Case against Islam

Jul 2018
Earth
right, so the taliban was one person? ISIS was an individual? the governments of saudi arabia, iran, pakistan, malaysia, brunei, are "small groups"?
and WW1, WW2, the atrocities of stalin, hitler, pol pot, mao, were done by christians shouting "jesus is great!" while they slaughtered and enslaved?

also, 'referencing' other peoples violence isnt the point. commanding violence, direct specific orders to be violent in the name of religion, thats the point.

sorry, your post is factually incorrect at every level.
See the difference is that when a muslim nutjob yells "God is great" when he blows himself up he only kills a handful of people. When a Christian decides that people need killing he gets his followers to kill them by the herd. Do some math and calculate who has killed more people since 1990, crazy muslims or sane Christians.

Jul 2018
Earth
There are actually a lot of non-Christians who act like Christ. In fact, they are better at Christianity than Christians. :cool:
The Jesus character was an intolerant narcissistic ethnocentric religious bigot. He isn't a good example for what a decent person should be. And he didn't start Christianity, the Paul character did.

Mar 2008
australia
See the difference is that when a muslim nutjob yells "God is great" when he blows himself up he only kills a handful of people. When a Christian decides that people need killing he gets his followers to kill them by the herd. Do some math and calculate who has killed more people since 1990, crazy muslims or sane Christians.
islam spread by the sword across the middle east, india, northern africa, and into europe. the figure i have heard is 280 million killed during that time of expansion. obviously thats an estimate.

also, lets consider the rest of islamic doctrine, outside of terrorism. who forces women to live under sacks? who mutilates girls genitals? who doesnt consider beating your wife a crime? who recognises as legit middle aged men marrying children? who still has blasphemy a legal offence that is actually prosecuted? who has laws about what religion your spouse has to be?

Reactions: imaginethat
Nov 2012
Rhondda
Countries have customs, and countries under perpetual attack by the imperialists tend to be old fashioned (and religious, because the bulkly-boys didn't dare attack the mosque). The sort of people who would have believed in our most primitive customs now use theirs to score off their religion, like someone in the Seventeenth Century. Ludicrous!

Mar 2019
The Mall
It was actually a lot of people who dropped two atomic bombs on Japan and most, if not all, of them claimed to have been Christians. Christians kill people wholesale; muslims kill them retail.
You're still confused. They were government officials, that was their job, self defense. They didn't kill in the name of Jesus. That's the difference.

Feb 2007
USA
No bridge.

I'm being objective. I could have stated it more kindly. Muslims, like Christians, don't read and/or don't comprehend their holy book...
So, IT, you honestly believe you have some sort of God-like ability of being able to know exactly what more than 900,000,000 humans on this planet "know" about some religious text, of course not including many, many millions of other humans who claim to be Christian and regarding their religious text?

If so, then I see no point of discussing this topic with you since you have already abandoned reason and, as such, you are beyond any rational arguments concerning this topic.

This discussion is over, for me at least.

I've got better things to do with my time.

imaginethat

Forum Staff
Oct 2010
Colorado
So, IT, you honestly believe you have some sort of God-like ability of being able to know exactly what more than 900,000,000 humans on this planet "know" about some religious text, of course not including many, many millions of other humans who claim to be Christian and regarding their religious text?

If so, then I see no point of discussing this topic with you since you have already abandoned reason and, as such, you are beyond any rational arguments concerning this topic.

I've read big chunks of it. Have you?

Mar 2008
australia

thats probably for the best.

its hard to detect baloney in a topic you refuse to study.

maybe reading islamic doctrine could be one of those things.

Jun 2013
USA TN
The Jesus character was an intolerant narcissistic ethnocentric religious bigot. He isn't a good example for what a decent person should be. And he didn't start Christianity, the Paul character did.
you got any proof to back up that ridiculous statement?