Mohammad goes further by essentially giving open ended commands for jihad. He also converted with the sword, something not ever mentioned in the Bible. Because Mohammad was a warlord and because he placed his theology above all others, this is the biggest issue I have with the entire religion.
Are you in favor of witch hunts because Satan and his demons can possess people? How about slavery that is also justified with the bible including in the New Testament where Christians are told to be good slaves, and the hundreds of years Christianity supported the idea that people are born into their position and they could not leave that position because it is the will of God they stay in the position that they were born into, and the protestants did drag Christianity back to the past by insisting everything in the Bible be taken literally.

If you want to debate with me, you will list the Sharia laws besides the one of stoning that was a common practice for all people including Jews. My point is, that is how people thought back in day, and Mohammad didn't take people back, but brought them forward by writing a story that was acceptable to his people. While it was Greeks who improved upon Judaism. Christianity is the result of Hellenized Jews and then later taken over by Rome and Romanized Christianity is not that good.

Do you know history? Europe grew up with warlords and they used Christianity to justify their atrocities and they claimed divine right insisting they had to answer to no one but God, and they had zero religious tolerance and prosecuted Jews, and the Protestants and Catholics fought wars against each other. We don't even talk about Orthodox Christianity which is what Russia was and it is a very different belief system, closer to Greek Christianity than Roman Christianity.

Last edited: