Case against Islam

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Somewhat of a fastidious point, but if this assertion is true how you can justify the passages you cite has having such a negative impact on Islamic culture?
They have a negative impact on those who read them and comprehend them and don't let the "flowery" passages blind them. That's a guess.

Islam did have a tolerant Golden Age. However, most of the Gulf states, SA in particular, illustrate modern, fundamentalist Islam.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
"A" software engineer says, "I must also reemphasize that this analysis is superficial and the findings are by no means intended to be conclusive. Ours is a 30,000-ft, cursory view of three texts: the Quran and the Old and New Testaments, respectively."

My ground level, considered view disagrees with his 30,000-foot cursory view. My comparison of Jesus Christ to Mohammed is spot on. My first studies of Mohammed and Islam began in 1972, as part of a general study of religions, looking as an young adult for one that fit me. I was stunned.

Then, I considered Mohammed to be diametrically anti-Christ in every way, his personality, his life, his teachings. Now, 47 years later, I feel exactly the same way from a deeper well of knowledge.

I've known and liked Muslims. I don't understand their choice of religion, because they don't seem like their Prophet.

Once more, a Christian must turn Christ's teachings on their head to proselytize unbelievers with a sword, just as the European colonizing nations did. A Muslim can follow the teachings of Mohammed. That's a fact.
Tha's OK, as the vast majority of people that call themselves Christians do not live and act like their Jesus The Christ.
Likewise, the vast majority of Muslims do not live and act like their phrophet.
Both pretty much pick and choose what they want to believe and actually act on based on their own self interest and bias.

Reactions: Clara007

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
Tha's OK, as the vast majority of people that call themselves Christians do not live and act like their Jesus The Christ.
Likewise, the vast majority of Muslims do not live and act like their phrophet.
Both pretty much pick and choose what they want to believe and actually act on based on their own self interest and bias.
That's true. It's a shame that more Christians don't act like Jesus the Christ.

It's a blessing that more Muslims don't act like Mohammed.

Reactions: Clara007
Dec 2018
New England
Alas, not that many. From Pew Research (2010):
  • 84% of Egyptian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
  • 86% of Jordanian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
  • 30% of Indonesian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam
  • 76% of Pakistanis support death the penalty for leaving Islam
  • 51% of Nigerian Muslims support the death penalty for leaving Islam

Muslim Publics Divided on Hamas and Hezbollah

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
That's true. It's a shame that more Christians don't act like Jesus the Christ.

Exactly my point. For most people their religion is used as a justification, an excuse, for something they WANT to do, or don't want to do.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado

Excellent evidence that fundamentalist Islam is a cult, similar to the Mafia. Stop and consider; those nations are among the more sane Islamic nations.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.

However, exactly how many of those countries actually HAVE the death penality for leaving Islam?
How many that DO have it apply it?
How many people in those 5 listed countries have actually beem executed for leaving islam, let's say over the past 10 years UNDER THAT LAW?

In other words, what you claim to support does not mean jack shit when it comes to the realoty of law and it's enforcement.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
However, exactly how many of those countries actually HAVE the death penality for leaving Islam?
How many that DO have it apply it?
How many people in those 5 listed countries have actually beem executed for leaving islam, let's say over the past 10 years UNDER THAT LAW?

In other words, what you claim to support does not mean jack shit when it comes to the realoty of law and it's enforcement.
You haven't proved that. You made the assertion. Prove it.

Truly, it doesn't matter how often it's acted upon. The survey wasn't of governments. It was of the people. The people believe it. That's what matters.