Change in teacher's salaries

Nov 2012
Lebanon, TN
Please read what you quote, and you too Sabcat.

Four states have no tenure. And Instead of making lay-off decisions on the basis of tenure status or seniority, 11 states require that teacher performance be the [B]primary consideration. Another state, Washington, adds this requirement in 2015-16.*Ten*states explicitly prohibit the use of tenure status or seniority[/B]

And, 46/50 is .92 or ninety two percent. And 35/50 is 70 percent.
Yes. but only 4 states DO NOT HAVE TENURE..

Performance is a consideration.. IN 46 STATES SO IS TENURE A CONSIDERATION IT IS NOT THE ONLY CONSIDERATION.

So please read the FIRST PARAGRAPH..

I DID READ WHAT I POSTED.

Washington State and the "11" did not end tenure. as you are infereing (

http://app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=28B.50.851
"Tenure" shall mean a faculty appointment for an indefinite period of time which may be revoked only for adequate cause and by due process

OOPS as the opening paragraph said ONLY 4 states have no tenure. Tenure as different requirements in the other states

in 4 states prevent the City and County schools systems from offering tenure. the others the state does not offer tenure, but the city and County/parrish school systems can.

Last edited:
Dec 2013
Beware of watermelons
Really? There would be no strong middle class if it had not been for unions and people risking getting their heads bashed in for decent wages and decent working conditions. It seems to me you are working with a third world economy mentality where people are doing so poorly slavery could hardly be worse.
Unions served a purpose. I do not deny that. That purpose has been served and they are now a parasitic growth that IMO should be removed. The world is a different place then it was back then. Bob does not keep his 1st job until retirement. Most people will have 5-10 different jobs by their 30s and are constantly shopping their resumes. Unions, seniority, pension and basically all of the things that the unions were once good for get in the way of this.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
Unions served a purpose. I do not deny that. That purpose has been served and they are now a parasitic growth that IMO should be removed. The world is a different place then it was back then. Bob does not keep his 1st job until retirement. Most people will have 5-10 different jobs by their 30s and are constantly shopping their resumes. Unions, seniority, pension and basically all of the things that the unions were once good for get in the way of this.
Bull-fucking-shit...
Thanks to Trump and people he appoints to destroy federal regulatory agencies instead of run them we can see just how very easy it is to destroy worker/consumer/environmental safeguards that unions were instrumental in helping to create.
"Bob" the worker needs certain protections no matter where he is working or how long he will be there.
Same goes for the consumers and the environment itself.
If anything the need for strong, politically/socially aggressive unions has never been greater.

Feb 2014
Oregon
Are you saying you are okay with people being exploited and abused or do you have a fantasy that that does not happen?

Until we replace autocratic industry with the democratic model I will support unions. I have personally experienced very unpleasant working situations and unions are important to workers. People without unions are too likely to be victims of bad employers, under the autocratic model.

Jul 2014
massachusetts
Where is the evidence that workers would be treated fairly without unions?
It's the right to work states where workers have the lowest wages, the fewest benefits, and worst government services.

When the standard of living in Mississippi or Tennessee surpasses the standard of living in Massachusetts or New York, you'll have a case for ending unions.

Nov 2012
Kekistan
Are you saying you are okay with people being exploited and abused or do you have a fantasy that that does not happen?

Until we replace autocratic industry with the democratic model I will support unions. I have personally experienced very unpleasant working situations and unions are important to workers. People without unions are too likely to be victims of bad employers, under the autocratic model.
You obviously are not familiar with the union mantra of "be glad you have a job", which is used when a contract violation occurs and you decide to exercise your right. That is how a union typically backs its workers.

Dec 2014
Memphis, Tn.
You obviously are not familiar with the union mantra of "be glad you have a job", which is used when a contract violation occurs and you decide to exercise your right. That is how a union typically backs its workers.
Bull-fucking-shit.